By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is committing a lot of the same lethal mistakes they did with the WiiU, and more.

ryuzaki57 said:
KLAMarine said:

Was the Switch, in OP's words, dead on arrival or not?

Yes and that statement is indeed incorrect. That's why I said "in a way" or partially if you prefer. OP also says that "Nintendo is doing the same mistakes as they did with WiiU" and that "it was WiiU all over again". That is I think not proven wrong so far, because the imbalance between 1st and 3rd party is looking essentially the same as with previous systems.

I plan to make a big analysis thread on Switch and 3rd parties in early Jan. 18 so let's all meet and discuss the situation there. I'll answer a few important point but let's get done with this thread.

Regarding Ubisoft , do you think Mario and Rabbids was not a big project?  

It is a big and successful project, but it's not a 3rd party game.

you don't have a switch and havn't been looking at the eshop i take it..

Regarding the indies talk, yes Switch is the ultimate indy machine, Bravo! But indies won't make the difference.

The flow of Switch titles is growing exponentially, many Indies have said their games were the most successful on the Switch, Bomberman, Street Fighter, Dragonball, etc. all sold well. There won't be a PS Vita or 3DS in Japan anymore in 2018, so where else should japanese third parties go

No, Switch currently has 4 games scheduled for Q1 2018 in Japan, PS4 has 20. In the whole 2018, Switch has 20 3rd party games and PS4 60. Nothing "exponentional" here.

And yes there are several PSVita games scheduled for 2018.

Ofcourse PS4 has more announced it's been out for 4 years Switch has been out for 7 months, some notable third party titles on the way:

Doom
Skyrim RE
Wolfenstein
Tales of Project
Octopath
SMT V
No More Heroes
Fear Effect
Balzblue Cross Battle
Atelier Lydie
Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Inazuma Eleven
LA Noire
Rocket League
Tell Tale's Batman and Guardians

Now go back to the Wii U when it was 7 months old and name what third party title was on the way at that point that would flat out tell you the same mistakes are being commited even if the third party on the Switch doesn't match the competitors its far above what was recieved before.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 01 November 2017

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
habam said:

switch is 9th gen, its competing with the ps5, not ps4. The Wii U was the PS4s equivalent.

Show me where I can go buy a PS5. I wasn't aware that it is out in the market, let alone announced, displayed, previewed or given any details.

the ps4 wasnt out or announced / previewed, displayed etc. as well when the wii u launched back in 2012.

The Switch wasnt out etc. etc. as the ps4 launched

so whats ur point?

habam said:
burninmylight said:

Show me where I can go buy a PS5. I wasn't aware that it is out in the market, let alone announced, displayed, previewed or given any details.

the ps4 wasnt out or announced / previewed, displayed etc. as well when the wii u launched back in 2012.

The Switch wasnt out etc. etc. as the ps4 launched

so whats ur point?

That the Switch can't compete against something that doesn't exist. What's yours?

SpokenTruth said:
ryuzaki57 said:
I think BananaKing might still be right in a way. Look, Switch is selling fast but software sales tell the same story told before with the Wii and the WiiU : first party shines but 3rd parties bite the dust. At some point Switch is bound to struggle from its weak library and the lack of 3rd party exclusives. It may end up far stronger than the WiiU, but it will have had the same trajectory.

The agony of a foe succeeding is taking its toll on the psyche to the point of delving into madness and dementia. It seeks out any shred of negativity to cling to.  The last bastion of hope.  It comforts the weariness, self doubt and insecurities. It wants it, it needs it.

With trembling hands this post was submitted.  Eyes nearly welled up with tears.  Prayers spoken that kindred souls will echo the irrationality and drown out the voices of reason. Prayers spoken that 3rd parties will see the light and doom the hybrid console to a life of irrelevance.  Prayers spoken that the internal circuitry of the bastard child of a home and portable console fail to render title screens.

The lost cause of denial making a final attempt of resurrecting the glory days of a foe's defeat. The crusade must be carried on....at all costs.

That was beautiful! You have a gift.

Let's not jump to conclusions, in the multiverse there must be at least one universe where NS is failing miserably.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
Bajablo said: and i have a little feeling that bethesda will have it too.. and Ubisoft.. and... you get my point.. they are selling games and they are selling well

Actually I really don't. Maybe you could enlighten me with the high sales figures of Ubi and Bethesda on Switch?

What I know is :

- Nights of Azure 2 Switch sold 13% of total in Japan, 8 times less than PS versions

- Fate Extella sold 15 times less than on PS platforms in Japan

- FIFA18 Switch has vanished from EU charts and showed up low in the NPD Switch chart

- NBA2K18 Switch barely showed up in EU charts

We'll have more data in the next 2 months but so far 3rd parties on Switch haven't set worldwide charts on fire, while PS4 3rd parties are always in good position.

Also, Ubi is just porting old games on Switch and keeps its big projects for PS4 (AC, Far Cry, etc.) so it's not an example of solid 3rd party support.

This should have been enough to shut up some of the people who are attacking Ryuzaki in this thread.

Though, of course, Fate/Extella was a late port. He should've mentioned that.

(There's also a massive difference in install base between the Switch and PS4+XB1, for the western third-parties, but for his sake, I'll ignore that for now.)

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

ryuzaki57 said:
Bajablo said: and i have a little feeling that bethesda will have it too.. and Ubisoft.. and... you get my point.. they are selling games and they are selling well

Actually I really don't. Maybe you could enlighten me with the high sales figures of Ubi and Bethesda on Switch?

What I know is :

- Nights of Azure 2 Switch sold 13% of total in Japan, 8 times less than PS versions

- FIFA18 Switch has vanished from EU charts and showed up low in the NPD Switch chart

We'll have more data in the next 2 months but so far 3rd parties on Switch haven't set worldwide charts on fire, while PS4 3rd parties are always in good position.

Also, Ubi is just porting old games on Switch and keeps its big projects for PS4 (AC, Far Cry, etc.) so it's not an example of solid 3rd party support.

Where'd you get these numbers from?

TheWPCTraveler said:
ryuzaki57 said:

What I know is :

This should have been enough to shut up some of the people who are attacking Ryuzaki in this thread.

(There's also a massive difference in install base between the Switch and PS4+XB1, for the western third-parties, but for his sake, I'll ignore that for now.)

Why would you ignore it if it's a relevant point?

KLAMarine said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

For the simple reason that we don't really have consistent hard numbers for them, America+Europe combined.

I don't want to have to go out on a leg based off VGChartz numbers.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

TheWPCTraveler said:
KLAMarine said:

For the simple reason that we don't really have consistent hard numbers for them, America+Europe combined.

I don't want to have to go out on a leg based off VGChartz numbers.

ps4+x1=90 million+.

switch=7 million I think?

There you go.