By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Walking Dead Season 7 Episode 1 *May contain spoilers*

As a comics fan, alli kept saying is "Don't fuck this up". Not only did they do the comic justice, I think they surpassed it. Whenever they go off script, they tend to ruin things but when they stick to the story that Kirkland wrote, everything feels tense and powerful. I loved it.

If they continue, people are in for one hell of a season and some great television.

Around the Network

Now we have to wait several seasons to find out how this pans out.

If shane were alive, he would be Negan

What is sad is knowing that for each good episode The Walking Dead gives us, it then yields 10 boring and cringe ones. So now I'm getting ready for those.

The Walking Dead has some competition now that Fear The Walking Dead is in a good streak after Season 2 Episode 8.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:

What is sad is knowing that for each good episode The Walking Dead gives us, it then yields 10 boring and cringe ones. So now I'm getting ready for those.

The Walking Dead has some competition now that Fear The Walking Dead is in a good streak after Season 2 Episode 8.

Fear The Walking Dead is just funny. That drug addict is like a young Kramer.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

You find it funny? :P I find it cringe-worthy, melodramatic and a sad case of missed opportunities most of the time, like The Walking Dead.

But the last episodes of the second season were pretty solid by forcing characters to go separate ways, not going on errands like in The Walking Dead but really separating them.

AbbathTheGrim said:
KLXVER said:

You find it funny? :P I find it cringe-worthy, melodramatic and a sad case of missed opportunities most of the time, like The Walking Dead.

But the last episodes of the second season were pretty solid by forcing characters to go separate ways, not going on errands like in The Walking Dead but really separating them.

TWD is actually well written. FTWD is just silly. I dont like a single character in it.

I'm a season behind so I never saw this episode but I did watch 'the spoiler clip' of it.....(I'm not one of those people that care about spoilers etc..)

That was so disturbing I dont even know if I can continue watching the show again which I had planned to since the last season is now on Netflix.... *shrug O_O

KLXVER said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

TWD is actually well written. FTWD is just silly. I dont like a single character in it.

I don't consider TWD particularily well written, neither FTWD. People in charge of make up and good actors keep the series afloat, even with the cringe dialogue that they are given most of the time.

TWD characters are more relatable sure, but the last episodes of the second season of FTWD picture a show capable of having a string of episodes of good quality without dropping it, thing TWD hasn't been able to do.

I admit though, FTWD hasn't made a good episode as good as one of the best TWD episodes.

KLXVER said:
Trunkin said:

It is sort of weird how that scene is completely overlooked. It had me literally shaking, which is something this show had never done before. The fact that Rick was absolutely going to cut off his own son's hand for the man who just killed two of his closest friends actually did a better job driving home just how hopeless their situation is than the deaths themselves did.

I thought i was done with the show after that pathetic cliffhanger last season, but maybe I'll stick around for just a bit longer... Maybe....

I dont really think the cliffhanger itself was bad, it was the waiting 6 months to find out is what most people hated about it. If it ended like that in the second to last episode, I think people would like the cliffhanger more since they would only have to wait a week.

I kind of agree with you. It wasn't the cliffhanger itself that was terrible, but rather everythong surrounding it. The entire season 6 was a huge letdown, with several episodes that felt like they were just wasting time. They split the midseason finale in half much like they did with the season finale, except there the pacing was atrocious and there was no payoff, then they spent the next half season building up to the big Negan reveal -- the one thing that would almost justify all the dicking around the writers had been doing for thw whole season, aaannd they cut it short. It was a huge slap in the face, and i did not see it coming.