By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch not compatible with 3DS nor Wii U games

teigaga said:
KLXVER said:

Thats a pretty big detail not to mention imo.

It is but they could have said it doesn't have a touchscreen, just as they said it won't support 3DS cartridges or Wii U discs. Nintendo won't even confirm the games they showed running the system.

Why would it have a touch screen if the screen is docked during home play though? That would essentially mean the feature is never used by any game at all, I think it's a given it doesn't have a touchscreen.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Ganoncrotch said:

So does the 2ds.

in case someone says "but wait there is 2 screen area's on it"

Putting a frame around a single screen makes it appear to be 2, it's not though.

So we would have a piece of tape across the Switch screen then? Either way it just sounds awkward.

WiiU also has DS Virtual Console. They already thought this through, there's even a plethora of ways to have games displayed.

KLXVER said:
LivingMetal said:

I don't think a touchsceen is necessarily essential, but it gives it a nice touch, (no pun intended) more "enhanced options."  But wouldn't one be enough anyway?  Isn't only one screen on a 3DS a touchscreen?

Yes, but some games have the action going on on the top screen and you control it on the bottom screen. Like Kid Icarus Uprising.

So if it were BC with 3DS games, you control it with the smaller screen in your hands while veiwing the action on your flat screen tv.  I'm not saying Nintendo is doing this, but I don't see a problem playing 3DS games in this fashion.

If anyone was expecting it to support Wii U games, I don't know what they were thinking. You can't just fit an optical disc into a gamecard slot. As for 3DS, I'm not sure if the gamecards are physically compatible either. They could be, but there's always a chance that they're not. I'm kind of expecting them to introduce compatibility with a potential future handheld at some point though (but probably not with 3DS due to the whole dual screen and touching issue).

Sony got a lot of shit for the ps4 releasing remasters,
Sony got shit for no UHD player,
Sony got shit for no backwards compatibility.

Why is it Sony always get the hate but Nintendo are exempt from it?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Ganoncrotch said:

So does the 2ds.

in case someone says "but wait there is 2 screen area's on it"

Putting a frame around a single screen makes it appear to be 2, it's not though.

So we would have a piece of tape across the Switch screen then? Either way it just sounds awkward.

Or they could simply let a 10-pixel wide black line?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Kerotan said:

Have you missed all of the shit that Nintendo has received the last few years because of the Wii U?

Kerotan said:

The 1st one may or may not happen, but Ninten never was known to play movies and blue ray, and do you really expect the Switch to play Wii U titles now, with its change to carts..?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

The Switch should have touch screen. It's become the norm these days that small screen devices all have touch screens.

Also, isn't the Switch possibly bringing Wii U games? You can't play a lot of Wii U games without the touchscreen feature.

Kerotan said:

Because there's been plenty of other reasons to give Nintendo Hate.