By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VG Chartz #'s are full of it?

nintendo said:
It has nothing to do with trolling or not...
The whole point of the thread was, I wanted to see a good explaination for why the numbers are different, we're not talking a trivial difference here either...
So if NPD, a trusted source in the industry for many years, run by paid professionals used by everyone in the industry gives one answer and VGChartz, a new comer, with "free" information, and unpaid hobbiest running it gives a completely opposite answer... and then when I ask I get a bunch of defensive bs, its just not very helpful for your cause

nintendo said:

FishyJoe said:
I'm sorry for using curse words, but it's utterly ridiculous to post something without any kind of proof whatsoever. "Because I'm telling you they are" is about as good as hearing it from the tooth fairy.

it's proprietary information, hence you can't publically talk about it.

Here's what I love the most: This clown comes in and (very insultingly) says that ioi's numbers are crap and he knows the "real scoop" because he's a big man who gets to see into NPD's ivory tower.

He says, 'I want to know why you jokers have numbers so far off of NPD's. But I'm not going to tell you NPD's numbers.' When we say 'WTF man, we can't explain that without knowing what NPD numbers are and how it got to them,' he says 'Jeez, you're so defensive, that proves your numbers are BS.'

nintendo said:
Alright, I got my answer.

Now, unless I'm wrong (and I'm not), here he's implying that by not bending over backwards for his ridiculous demands and/or giving him a datadump of ioi's entire data and methodology, we've validated his preconception that we're all just idiots playing with calculators like over at nexgenwars.

[edit: well, that may not be too far off for most of us, but I know ioi doesn't deserve this kind of abuse!]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!