By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSVR.. Well, that's me out for gen one. Overpriced software.Also, Don't fap in VR.

Software.,.

Overpriced. 36 40.91%

Underpriced. 2 2.27%

Just right. 41 46.59%

Extreme disorientation from Deja vu. 2 2.27%

Software.,. 7 7.95%

Total:88
KLXVER said:
KLAMarine said:

Well if AAA development with AAA budgeting is to be expected on PSVR, there's going to be a need for greater adoption than "hundreds of thousands" otherwise you can expect more "half-measures" releasing on PSVR.

Well then Ill wait for that. Im in no hurry.

A wise decision.

Around the Network
John2290 said:

Whoa. Sheet. I feel even worse for the people of the US now. At least you candians get free health care to make up for it, they just...wow, I feel so terrible for them now. 

Depends where you live, some provinces only have 5% sales tax, some states in the US no sales tax at all.

KBG29 said:
SvennoJ said:

I was tempted by here they lie. Is there anything more to it or is the demo pretty much what to expect? I don't mind the low resolution, yet if all there is is walking through the same tunnels I'll pass.

How is Eve Valkyrie? The demo was way too short to get a feel of the game. Is there any meat to the game to warrant full price?

I'm having a blast with all the psvr games so far, not enough hours in the day indeed. Just need to take a break for a drink now and then.

I only played Here They Lie for about 30 minutes. Just walking around picking up pictures, but it made me feel dizzy and gave me a headache.

Eve is great if Dog fights are your thing. It is a solid multiplayer game, and has a ton of upgrades to unlock. It is a little bit of a pay to free to play game though. So those that pay progress faster. I am enjoying it though, so I am down for the grind. I have enjoyed it better than any dog fighting game I have played before.

I'm not much into multiplayer and It doesn't seem to have much of a singleplayer. Perhaps I'll give it a try when it's on sale.
Out of 9 months of playing Elite Dangerous, I spend less than an hour on dog fights lol.

No summer lesson? 2/10 list

Ka-pi96 said:
KBG29 said:

The thought that Sony would put out a $400 device and not give it the support of its best developers and properties should be even more sickening. As above, it is Sony's job to bring software and set an example for 3rd parties. That is how they grow the userbase, and how they set new standards.

Well they`ve got multiple expensive devices that are much more important than PSVR (namely the Slim and Pro) that they should be supporting first. Besides, intentionally crippling their own developers is never a good move...

I believe PSVR is more important than PS4 and Pro. The Slim and the Pro will sell well, and they will likly sell towards to high end of what a console can. VR on the other hand is a much, much, much bigger market than the console market, and Sony wants to take as big of a peice as they can get. Giving PSVR the best game developers in the world, will help pull the gamers to the system, and help get 3rd parties to bring their top tier franchises to it as well. The faster they grow their marketshare, the better their chances are of getting produtivity, education, banking, fitness, and many more non gaming apps and software on the system. 

If PSVR fails, Sony will loose the VR race, and they can't afford to do that. This is their one chance to make PlayStation a dominate ecosystem that can compete with Windows, Android, and iOS. PSVR is the most important product Sony has launched since they launched the PS1. If PSVR succeeds, the PS4 will be a much more versitile devise, and their ecosystem will be large enough to bring in many more devices, and that will make it stronger yet. Sony's future hinges on the success of PSVR.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

John2290 said:
KBG29 said:

I believe PSVR is more important than PS4 and Pro. The Slim and the Pro will sell well, and they will likly sell towards to high end of what a console can. VR on the other hand is a much, much, much bigger market than the console market, and Sony wants to take as big of a peice as they can get. Giving PSVR the best game developers in the world, will help pull the gamers to the system, and help get 3rd parties to bring their top tier franchises to it as well. The faster they grow their marketshare, the better their chances are of getting produtivity, education, banking, fitness, and many more non gaming apps and software on the system. 

If PSVR fails, Sony will loose the VR race, and they can't afford to do that. This is their one chance to make PlayStation a dominate ecosystem that can compete with Windows, Android, and iOS. PSVR is the most important product Sony has launched since they launched the PS1. If PSVR succeeds, the PS4 will be a much more versitile devise, and their ecosystem will be large enough to bring in many more devices, and that will make it stronger yet. Sony's future hinges on the success of PSVR.

