By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Repost: Emily Rogers "Why you should be excited about (Switch)’s software output"

That's what excites me more about the Switch. The lack of software redundance between portable and home console.

Around the Network

After all she got right on switch, i devote my soul to emily. Not that you remembered me this, Im much more excited!

Watch how most of them are remasters and virtual console. #wiiu #neverforget

That won't exactly be a tough milestone to beat. The Wii probably had more software in year 1 than the GameCube did in its last 3 or 4 years. It definitely had more killer apps year 1 than the GameCube had in its entire lifespan, which might not be hard considering the GameCube didn't have any killer apps, and the Wii had several. Either way, this is a very probable outcome for NS. It will likely have more software, particularly big games, than the Wii U had in its lifetime.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

"There is a new strategy that was put in place to create and release first party software at a faster rate."

This is both exciting and scary. Hopefully this doesn't mean Nintendo will continue to make cookie cutter games with their IP like they've been doing with Mario and Luigi, Animal Crossing, etc.

Around the Network

Emily is quite clear in her second post that many, if not most, of these games will be smaller games like Captain Toad, third party exclusives like Bayonetta 2, second party collaborations like Hyrule Warriors, and enhanced Wii U ports like we saw with Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon.

If you're imagining an in-house BotW-level project every month or something, you're going to be extremely disappointed. I won't, but you will.

Ljink96 said:
"There is a new strategy that was put in place to create and release first party software at a faster rate."

This is both exciting and scary. Hopefully this doesn't mean Nintendo will continue to make cookie cutter games with their IP like they've been doing with Mario and Luigi, Animal Crossing, etc.

Yeah, hopefully that means more games like Captain Toad instead of Amiibo Festival.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I agree that Switch will have plenty of 1st party games the first year, hopefully boosting the install base and thus luring in 3rd party developers. It is however the 1st party games Nintendo will be making their bread and butter from this gen. 1 console means less revenue from HW - and this system will not outsell the 3DS even - so they'll be making their money from games, and their 3rd party support have been spotty at best, so that leaves 1st party games. With that in mind, the Switch is a smart business move for Nintendo, and this is good news for us gamers, since those pesky droughts on the Wii U is a thing of the past.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

AZWification said:
Ljink96 said:

Yeah, hopefully that means more games like Captain Toad instead of Amiibo Festival.

Honestly, I've enjoyed Captain Toad most than the  90% of the AAA games I've played this gen, so let's hope so. AC, on the other hand, was painfully bad.

AZWification said:
Ljink96 said:

The only thing that I think that is doing good for AF is the Animal crossing Line Amiibos and the Amiibo cards. 

Pocky Lover Boy!