By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Religious people understand the world less, study suggests

This is true because I have faith in it.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

I'm not in the slightest surprised about this. I was just waiting until something like that is going to be published. I fully agree with that statement.
Some religious people tend to have a bad understanding of how certain things work. They are also the first to judge certain cases and categorize them as being caused by spirits, ghosts or demons and stick to that conclusion.

Sadly enough, my mother falls into this category. Despite being sold on magnets which have magical power and giving her strength, she thinks to be smarter than everyone else on case regarding ghosts and god and stuff.

I avoid talking about this stuff in her present, because it doesn't end well.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

haven't we got enough religion threads already?

I personally feel sorry for people who only believe in quarks

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

dark_gh0st_b0y said:

haven't we got enough religion threads already?

I personally feel sorry for people who only believe in quarks

People don't believe in facts as in people don't believe in gravity.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

There's a difference between "religious" and "spiritual".

Anyway, it's scientists' job to understand this world, not mine. Just like it's mechanics' job to understand how cars work and chemists job to understand how medicine works.

Around the Network
ohmylanta1003 said:
Honestly. When are we going to stop having threads where it's okay to tell religious people how stupid they are?

Well, this is just reporting about a study and its findings... If you think there have been insults, you might want to report such users. But it's pretty dubious to ban reporting about studies and such (unless there's something wrong with the study of course). Essentially it would mean banning reporting facts.

It's old knowledge that religious people are significantly more stupid than atheists. The problem is that some people seriously use this as an argument against the existance of God.

Zkuq said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
Honestly. When are we going to stop having threads where it's okay to tell religious people how stupid they are?

Well, this is just reporting about a study and its findings... If you think there have been insults, you might want to report such users. But it's pretty dubious to ban reporting about studies and such (unless there's something wrong with the study of course). Essentially it would mean banning reporting facts.

Wasn't talking about the OP.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Slimebeast said:
It's old knowledge that religious people are significantly more stupid than atheists. The problem is that some people seriously use this as an argument against the existance of God.

But you can use it to argue that God isn't where the smart money is. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
Slimebeast said:

But you can use it to argue that God isn't where the smart money is. 

What does that suppose to mean?