By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Pokemon SuMo will have Sold/Shipped 10mil in under 2weeks! Update, it did it in 1 day lol

SuperNova said:
That sounds crazy, but I think it's possible. Unfortunately I think it will be slightly more frontloaded than Pokemon normally is, because of Swich.
Did we ever see a full new generation released so close/after a new console came out? I know BW2 did, but that wasn't a new gen. I'm thinking it might affect it's legs.

Actually it was BW. Came out same month for the West (3ds and BW).

Japan had about 4/5months same like switch and SuMo

Around the Network

Doubtful, but you were pretty spot on with your Splatoon predictions!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
Doubtful, but you were pretty spot on with your Splatoon predictions!

Thank you. And not to brag but Luigi Mansion 2/SSB4 (combined) as well.

tbone51 said:
SuperNova said:
That sounds crazy, but I think it's possible. Unfortunately I think it will be slightly more frontloaded than Pokemon normally is, because of Swich.
Did we ever see a full new generation released so close/after a new console came out? I know BW2 did, but that wasn't a new gen. I'm thinking it might affect it's legs.

Oh! Well, I guess my memory is a little rusty then. BW did do less than DP as well as XY now, but it still did very decently, so maybe SuMos legs wont be cut as badly as I think.

SuperNova said:
tbone51 said:

Oh! Well, I guess my memory is a little rusty then. BW did do less than DP as well as XY now, but it still did very decently, so maybe SuMos legs wont be cut as badly as I think.

Not only that but ORAS did 7.7mil in 2 weeks. This one should be ahead

Around the Network

Considering XY sold 4m units in their first 2 days with nowhere near the install base 3ds has now or nowhere near the all things pokemon hype now, they could sell nearly 10m in their first 2 or 3 days. Europe in particular seems to be way more amped for Sun and Moon than for XY judging by the preorder trajectory they released. 

HyrulianScrolls said:

Considering XY sold 4m units in their first 2 days with nowhere near the install base 3ds has now or nowhere near the all things pokemon hype now, they could sell nearly 10m in their first 2 or 3 days. Europe in particular seems to be way more amped for Sun and Moon than for XY judging by the preorder trajectory they released. 

10mil is possible but not first 2 or 3 days because Europe gets it after NoA and Japan (by 5 days). Maybe on that 5th day. Euro does look like itll provide the biggest boost overall

Will they even ship 10 million in two weeks?

Honestly, I think it can hit that without too much struggle.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

think-man said:
Will they even ship 10 million in two weeks?

Yes they will this prediction is ship+digital. 10mil in 14days. 

9mil is the minimum here at this point

Edit:  you stay underestimating nintendo xD.