By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October NPD 2016 predictions thread

Ryng_Tolu said:
UK sales

XBO ~ 100,000
PS4 ~ 75,000
Wii U ~ 3,500

About 33% Xbox one sold more than PS4. Difference was only 1,500 in September (so guess in the 1% range difference)

Looks like this is a easy Xbox one month.

Would be nice to know if the console are up from last Oct or down.

Around the Network

I feel VR and the Tomb Raider launch will have a huge impact on sales. Gears of War is a major player, too, especially in the already released XB1S bundle.

And if we take into account the PS4Pro is releasing in November, many are clearly going to hold off on purchasing. That said, we are officially in the holiday quarter of the year, and with Christmas decorations everywhere we are being reminded that it's time to buy presents.

I'd say both the XB1S and PS4slim are en route to a very successful month and it will be a very close race. I do feel, though, that the XB1S does offer slightly more than the PS4slim (especially if you take into account the possibility that the consumer would also purchase a 4K). A 4K BD player and a game console is two birds with one stone, after all.

I'm gonna say XB1S will take October, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if PS4slim took the win.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

bump, last day for predict

It looks like lots of people were right about XONE WINNING! Now we wait for them numbers.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Some numbers so far (ESTIMATE, NO OFFICIAL)

XBO - 327k (up YOY 8%)
3DS - 123k (up YOY 12%)

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Some numbers so far (ESTIMATE, NO OFFICIAL)

XBO - 327k (up YOY 8%)
3DS - 123k (up YOY 12%)

Xbox One - 329k

PS4 - 235k

Don't think we are getting 3DS so the 123k will have to stand :)

Farsala said:
[XB1] 270k
[PS4] 235k
[3DS] 115k
[WIU] 28k

First time I think, I got something exactly right with PS4 at 235k.

Not too bad on 3DS or Wii U either I assume, but XB1 definitely sold a lot better then I thought.