By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is committing a lot of the same lethal mistakes they did with the WiiU, and more.

Nem said:
Miyamotoo said:

Actualy Nintendo several times said they aiming Switch to be accept wide market (that why you have games like Zelda, Metroid, Doom...but also Kirby, Mario Party, Labo..), they even said they want Switch to be one device per person instead one device per house but also that with current price point that still isnt possible. Switch is not selling even now because its modern, it selling because great concept, games and marketing, and Switch will have all those things even after PS5/XB2 are out with difrence that Switch will than have much more affordable price point for mass market, probably around $200. Offcourse you are sure that Switch will pass 50m when at end of this year Switch will pass 30m and thats less than 2 years on market. :D With sales like this Switch will probably be around 50m with around 3 years on market.

It's at 18.2m here on VGC. You really think it will sell 12m till the end of the year? I think you are being a bit optimistic.

It could be undertracked on here and its second year actually ends in March 2019.

Around the Network
Nem said:
You are right and you are wrong.

Your points are valid. In the AAA 3rd party market, the switch will never make it very far, especially with the next PS/X coming out in a couple of years. Aslong as Nintendo have an underpowered system, AAA third party support will always be weak.
But, what the switch can have is the japanese portable third party market. With the Vita done, japanese developers have to either go for the switch or completely go home console on the PS4.

So, i think anyone buying a switch has to understand it's a Nintendo system and it's not gonna offer anything different from the Wii U with a pinch of 3DS.

Now, it is also a fact that it's selling well. That is still a bit of a mistery. Who is buying it, if it's not a competent home console? I can only think it's the same people that bought a 3DS. It's a decently big enough crowd to support the system, but is that a sucess? Cause at that point we are comparing Wii U+3DS to switch. Is the switch truly a sucess when seen from that angle? Will it be able to grow that market? I have my doubts, but we'll see.

Because it is not only a home console, it is a "hybrid". That concept was clearly spelt out in the marketing for it, apparently some understood it and some didn't or chose not to.

As some have pointed out, it is not even likely that the switch has reached its full potential yet, it should when the price point actually hits the portable price point. With the rate at which its library is growing, it would be unwise for anyone to still be betting against the Switch not surpassing 50m.

Personally, I think the Switch will continue to sell well until 4k TVs become the norm in homes.

Last edited by duduspace1 - on 27 July 2018

duduspace1 said:
Nem said:

It's at 18.2m here on VGC. You really think it will sell 12m till the end of the year? I think you are being a bit optimistic.

It could be undertracked on here and its second year actually ends in March 2019.

Typically about 40% of Nintendo's hardware sells in November and December; sometimes higher, as in 2009 where Nintendo sold 10.5M Wiis in November and December of the 21 million sold for the year.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

They are totaly fine to reach their goal of 20M shipped for the period April 2018 - April 2019.

Even if NS could end this FY slightly under the best reasonable expectations, up until now it's doing remarkably well for a system plagued by so many lethal mistakes.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Even if NS could end this FY slightly under the best reasonable expectations, up until now it's doing remarkably well for a system plagued by so many lethal mistakes.

Well no console is perfect, but why call it lethal if the system is doing well?

Kai_Mao said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Well no console is perfect, but why call it lethal if the system is doing well?

Read the title of the thread. 

Nem said:
Miyamotoo said:

I talking about official ship numbers, Switch was at 17.8m at 31. March, with April-June period is probably around 20m, I dont have doubt that with July-December period will be at 30m+. Dont forget Nintendo forecasted they will have 37.8m at 31. March 2019. :)

Huh... that is crazy optimistic. I have trouble believing it. If sales are indeed at 18m. I don't see retailers having 10m Switches on shelves. Wel'll see.

10 million on shelves? What are you talking about? This sites numbers are for end of June, hes talking about sales at the end of December so 6 more months of sales which includes the holidays.

Switch sold ~13m in 2017, would need to sell ~17m this year to hit 30m, thats not crazy optimistic.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Thread still golden

zorg1000 said:
Nem said:

Huh... that is crazy optimistic. I have trouble believing it. If sales are indeed at 18m. I don't see retailers having 10m Switches on shelves. Wel'll see.

10 million on shelves? What are you talking about? This sites numbers are for end of June, hes talking about sales at the end of December so 6 more months of sales which includes the holidays.

Switch sold ~13m in 2017, would need to sell ~17m this year to hit 30m, thats not crazy optimistic.

It's the "falling of a cliff" prophecy. 0 unit will be sold during this period

We reap what we sow