By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft announces new VR headsets for Windows 10, starting at $299

Microsoft’s partners will ship a new line of virtual reality headsets to take advantage of Windows 10’s VR and holographic capabilities. At today’s event, Microsoft said that the headsets will start at $299 and will include inside-out tracking sensors, obviating the need for external cameras or laser systems like those on the current Oculus Rift or HTC Vive. HP, Dell, Lenovo, Asus, and Acer are all listed as partners.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/26/13418156/microsoft-windows-10-holographic-virtual-reality-headset-announced-price

This is great news. VR needs to get more affordable to really take off. 

2017 is going to be an amazing year for gaming.

Around the Network

That is really affordable, I am still hoping the for Sony VR Version 2 (because I believe it will happen), before checking this one out, but honestly that is a great price.

This is really good. I think they are going to use some of the tech. they developed for HoloLens for the tracking too.

Also you can now get a VR Ready PC for $499.

http://radeon.com/en-us/cyberpowerpc-vr-ready/

They Look great, finally i can watch vr po, I meen finally i can play minecraft on my pc for a decent price in VR

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

That's pretty cool at that price. Good stuff

Praise the One.

Cheaper AND no need for external cameras.

If it works as well and as comfortable as PSVR this could really challange Sony.

Good move!

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Screen type? refresh rate? FoV? Resolution?

so who still going to buy Oculus Rift or HTC Vive??

That's pretty cool. I'm all in for the VR phase and that price is really seductive. Maybe they can incorporate it into Xbox One and revitalize Kinect the way Sony revitalized Move.