By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Pokemon SuMo will have Sold/Shipped 10mil in under 2weeks! Update, it did it in 1 day lol

Ultrashroomz said:
Honestly, I think it can hit that without too much struggle.

If thats the case then maybe we can potentially see 12mil-ish First 2 weeks? That would mean around 14-16mil in a month and a half.... That be insane

Around the Network

ship + digital gonna happen First / second week easy. Nintendo will most likely overship it at Launch, and sells The rest in December.

Sold through, probabily starting December.

Ryng_Tolu said:

ship + digital gonna happen First / second week easy. Nintendo will most likely overship it at Launch, and sells The rest in December.

I dont think theyll overship it by that much. If the games for example ship+digital 9mil first week, itll have sold thru of probably 8mil with a second shipment of 2mil the following week.

Ive been to every pokemon mainline launch and its always like, if it does do 10mil first 2 weeks we can expect a sold thru of 9mil with another mil or 2 shipped right afterward

tbone51 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

I dont think theyll overship it by that much. If the games for example ship+digital 9mil first week, itll have sold thru of probably 8mil with a second shipment of 2mil the following week.

Ive been to every pokemon mainline launch and its always like, if it does do 10mil first 2 weeks we can expect a sold thru of 9mil with another mil or 2 shipped right afterward

Pokémon ORAS shipped 7.7 million first week, and then 9.25 million by end of 2014, so only 1.55 million in December.

It sold 3 million first week, second week was 300k in Japan, was second week in USA too but was Blackfriday, so of course should have been way stronger second week than Japan, and was Europe launch (+150k in UK, +190k in France)... let's say it sold about 1.5 million second week (esimate, not official), that's about 4.5 million second week, a difference of 3.7 million with official shipments , or only a < 60% of the total shipments.

Trusth me, they will overship it at launch. If we talk about shipments, my guess is +12million in November, +4million in December, for a total of 16-16.5million in 2016.

Ryng_Tolu said:
tbone51 said:

Pokémon ORAS shipped 7.7 million first week, and then 9.25 million by end of 2014, so only 1.55 million in December.

It sold 3 million first week, second week was 300k in Japan, was second week in USA too but was Blackfriday, so of course should have been way stronger second week than Japan, and was Europe launch (+150k in UK, +190k in France)... let's say it sold about 1.5 million second week (esimate, not official), that's about 4.5 million second week, a difference of 3.7 million with official shipments , or only a < 60% of the total shipments.

Trusth me, they will overship it at launch. If we talk about shipments, my guess is +12million in November, +4million in December, for a total of 16-16.5million in 2016.

Interesting prediction. Kinda high but thats my style lmao.

Oras did 3mil fw? I need to do more research. Im going to post a full on prediction as well. Can you find fw and maybe 2nd/3rd week numbers for japan on XY and ORAS?

Also NPD for XY and Oras. I need to do some digging

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Oras did 3mil fw? I need to do more research. Im going to post a full on prediction as well. Can you find fw and maybe 2nd/3rd week numbers for japan on XY and ORAS?

JAPAN

XY = 1,866,570 (first week); 473,151 (second week); 229,402 (third week)

ORAS = 1,508,665 (first week); 298,613 (second week); 171,813 (third week)

USA (NPD)

XY = 1.7 million (Oct 2013); 750k (Nov 2013); 720k (Dec 2013)

ORAS = 1.5 million (Nov 2014); 1.1 million (Dec 2014)

Bonus (Some Europe first week):

UK = 130k XY; 152k ORAS

France = 126k XY; 191k ORAS

Lifetime Spain

Y = 170k; X = 165k; Shappire = 130k

Worldwide launch year

XY = 11.61 million

ORAS = 9.35 million (i said 9.25 million before, my mistake 9.35m is the right number)

Ryng_Tolu said:
tbone51 said:

JAPAN

USA (NPD)

UK = 130k XY; 152k ORAS

Lifetime Spain

Worldwide launch year

XY = 11.61 million

ORAS = 9.35 million (i said 9.25 million before, my mistake 9.35m is the right number)

Thankz i cant find my old thread that had more numbers but this should do. Will do an accurate prediiction breakdown but whats your prediction fpr npd nov and dec for sun and moon? Im going with this off the top of my mind (will have more accurate pred later)

Sun/Moon 3.1mil Nov + 1.5mil Dec (4.6mil Years End Sold)

XY 3.17mil

ORAS: 2.6mil

Edit: will def go optimistic and change my prediction.... F*** it lol

tbone51 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

JAPAN

USA (NPD)

UK = 130k XY; 152k ORAS

Lifetime Spain

Worldwide launch year

XY = 11.61 million

Thankz i cant find my old thread that had more numbers but this should do. Will do an accurate prediiction breakdown but whats your prediction fpr npd nov and dec for sun and moon? Im going with this off the top of my mind (will have more accurate pred later)

XY 3.17mil

First month for Sun and Moon looks right. About double of ORAS.

Secon month is too big drop. ORAS droppe by only 30%, Sun and Moon isn't going to drop by a massive >50%

November NPD: 3 million; December NPD: 2 million

That's my guess.

Ryng_Tolu said:
tbone51 said:

XY 3.17mil

First month for Sun and Moon looks right. About double of ORAS.

Secon month is too big drop. ORAS droppe by only 30%, Sun and Moon isn't going to drop by a massive >50%

November NPD: 3 million; December NPD: 2 million

That's my guess.

If it doea do spmething like that (5mil sold) then NoA Ship+Digital alone will be roughly 7-7.5mil. That would be crazy.

Here is hoping

Half of that might already be preordered. Soooo maybe!

Pocky Lover Boy!