By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Clarifying the 4GB of RAM of the SWITCH for those who just see the numbers.

understood 53 61.63%

I don't want to understand 32 37.21%

Total:85

This is not "clarifying", this is "try looking at the best possible scenario".

I'd say, maybe it won't be so bad as you say. But what if it is bad and there's not much RAM to spare? What is your reaction?

I bet your reaction will be that it just doesn't matter the RAM difference between Switch and the other consoles because: it's Nintendo! So, no use for this thread in the first place really.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Indeed, best to wait and see the actual details and performance, rather believing all rumors..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

For a cartridge based system I don't think you really need as much RAM when running game as the format itself acts like a solid state some what.

Wyrdness said:
For a cartridge based system I don't think you really need as much RAM when running game as the format itself acts like a solid state some what.

Is this a joke?

Conina said:
Wyrdness said:

Is this a joke?

It's more of an enquiry because Cartridges operate in a different manner, if you disagree how about you clarify why instead of such replies.

Around the Network

Oh boy. Getting pretty nasty. No. Sleep. Till' Brooklyn. Let's not go all N4G in here.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Wyrdness said:
Conina said:

Is this a joke?

It's more of an enquiry because Cartridges operate in a different manner, if you disagree how about you clarify why instead of such replies.

Cartridge memory can't replace RAM, it is much too slow for that.

Has Nintendo (or anyone else) stated what type of RAM is on the Switch? If Switch has 4GB of GDDR5 that would be enough IMO.

Conina said:
Wyrdness said:

Cartridge memory can't replace RAM, it is much too slow for that.

I think you misread the post as I meant that the platform may not need as much RAM usage as the other platforms as people were talking about the possible 3GB for games compared to the 5GB for games on the other platforms, not cartridges replacing RAM.

4GB RAM is enough for power of Switch, actually 4GB perfectly fits and it looks that Switch will be well balanced for what it is.