By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is screwing those who bought a Wii U

Ganoncrotch said:
0D0 said:

Virtual Boy is a joke. I believe we can't list Virtual Boy here. The others you mentioned aren't Nintendo consoles. GBA has an extraordinary library.

Read his statement, does it say Nintendo consoles?

Also while the GBA has a lot of good games, lots of them are ports, think about the Mario games which the GBA has Mario bros 2 from the NES, Super mario world, Yoshi's island, Mario bros 3, from the SNES, it doesn't actually have its own 2d mario game, it has superstar saga which is a phenomenal game, but yeah look at the games which it got, loads of them are slightly upgraded SNES ports F-Zero , Mario Kart (which even contains the majority of SNES tracks) But my point was more that the system was launched in 2001 and the DS was launched in 2004 which absolutely pulled the rug out from underneath the system and gave it a very unexpected early death.

Even look at the GBA-micro, launched in Sept 2005, the DS was already available and it sold just 2million units considering it was a beautiful little system, with a backlit screen, great rechargable battery built in... it was just sent out to die because its successor had already been released on the market which even had a GBA cart port so the software could live on even though Nintendo accidentally put a bullet in one of it's hottest selling consoles ever (Selling 80m units in the 4 years it was on the market as the primary Nintendo console.)

But yeah Wii-U launched in 2012, Switch comes out 2017 that be 5 years of life

GBA launched in 2001, DS launched in 2004, 3 years before it got replaced.

Read his statement, does it say Nintendo consoles?

I'm talking about Nintendo consoles. If you have any argument about others consoles, I don't care. My dialogue is about Nintendo's situation.

Wii U it's still the worst console Nintendo ever released. GBA is much better.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network
etking said:

The buyers screwed themselves, everybody knew the system was a failing for many years. Look at the gamepad and you will know why. And the system may be dead, but a huge homebrew scene is now more alive than ever before. Also you can sell your system for full price or even more, since there will be huge shortage when Zelda arrives. Out of production Wii-U units will never reach demand so prices will rise heavily.

Switch will kill any Wii U demand.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

In my opinion, remastering Splatoon and MK8 is more harmful for the Switch than for the WiiU (provided that Nintendo doesn't develop proper sequels in the future).

Miyamotoo said:
SpokenTruth said:

TO ALL:   Did anybody suddenly enjoy Mario Kart 8 and Smash Wii U any less because they are being ported to Switch?  If this is your logic, backwards compatability has ruined all previous consoles with that feature.

Very good point. OP could also easily said Nintendo screwed Wii owners because Wii U has BC.

As I said:

Backwards compatibility is not comprable, since new owners are not getting better graphics or extra content (that is not available for early adopters or is a ripoff like most DLC). Also you have to either already own the game, or buy it used, since most games for old systems are out of print.

Magnus said:
Miyamotoo said:

Very good point. OP could also easily said Nintendo screwed Wii owners because Wii U has BC.

As I said:

Backwards compatibility is not comprable, since new owners are not getting better graphics or extra content (that is not available for early adopters or is a ripoff like most DLC). Also you have to either already own the game, or buy it used, since most games for old systems are out of print.

You think same like PS3 remasters on PS4!? By your point Sony definitely screwed PS3 owners with PS4.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Entropio said:
In my opinion, remastering Splatoon and MK8 is more harmful for the Switch than for the WiiU (provided that Nintendo doesn't develop proper sequels in the future).

Any reason you can think of why they wouldn't?  And what would those teams be doing for the next 3 - 4 years?

Well, of course there's no reason why (but it could happens, who knows?), but anyway I can't see the harm caused to Wii U owners (and I'm one of them) by releasing ports of those games.

how is this dead horse still being beaten? surely enough has been covered in the first 5 pages.

Wright said:

I agree. Nintendo's management of WiiU has been terrible altogether, and taking away what little incentives one could have to purchase it feels like a complete slap in the face.

Yes. As someone who bought a Wii U on launch day, very excited for games like Pikmin 3 (which wound up being a massive disappointment), I can say with authority that I am very disappointed. It may sound weird, but IF they had delivered Breath of the Wild in 2015, or even by Holiday 2016, as the LAST big exclusive for Wii U, that would have gone a long way to making the console feel more worthwhile. But considering they pulled the TP BS with it, making it a "launch title" for Switch, just to be cheap, no, the Wii U does not feel worth it at all.

