By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now that you have seen the Nintendo Switch do you think it will be successful?

Based off what you have seen will it be successful?

yes 318 48.33%

no 149 22.64%

maybe 156 23.71%

see results 33 5.02%

other 2 0.30%

Total:658

I smell success. The system is a nice hybrid of gaming console/tablet and that should turn on a lot of people. Particularly parents that want to give their children technology that is limited. At the same time i like how you can play it in the comfort of your house like any regular console system. If Nintendo can get the major publishers on board, they will have a huge winner here.

Around the Network

I hope it will, for the sake of this industry.
See how console sales in general have been decreasing yearly since 2009.... today, only two devices are getting decent sales and the casual gamers are definetely gone from consoles.
The Switch seems to have potential to cater some some of them again, and still providing a traditional gaming experience.
The indication of DeNA as one of Nintendo partners may be a hint that it will be compatible with mobile games, so loved by that audience.

Rogerioandrade said:
See how console sales in general have been decreasing yearly since 2009.... today, only two devices are getting decent sales and the casual gamers are definetely gone from consoles.
The Switch seems to have potential to cater some some of them again, and still providing a traditional gaming experience.
The indication of DeNA as one of Nintendo partners may be a hint that it will be compatible with mobile games, so loved by that audience.

... yeah... it's not like the PS4 is selling at a faster pace than the PS2, and the X1 is selling faster than the Xbox 360.

What makes you think the industry is on the decline? Nintendo undoubtedly is, but the industry as a whole isn't.

If that was the remastered version of Skyrim, then the power should be on a level that will help with 3rd party support with any X1 or PS4 game.

If the docking station has a suplimental compute device that could be upgraded to run 4k without replacing the entire console (holiday 2017?), I think it could be VERY successful.

It will at least do well enough for Nintendo to make a profit and stay in the race, that much I am certain. It already has what is likely to be the best version of 2017's GotY (BotW) at launch, so that is a huge plus.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I do feel at the worst case scenario, it has a lot of potential to be a success in Japan. Throw in a game like Monster Hunter and..... maybe Yokai Watch (if the franchise still has life in it at this point), and this thing can really take flight.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
Rogerioandrade said:

... yeah... it's not like the PS4 is selling at a faster pace than the PS2, and the X1 is selling faster than the Xbox 360.

What makes you think the industry is on the decline? Nintendo undoubtedly is, but the industry as a whole isn't.

Because Nintendo is the industry and without it consoles are dead.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
potato_hamster said:

My Bad.

RIP the console games industry

07-15-83  -  10/20/16 

potato_hamster said:
DonFerrari said:

My Bad.

RIP the console games industry

07-15-83  -  10/20/16 

Thank you for seeing the truth

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

No way, it has the same issues as the Wii-U. The hardware power is far too weak to run modern games, supposedly even weaker than the Wii-U itself. And the controller is too big and heavy, you need a pro controller to be able to play in a comfortable way. The switchable controller parts seem to be just a useless gimmick.

Maybe the OS will be based on Android or IOS, so the 3rd party games like Skyrim will release there too. This is very likely in my opinion and would leave the door wide open to go mobile only.

etking said:

No way, it has the same issues as the Wii-U. The hardware power is far too weak to run modern games, supposedly even weaker than the Wii-U itself. And the controller is too big and heavy, you need a pro controller to be able to play in a comfortable way. The switchable controller parts seem to be just a useless gimmick.

Maybe the OS will be based on Android or IOS, so the 3rd party games like Skyrim will release there too. This is very likely in my opinion and would leave the door wide open to go mobile only.

Weaker than the WiiU? Source? It's soon to make that statement. I doubt that it has the same power as PS4/One,'it could be tremendly over-prized imo.

It's soon to tell, but I think it has the potential to be a sucess. But we lack a lot of information to know anything about it.