That is the most hyperbolic VR claim I've ever read or written and I've posted many bold statements such a VR tech incorporating some form of subconcious interface before the 2030's. They'd have to solve the problem of conecting the lower brain to the frontal cortex without invasive surgery at Gigabit speeds, next to impossible even concieving it, Sony's future does NOT rely on PSVR although they would obviously be better off if it succeeds and they will NOT come close to Apple , Google or MS profablity unless MS pulls out, Steam goes down for 6 months and Nintendo fail Wii u numbers NXt time..

lol yes, where did that come from? This extreme hyperbole. "PSVR is more important than PS4", "VR is a much, much, much bigger market than the console market"

Seldom one has seen such hyperbole about VR!

Around the Network

priece is similar to a new tv and totally okay.
Its a way better deal to get the psvr instead of getting a new 4k tv in my opinion.

Games will get cheaper over time. I agree battlezone or Eve arent really full priece games for me either.
Im really looking forward to robinso the journey though its amazing.

I had more fun with my psvr in the last week then i had with my ps4 for the rest of the year tbh, Its just a whole new level.

John2290 said:
SvennoJ said:
The full games are overpriced, smaller games are priced right.

So far I spend CAD 221.50 on software (€172 including tax)
- Rigs CAD 60 not sure if worth that much, but my kids like it
- DriveClub VR CAD 27 discount from season pass, just right
- Tumble VR CAD 13.50 just right
- Super Stardust Ultra VR CAD 27 I didn't get a discount for owning the ps3 version and dlc :/
- Thumper CAD 27 just right
- Wayward Sky CAD 27 just right
- Rez Infinite CAD 40 gotg, worth it.

That and the demos have kept me up each night and will for couple weeks to come. I also had not played Bound yet which got an excellent vr upgrade for free.

Eve Valkyrie and Battlezone are CAD 80 here, too much for what the demos show.
CAD 40 for job simulator, too much.

Anyway if you want to play all the launch games at launch, what did you expect to pay?

That window was from adoption day to early Feb when the main games start dropping in. And Sony is having these games rounding off much less in favour of the Europeans. for that 172 euro I'd get Rigs, Rez infinite, Driveclub VR and wayward sky. Mising out on Thumble VR, Thumper and Superstar dust. 

Blame your higher taxes. Games would be cheaper otherwise.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Slimebeast said:

lol yes, where did that come from? This extreme hyperbole. "PSVR is more important than PS4", "VR is a much, much, much bigger market than the console market"

John2290 said:
Slimebeast said:

Lol, I just type some stuff from my thought container and it comes out in different ways. In my defence your comment is the most hyperbolic comment about PSVR hyperbole I've ever read or written.

You all can have as much fun with that as you want, but it is a fact. PSVR is bigger than PS4. Sony has already said they will be allowing PSVR on non PlayStation platforms in the future. VR is an indursty that is going to be moving 500M devices a year in the next 5 years, and Sony wants to be a large chunck of those sales.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

John2290 said:
outlawauron said:

Blame your higher taxes. Games would be cheaper otherwise.

I blame Greece, the Germans and the idiot Brexit voters...And the Americans for their great subprime mortgages.

I can guaranteed the US and Brexit voters had nothing to do with your VAT and other import taxes.

I do think that the MSRP should be set a bit lower on these though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

KBG29 said:
Slimebeast said:

John2290 said:

Lol, I just type some stuff from my thought container and it comes out in different ways. In my defence your comment is the most hyperbolic comment about PSVR hyperbole I've ever read or written.

You all can have as much fun with that as you want, but it is a fact. PSVR is bigger than PS4. Sony has already said they will be allowing PSVR on non PlayStation platforms in the future. VR is an indursty that is going to be moving 500M devices a year in the next 5 years, and Sony wants to be a large chunck of those sales.

Two million down... 73 million and counting to go.

PSVR should be bigger than PS4... ohh wait, yep! I know this! Never.