By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Pro: The Worlds Most Powerful Console

LivingMetal said:

Damn, ya beat me to it.  Good show.

I find it interestig they're running with 'the most powerful' console. Whilst it is true, it keeps that line of thinking alive which would eventually benefit the Scorpio. I'm guessing they'll run with this for a few months and then begin to change the narrative as we grow nearer the Scorpio's release. Then it will be 'all about the games'. Sony play chess better than most.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
LivingMetal said:

I find it interestig they're running with 'the most powerful' console. Whilst it is true, it keeps that line of thinking alive which would eventually benefit the Scorpio. I'm guessing they'll run with this for a few months and then begin to change the narrative as we grow nearer the Scorpio's release. Then it will be 'all about the games'. Sony play chess better than most.

I definitely see that happening. They won't be able to make that claim with the "most powerful" console in existence any longer. It will certainly be about the games then. I'm excited for the Scorpio and the Pro. I think it's gonna be like how vanilla PS4 and Xbox 1 is to each other, concerning the power thing...when Scorpio and Pro drops.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

GribbleGrunger said:
LivingMetal said:

Then it would be be world best selling console. or No.1 console chosen by gamers.

Rafie said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I definitely see that happening. They won't be able to make that claim with the "most powerful" console in existence any longer. It will certainly be about the games then. I'm excited for the Scorpio and the Pro. I think it's gonna be like how vanilla PS4 and Xbox 1 is to each other, concerning the power thing...when Scorpio and Pro drops.

What people are overlooking because of this whole 'power' narrative is the exclusive games coming in Q1/Q2 2017. It would be easy to change the narrative to 'it's all about the games' when you have games like Horizon: Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Nier, Nioh, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Dreams, What remains of Edith Finch, Detroit: Become Human, Gravity Rush 2 and GT5 hitting early on in the year. There are many others too but not a shoe in for 2017.

The PS5 Exists. 

That's one of the worst adverts I've ever seen.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
LivingMetal said:

The non-Pro was already the most powerful and now this???  If you really think about it, Sony is the first to have both the best selling console and being the most powerful.

One of the better ads since retiring KB. Hahah.

I really need to pre order my pro. it's already selling out in some regions and once November hits and the advertising begins the chances of it selling out in more regions including mine goes up.

Carl2291 said:
That's one of the worst adverts I've ever seen.

What didn't you like about it?

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Hiku said:
I hope they do a deceptive "Best selling console in America" after winning one NPD. xD

It wouldn't be deceptive if they did it now, as it is the best selling console in America.

Edit: Never mind because it's only if you include current gen.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'