By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch probably more powerful than the Xbox One S, gets PS4 ports

onionberry said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Highly doubt it will be as powerful as the PS4 or even x1s... Saying it will get ps4 ports means nothing cause ps4 does have some games that don't even use its power... I shall remain skeptical

this console has a anew pascal architecture, the ps4 has an old radeon with a mobile cpu, it's not that impossible.

For mobile...

Nothing is impossible but it is highly unlikely

Desktop Pascal =/= Nvidia Tegra Pascal

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

i just saw an NBA game thats more than proof enough tbh

onionberry said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Highly doubt it will be as powerful as the PS4 or even x1s... Saying it will get ps4 ports means nothing cause ps4 does have some games that don't even use its power... I shall remain skeptical

this console has a anew pascal architecture, the ps4 has an old radeon with a mobile cpu, it's not that impossible.

If  the Switch dock console functions like Microsoft Book (also powered by Nvidia) with its own gpu, its possible.  Not the tablet alone though...

Captain_Yuri said:
onionberry said:

For mobile...

well that's the thing, the ps4 is using mobile components. I don't expect this to be a lot better or a lot worse.  but one thing is sure, if this handheld,console can play a bugthesda game with a renovated engine at a stable framerate ON a cartdrige, that's an achievement.

RolStoppable said:
It better be closer to the Wii U than the Xbox One.

"it better be"??

Obviously the more powerful the better.

Around the Network

Thats huge assumption, reality is that Switch is powerful enough that can run PS4 ports, that doesnt mean its more powerful than XB1/PS4.

onionberry said:
Captain_Yuri said:

For mobile...

well that's the thing, the ps4 is using mobile components. I don't expect this to be a lot better or a lot worse.  but one thing is sure, if this handheld,console can play a bugthesda game with a renovated engine at a stable framerate ON a cartdrige, that's an achievement.

Certainly it is an achievement and this is leagues ahead of both the 3ds and the Vita as far as handhelds go in terms of power but ps4 levels is quite a lot to achieve. While it is true that ps4 does use pretty weak parts, it still has better cooling and is able to draw more power than the NX ever will be able to. When you take that into consideration as well as drawing too much power will also kill the battery life, it suddenly becomes harder for the NX to reach those levels even with a lot more efficient architecture. If it weren't for those limitations, I would say it has a shot but considering those, I am skeptical.

At best, it will be with x1 imo

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:

"it better be"??

Obviously the more powerful the better.

1. Lower price.
2. Better battery life.
3. Shorter game development times.
4. Lower game development costs result in more varied game output.

That list of reasons is a lot better than yours which starts and ends with "I need to compensate for my small wiener."

No. Actually it starts with I need to compensate but it ends with "..and a lot of Nintendo fans apparently need to compensate"!!

You can't be serious. Lower price... Obviously power is more important than price.

And development costs, we as gamers don't have to worry about that. We don't develop the games.

This gen has tought that power is everything.

Double the Wii U and we're a go. Instant success.

Bullshit, even docked it won´t be half as powerfull than a XOne.

Dark_Feanor said:
Bullshit, even docked it won´t be half as powerfull than a XOne.

of course it is, the rumors stated it before