By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bethesda: Skyrim is not confirmed for Switch

Louie said:
KLXVER said:

Why wouldnt Nintendo want Bethesda to talk about how they are bringing one of their biggest games to the Switch? Makes no sense...

Yet. Why would Nintendo not talk about their own big games right now? Doesn't make sense either, right? But they don't. They want all games to be revealed at once I guess. 

So they show Skyrim, then say its not certain it will be on the Switch and then reveal it will be and everyone will go crazy...is that the plan?

No, this is what will happen. They reveal all the games at the same time, the Nintendo games will be talked about and the third party games will be overshadowed by them.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Louie said:

Yet. Why would Nintendo not talk about their own big games right now? Doesn't make sense either, right? But they don't. They want all games to be revealed at once I guess. 

So they show Skyrim, then say its not certain it will be on the Switch and then reveal it will be and everyone will go crazy...is that the plan?

No, this is what will happen. They reveal all the games at the same time, the Nintendo games will be talked about and the third party games will be overshadowed by them.

This. Nintendo needs to give to 3rd parties some breathing room. But I'm also thinlking that they will make some sort of deal to push those games too. I get the feeling we could get some sort of bundle at launch, with both Nintendo and 3rd party games. Can't you see a special edition Switch bundled with both TLoZ BotW and Skyrim called Fantasy edition, or something like that?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
KLXVER said:

No, this is what will happen. They reveal all the games at the same time, the Nintendo games will be talked about and Thathe third party games will be overshadowed by them.

This. Nintendo needs to give to 3rd parties some breathing room. But I'm also thinlking that they will make some sort of deal to push those games too. I get the feeling we could get some sort of bundle at launch, with both Nintendo and 3rd party games. Can't you see a special edition Switch bundled with both TLoZ BotW and Skyrim called Fantasy edition, or something like that?

That would be cool. Nintendo does need to do some marketing for third party games. They are making money off them as well after all.

Bethesda

“We’re happy to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Nintendo on the video. While we are not confirming any specific titles at this time, we are pleased to announce our partnership with Nintendo and support of the Switch. We look forward to revealing specific games and details in the future.” - Bethesda representative

“We’re happy to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Nintendo on the trailer. While we are not confirming any specific titles at this time, we are pleased to announce our partnership with Nintendo and support of Nintendo Switch. We look forward to revealing specific details at a later date.” - 2K representative

(Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/20/developers-respond-to-nintendo-switch )

Those statements are basicly identical, it's really unlikely that they should come out independently from each other from two different companies.... Guess Nintendo is pulling the strings here...

thismeintiel said:
bunchanumbers said:
Its not happening. Even if it does, it will most likely be the 2011 version.

That's what I was thinking.  I'm not going to say it will never happen, but if it does it'll most likely be a port of the last gen version, but with all the DLC.  They may tack Special Edition on it, but it's not going to be up to par with the PS4/XBO version, and miles behind the Pro version.

Ganoncrotch said:

Remember this box? and the logo shown on stage for the Vita reveal? Sometimes games just don't happen as shown on the reveal of a console, still though, they're working with Bethesda which means there are "games" on the way, even if they aren't Skyrim.

It's sad we never got that game.  It would have been awesome.  Oh well. :'-(

The Bioshock collection on PS4 and Remote play are the only way to enjoy Rapture on the Vita, I'm definitely going to pick that up just to see how nice things could have been.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Louie said:

Did I say it's a good plan? I don't think the plan is good and I agree third party games will be overshadowed. But I still think Nintendo wants things to go that way. Don't shoot the messenger! :P