By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Shadow1980 said:
Since it was brought up earlier, we are now officially in the December NPD period. NPD's months start on Sundays, and December if a five-week month, so the current NPD period will run from today to December 31.

Shadow does it seem the data in the monthly and yearly are more responsive to what's actually happening? Have Amazon updated the system and the 3 day lag time is a thing of the past?

Around the Network

Will this be the peak Black Friday for 8th gen console sales? There's a chance Scorpio will cause Xb one to peak on BF 2017, but if it's a premium console at a premium price then it would have to be huge sales for Scorpio to bring a new high in BF sales for Xb one, and if PS4 starts it's decline next year and Switch being in full swing (and Wii U and 3DS being dead) it almost certainly still means that 8th gen as a whole has peaked this year. Unless people are going to cheat and call Switch an 8th gen machine, which I guess depends on how you define a generation.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

gtjay1982 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

correct

Roger.  Thank you.

December has five weeks! ;)

Cyber Monday bigger than Black Friday?

Shadow1980 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

He will. well he'll start the December thread on the 1st then update us with the laggy data from November on the December thread.

SWORDF1SH said:

Shadow does it seem the data in the monthly and yearly are more responsive to what's actually happening? Have Amazon updated the system and the 3 day lag time is a thing of the past?

I definitely won't be putting the December thread up until Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

As for Amazon's lag, the 3-day delay appears to have been reduced to a one-day delay, with the new rankings showing up sometime before 10 AM EST. I noticed it because that one-day sale for the XBO S 1TB BF1 SKU last Sunday that caused a spike to sales of that SKU, and said spike was reflected in the Monday update. Further observations confirmed it, and it's been like that for the past week. Whatever happens on a particular day (like BF) will be reflected in the weekly, monthly, and yearly rankings the next day.

Maybe that's why we had all the problems when the charts wouldn't update, Amazon were updating, improving and integrating a new system.

Around the Network

A ps4 slim at 212? I wish I could have waited this long to grab one.

binary solo said:
Will this be the peak Black Friday for 8th gen console sales? There's a chance Scorpio will cause Xb one to peak on BF 2017, but if it's a premium console at a premium price then it would have to be huge sales for Scorpio to bring a new high in BF sales for Xb one, and if PS4 starts it's decline next year and Switch being in full swing (and Wii U and 3DS being dead) it almost certainly still means that 8th gen as a whole has peaked this year. Unless people are going to cheat and call Switch an 8th gen machine, which I guess depends on how you define a generation.

I don't think so. Next year will have sub $200 deals on PS4 Slim and XBOS. Plus the Pro will be $300, and as you said, the Scorpio will be available as well. I don't know where to put the switch, but I think it is better to look at the overall market regardless of generations. If you look at it that way, I think next holiday will be amoung the best in the history of the industry.

In addition, next year will have a ton of push from VR being widly available, and the experiences spreading. Next year their will be a whole years worth the VR Games, Interactive Experiences, and Creative/Productive Software. Sony will be pushing PSVR very hard, and Micorosft will be touting VR with the release of the Scorpio. 

Finally, non gaming and non entertainment will really start to blossom on PS4 and XBO next year as Sony and Micorsoft continue to reach for larger and larger markets. Universal Windows Applications will really start to take off, and this will force Sony to offer similar abilities. PlayStation Vue will continue to expand it's offerings, and it will be joined by Hulu, Youtube, and Direct TV Now. By the end of next year, the breadth of content and ease of use will outstrip every other device on the market by a long shot. So, I fully expect next year to sell more than this year, but I also think we are many years away from consoles hitting their peak sales. The XBO and PS4 Family of platforms will continue to sell better and better for a long time to come.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

5 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#01 PS4s UC4 Bundle (up 1)
#03 PS4 Pro (up 1)
#07 XB1s-500gb Minecraft Bundle (up 4)
#10 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (up 16)
#13 XB1s-1tb Battflield Bundle (up 2)
#30 N3DSXL Lime (down 2)
#50 N3DSXL Black (down 20)
#58 PSVR Headset (up 9)
#91 XB1s-1tb Gears Bundle (down 10)
#96 N3DSXL Red (down 32)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)

Nothing at the moment

PS4:
2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 2 in the top 10 / 2 in the top 5
XB1:
4 in the top 100 / 3 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 2 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

The PS5 Exists. 

PS4 really doing well.

#1 and #3

Go go ps4!