Worst 3rd party support in Nintendo console history. Even Nintendo's own titles have been largely sub-par. There is not a single game I can point to and say, THIS is why I own the Wii U. Zelda would have been that. Games like NSMBU, and Mario 3D World, Wonderful 101, Yoshi's Wooly World, etc., are good games. Even though I'm not into them, even Bayonetta 2, and Mario Maker and Splatoon, are good games. But I would not call any of those GREAT, system defining titles.

Then there were the MANY games Nintendo themselves have put out, that were massive disappointments, because of very short-sighted or pointless design decisions. Pikmin 3 nonsensically removed many KEY elements, like swarming, camera zoom, and multiple save files. Smash Bros. doesn't even have a cheap, vanilla Adventure Mode of any kind. Mario Kart 8, which is otherwise great, has the crappiest, most phoned in excuse for a "Battle Mode" in the franchise's history. And Star Fox Zero is a joke. We finally get a "new Star Fox game", except first it turns out it's not really a new game, but rather just another rehash of SF64 elements. Then they ruin even the fun THAT could have been, by giving you crappy motion controls as THE only option, because Miyamoto thought it sounded neat.

Beyond that, Wii U simply hasn't gotten "BIG" titles it should have, and Nintendo themselves have mismanaged their own development cycles. They came into the Wii U, and into HD, astonishingly unprepared. There are no Metroid games, no F-Zero, no Wave Race, no BIG 3D Mario game, no exclusive Zelda (coming soon enough to matter, and truly being exclusive, anyway). And even the indie titles on eShop. I was very excited when all of these indie games kept getting announced for Wii U. I felt like, well if the retail side isn't there, I AT LEAST have a bunch of cool indie games to look forward to. But the problem is, most of the ones I've waited for, have either disappeared, been cancelled for Wii U, or are still in development, and who the hell knows if they'll ever actually come out. Very disappointing, overall.

I don't DISlike the Wii U. I like the GamePad, even though it could have stood being less blocky, and they never even bothered making a single game that would have used their alleged "mutlple GamePads" configuration. But as a system, it has been a failure, sales wise, and it honestly doesn't even have THAT strong of an overall library. Every single other Nintendo home console has a MUCH stronger overall library, all with system defining titles, than Wii U does, and that includes the Gamecube.

Even though I really didn't love the tacked on motion controls of Wii, in fact having that be the ONLY control option ruined many Wii games, I still really liked the system. It had a surprising amount of digital titles, it had fantastic support, compared to Wii U, and even though it did miss out on many multiplat third party games, it still had strong third party support. Wii didn't start having any kind of "droughts" until late in it's life, like 2011 or 2012. Hell, in it's first year on the market, the damn thing had very nearly one Nintendo published game a MONTH, on average. That was incredible, especially when you stop to consider some of those games included Super Paper Mario, Batallion Wars II, Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime 3, and Mario Galaxy. Wii U's first year on the market was a nightmare by comparison.

So I'm not going to just run out and buy a Switch. In fact, I still honestly haven't heard nearly enough to make a decision either way. I have always liked the idea, even when it was just rumor, of a hybrid console. I have often missed out on cool games that only come to the handhelds, because I just have never been big on handheld gaming. So having ONE unified system that gets all the kinds of games the home unit usually does, AND all the games DS/3DS usually get, that holds great appeal. But, having said that, I don't fully love those detatchable controllers, and of course just because they show off a list of developers, and generate some buzz, they need to actually prove to me that they are going to give the system good marketing, and make sure it actually has good support. Because I remember a similar list of devs for Wii U, and how "stacked" some people felt Wii U's launch looked, and how bright the future was. And then we all saw what happened, just a few short months later.

I hope Switch IS awesome, and has amazing games that AREN'T held back by retarded design choices, and I hope it DOES have good marketing, and strong support from third parties and indies. But I'm not going to hold my breath until I actually see that happen.

I have more trust with Nintendo on the Switch, since it's a hybrid and you do not have to both 2 different systems and expect 1 of them to not have any games on it. The Nintendo Switch is a hybrid and will have all of the Nintendo games. Plus I like my WiiU

Zkuq said:
You're upset because those games might end up getting remastered for Switch?

Hes upset because of many things but it seems to mainly stem from the fact that Nintnedo left their Zelda fans without an exclusive on the Wii U. The Wii U was dead in the water so it makes sense, but they need to fix that third party or else.