By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch, what did you like, and what did you dislike?

Wyrdness said:
Zekkyou said:

720p is less than half of 1080p, so i fail to see why a system half as strong as the X1 (with consideration to my note about the CPU) wouldn't run it. Something half-way between the WiiU and X1 would be a moderate step above that, so baring Bethesda being even less competent optimizers than normal, i'd honestly be shocked if they couldn't get it to run.

It may be half the resolution but it doesn't mean anything at 720p can be run at half the power.

This hypothetical system should have pretty linear scaling with something like the Skyrim remaster, considering the type of upgrades it provides, and my note about the CPU. And again, the original system being discussed is stronger than half of an X1, while simultaneously 720p is *less* than half of 1080p (more than 10% so). The scaling between the X1 and this Switch could be sub-average and it should still be doable for even Bethesda :p At worst there'd just be more pop-ins.

Around the Network

Really liked it! That is all, cant wait =)

Like:
- Hybrid
- Nintendo games

Dislike:
- The name "Switch"
- Detachable controllers when put together
- Pro controller has left thumb analog as the top main rather than D-pad (not a real big deal tho)

Unsure:
- Nintendo didn't show any coop on the TV but rather just on the little screen. Hope Nintendo didn't forget about any 4 player couch coop features.
- Battery life; with great power (well more powerful than previous) comes great battery drain.

Final thought: I loved playing my PSP Go using the hybrid feature so I'd likely get this down the road but not at launch. Can't wait to play a real Pokemon game on the big screen!

V-r0cK said:

Like:
- Hybrid
- Nintendo games

Dislike:
- The name "Switch"
- Detachable controllers when put together
- Pro controller has left thumb analog as the top main rather than D-pad (not a real big deal tho)

Unsure:
- Nintendo didn't show any coop on the TV but rather just on the little screen. Hope Nintendo didn't forget about any 4 player couch coop features.
- Battery life; with great power (well more powerful than previous) comes great battery drain.

Final thought: I loved playing my PSP Go using the hybrid feature so I'd likely get this down the road but not at launch. Can't wait to play a real Pokemon game on the big screen!

Yeah, it's gonna take quite a bit more announcements for a day 1 purchase from me.

Design looks pretty good to me. It could be the best functioning handheld yet.

But being nintendo, I'm sure the games and hardware will not be for me.

Around the Network

I like it so far. Hell, the hardware doesn't appear to be so complicated that people will stay away from it and that's all I wanted. There's still so many questions left unanswered, though:
- What games will it get? (Because we all know Nintendo, they didn't show the exciting stuff yet)
- How powerful is it in tablet mode?
- Are the controllers motion controllers? Because I really want a new Wii Sports!
- Will the dock overclock the tablet for better performance on TV?
- How much will it cost? I hope no more than €299
- What's the battery life like?

And most importantly: How easy to use is it? Can I just pick it up and play? Is it really as easy as it looked like in that video? Because in the end the most important thing will be ease of use. After that it's all about the games.

foodfather said:
Design looks pretty good to me. It could be the best functioning handheld yet.

But being nintendo, I'm sure the games and hardware will not be for me.

Seems fair. This certainly won't be a powerhouse by any means when looking at home console competition. Strange to think this is going to usher us Nintendo fans into the 9th gen, being weaker than 8th gen. Still if the 3rd party support is anywhere near what their other handhelds have had, as well as their home consoles, it should be a pretty great gen software wise.

Louie said:
I like it so far. Hell, the hardware doesn't appear to be so complicated that people will stay away from it and that's all I wanted. There's still so many questions left unanswered, though:
- What games will it get? (Because we all know Nintendo, they didn't show the exciting stuff yet)
- How powerful is it in tablet mode?
- Are the controllers motion controllers? Because I really want a new Wii Sports!
- Will the dock overclock the tablet for better performance on TV?
- How much will it cost? I hope no more than €299
- What's the battery life like?

And most importantly: How easy to use is it? Can I just pick it up and play? Is it really as easy as it looked like in that video? Because in the end the most important thing will be ease of use. After that it's all about the games.

I expect very little from the dock.

bigtakilla said:

Strange to think this is going to usher us Nintendo fans into the 9th gen

Because shared generations are now an outdated concept.

Lawlight said:
1. The concept is neat but poorly executed. Instead of a portable gaming system, they made a tablet. I still don't where I could be using this. Maybe on the plane but I can just as well use my iPad which is a multipurpose device.

2. The games don't seem great either as it's more of the same unappealing Nintendo IPs but that's subjective, of course.

3. The controllers still look cheaply made and uncomfortable.

Overall, it just looks like the WiiU 2 to me.

Well, you can't play skyrim or Zelda botw on your Ipad. I also think we will 100% see a dedicated handheld version of this with a classic clamshell design in the soon future. It's important for them to push the hybrid concept at first but if we got a 2DS and a GBA Sp, we will surely get a standalone (slim/lite) hanheld with the dock and pro controllers sold separately.

In spite of the reveal I'm extremely excited by software, mainly because I except this to dominate Japan. I will also most certainly buy w pro controller.