By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is committing a lot of the same lethal mistakes they did with the WiiU, and more.

This is ridiculous. Your saying that your opinion is in fact, fact especially since your saying that others won't listen to your point of view but you are doing the exact same thing and not listening to Amy others point of view and then even when you do you describe their point of view as in they have no idea what they are talking about.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Nautilus said:

And I do mildly agree to your Japan argument, even though I dont think thats a right way to think about it, nor fully right.But since you have nothing to say to my other arguments, is it safe to assume you agree with them?

I don't really disagree with them.  I am talking more about sales behavior instead of how people think about the console.  How you describe it is fine.

But both are connected.You cant draw a conclusion basing on one evidence while ignoring the other.I wouldnt have a problem if you didnt have a conclusion and just pointed out this coincidence.But you did say that people treated it as a handheld.That is a conclusion.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I don't really disagree with them.  I am talking more about sales behavior instead of how people think about the console.  How you describe it is fine.

But both are connected.You cant draw a conclusion basing on one evidence while ignoring the other.I wouldnt have a problem if you didnt have a conclusion and just pointed out this coincidence.But you did say that people treated it as a handheld.That is a conclusion.

I am saying it is selling like a handheld.  To be precise, I think 80%+ of Switch owners also own a 3DS or Vita.  It is mostly selling to the handheld market.

Perception and use is somewhat different, and I think you are right about them.  For example, a lot of people may just use it as a hybrid and view it as a hybrid.  But I think think most of these people also own a 3DS or Vita.  I'm only commenting on sales behavior and not on how people actually use the device or perceive it.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Nautilus said:

I am saying it is selling like a handheld.  To be precise, I think 80%+ of Switch owners also own a 3DS or Vita.  It is mostly selling to the handheld market.

Perception and use is somewhat different, and I think you are right about them.  For example, a lot of people may just use it as a hybrid and view it as a hybrid.  But I think think most of these people also own a 3DS or Vita.  I'm only commenting on sales behavior and not on how people actually use the device or perceive it.

Owning a 3DS or a Vita dosent mean they dont own a PS4, a Wii U or a XOne either.And that 80% seems to come out of nowhere.And even being such a owner dosent mean you use it exclusively as it, specially since we have hard data that the usage of the Switch is about evenly split.But fine.If thats all you mean, I guess you could be right, though i dont see what useful conclusion you could arrive from it.

I just had the impression, and Im guessing that Im not alone, that you were implying more than that.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Nautilus said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Owning a 3DS or a Vita dosent mean they dont own a PS4, a Wii U or a XOne either.And that 80% seems to come out of nowhere.And even being such a owner dosent mean you use it exclusively as it, specially since we have hard data that the usage of the Switch is about evenly split.But fine.If thats all you mean, I guess you could be right, though i dont see what useful conclusion you could arrive from it.

I just had the impression, and Im guessing that Im not alone, that you were implying more than that.

Exactly.  Case in point, I bought a Switch, and yes I own a 3DS.  But, I also own a Wii U and an Xbox One.  The Switch didn't replace my 3DS exclusively.  It replaced all of them, because I am using as both a console and a portable.

Around the Network
Mandalore76 said:
Nautilus said:

Exactly.  Case in point, I bought a Switch, and yes I own a 3DS.  But, I also own a Wii U and an Xbox One.  The Switch didn't replace my 3DS exclusively.  It replaced all of them, because I am using as both a console and a portable.

Also, owning a 3DS or Vita doesn't mean you bought a Switch to replace them.  For me, I have a 3DS but didn't have any current gen home consoles until the Switch.  When BOTW was announced, I was prepared to get a Wii U to play it, but then the Switch was later announced so I got that instead.  And I haven't replaced the 3DS with the Switch--I've bought games for both systems regularly since purchasing the Switch.  So for me, the Switch is thought of more as a home console, even though I had a 3DS too.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Stuart23 said:
KLAMarine said:
Is the horse dead yet?

Who cares? Lets beat it!

Rocketjay8 said:
Stuart23 said:

Who cares? Lets beat it!

We do it to tenderise its meat!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Nautilus said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I am not implying anything more.  

So many people on this forum are just arguing for their favorite console.  I am trying to understand the state of the market.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Nautilus said:

I am not implying anything more.  

So many people on this forum are just arguing for their favorite console.  I am trying to understand the state of the market.

Dont play victim please.People are arguing against you because not only your conclusions are based on "guesses", and thats putting it midly, but also against posts like this, that when  you are presented with evidences that state otherwise, you either deny or deflect.

Im not saying this to be mean, Im just pointing out that not everything is about the console wars.

But Splatoon is more value than all combined PS3 games.