By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: The Nintendo Switch will fail (with explanation)

Do you agree?

Yes 47 38.84%

No 58 47.93%

Results 16 13.22%

Total:121

"The Tegra X1 has a high energy consumption so isnt ideal for mobile usage."

Pixel C uses Tegra X1. X1 is also an older arch than the one that Nvidia will be using for the NS.

Kool Story Bro

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
danielrdp said:
Asedebck said:

everybody who likes facts and the truth i guess. All the people thinking the Switch will be as powerfull as an xbox one are completly off. There is not a single logical reason for that.

Even if it's less powerful than the X1, it doesn't mean it will fail. You can't play Zelda BoW on a X1 or an iphone. No everything is about power. We don't know the switch's specification, so hold your horses, before saying that it will fail because it's less powerful than a phone.  

But I can play Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario, Splatoon and so much more on the wii u. That system sold 13 mio Units.

Most people will prefer to be able to play Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Witcher, Battlefield, Battlefront, GTA, Read Dead Redemption, Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Fallout, New Elder Scrolls, Mirrors Edge, Rainbow 6, The Division and many other third party aaa title over 7-8 Nintendo games (Mario, mario Kart, Zelda, Smash, Metroid, Splatoon, Pokemon).

+ all the Ps/xbox esclusives like uncharted, the last of us, bloodborne, gears 4, halo, forza, driveclub, until dawn, gran turismo, Quantum break, Ratchet and Clank, God of war, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, the last guardian and so on...

we don't have specs, software, games or price... but your prediction is that the system is going to fail. I can't respect your prediction.

Captain_Yuri said:
"The Tegra X1 has a high energy consumption so isnt ideal for mobile usage."

Pixel C uses Tegra X1. X1 is also an older arch than the one that Nvidia will be using for the NS.

Kool Story Bro

1. The x1 in the pixel is clocked down and alot less powerfull.

Benchmark comparison:

T-Rex 1080p Offscreen

Nvidia Shield Console (full potential): 118 FPS

Pixel C: 85 FPS

Source: https://gfxbench.com

One qoute:

"When Nvidia announced the Tegra X1, it talked up the efficiency of the chip, lauding the process improvements and new GPU tweaks mentioned above. But how efficient is it? We were told that Tegra X1 hits peak power consumption of 10 watts when rendering an Unreal Engine 4 demo. That’s certainly impressive when you consider the Xbox needs 100 watts to do the same thing. However, 10 watts is still way too much for a tablet—most tablet processors consume maybe half that at the very top end."

Source: http://www.greenbot.com/article/2879437/everything-you-need-to-know-about-nvidias-new-tegra-x1-chip.html

For comparison: The a10Fusion consumes 4,5 Watt at maximum clock speed.

onionberry said:
we don't have specs, software, games or price... but your prediction is that the system is going to fail. I can't respect your prediction.

So why not come back in some month or a year?

Around the Network
Asedebck said:
onionberry said:

So why not come back in some month or a year?

ok :)

onionberry said:

Same can be said for who think will be a success.

Ryng_Tolu said:
onionberry said:

Same can be said for who think will be a success.

that's true, his prediction is not invalid because I have an opinion.

It probably won't happen but it would be funny if the Switch turned out to be more powerful than x1 or ps4. The Internet would melt.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

1-Half xbox one is good enough for the kind of games they want to put on switch, i think. I think they are not competing with ps4 and xbox. more and more people are start playing on tablets, and a tablet that have mario kart, splatoon, zelda could be more attractive than others.
2-All third parties that are going to mobile can be on switch, and mobile is growing, receiving more and more support from thirdies. I think it is far more better than wii U third party support. (ok, not the ideal, maybe you have a point)
3-Well, nintendo may not sell at loss. Maybe NVIDIA should manage to sell the chips at loss to nintendo. They want to take a part of home console market that is all dominated by AMD. They need switch to succeed.

But im more worried if switch will have handheld games and a good battery life... If not, it can fail.