By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VG Chartz #'s are full of it?

Because I'm telling you they are, and anyone else who's seen them would know as well.

Around the Network

Bye bye troll.

I would love to see the numbers given by sources as well but I think if they did that, companies and other sites will just steal the data. That data is what keeps this site afloat. It would be like giving away their recipe for doing business.

Just take it for what it is. No one thinks the data is 100% accurate and if it does look strange then it probably is and that can be said of both this site and NPD who I trust even less.

FishyJoe said:
nintendo said:
FishyJoe said:
nintendo said:
No offense, but are you seriously implying that VGChartz (a free, fan based website) is a more reputable source then NPD (a very expensive compilation, used by every single publisher in the industry)? I'm just curious how the numbers could be so drastically off.

No, I just want to see where you are getting the npd numbers from. I'm not saying you're right or wrong. I just want to see the numbers.

Well unless you have access to them, you're obviously not going to see them.

Then how the **** are we supposed to know if they are off?

Please try and star out curse words please.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

It has nothing to do with trolling or not...
The whole point of the thread was, I wanted to see a good explaination for why the numbers are different, we're not talking a trivial difference here either...
So if NPD, a trusted source in the industry for many years, run by paid professionals used by everyone in the industry gives one answer and VGChartz, a new comer, with "free" information, and unpaid hobbiest running it gives a completely opposite answer... and then when I ask I get a bunch of defensive bs, its just not very helpful for your cause

Around the Network

I'm sorry for using curse words, but it's utterly ridiculous to post something without any kind of proof whatsoever. "Because I'm telling you they are" is about as good as hearing it from the tooth fairy. I could make up all kinds of statistics if that is the threshold for truth.

nintendo said:
Because I'm telling you they are, and anyone else who's seen them would know as well.

Then why should we believe you anyway?

To answer your question, the only way to come up with sales numbers is to either make them up, or sample some retailers. Don't think it's a good enough sample? Simple: just ignore them.

But if you come here with NPD numbers saying VGChartz' are off, asking what the NPD numbers are is a valid question. Also, if you want to know which retailers these numbers come from, asking which retailers NPD uses is a valid question too. And if you want to know what's the process by which the numbers are aggregated and estimates made, we certainly would like to know the same about NPD's.

So, if NPD does not publish any of this info, why should VGChartz be held up to a higher standard?

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
FishyJoe said:
I'm sorry for using curse words, but it's utterly ridiculous to post something without any kind of proof whatsoever. "Because I'm telling you they are" is about as good as hearing it from the tooth fairy.

it's proprietary information, hence you can't publically talk about it.

I understand. Nintendo: Okay I understand you have your opinion but what is the NPD numbers? If you dont tell us how can we believe your not just the site owner of NEXTGENWARS?

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Well, im looking at the NPD numbers now, puzzle quest is showing as 8million copies sold in April

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play