By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch, what did you like, and what did you dislike?

Boberkun said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Man you are just depressing, like painfully depressive, always.

You really do not realise that Zelda U suffer from whole Switch concept? It would be a better game if it was a Wii U exclusive.

No I don't, because the game is not out, because I don't know what build are they using on the trailer or when was the trailer filmed, I guess the game has been finished long time ago and they are doing the optimization. Once the game is out, if it's laggy as hell then we'll complain, but just because you think you saw some dip on a few seconds of gameplay there is no need for drama.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
I like that Nintendo IPs might be cheap for another company to take advantage of it and use them like you should these days.

It looks like a concept built around a gimmick.
It looks underpowered.
It looks like it doesn't support BluRay.
It looks like it is totally denying the existence of VR.
It looks like it get lots of old ports of games that released years ago.
It looks cheap.

I like the need to innovate, but be reasonable.

I used to love Nintendo, but they are stuck in the 90s

I'm honestly trying to find that, holy shit this is amazing moment granted I give you all this was is a three minute teaser.

Goodnightmoon said:
Boberkun said:

You really do not realise that Zelda U suffer from whole Switch concept? It would be a better game if it was a Wii U exclusive.

No I don't, because the game is not out, because I don't know what build are they using on the trailer or when was the trailer filmed, I guess the game has been finished long time ago and they are doing the optimization. Once the game is out, if it's laggy as hell then we'll complain, but just because you think you saw some dip on a few seconds of gameplay there is no need of drama.

It does suck the Wii U gamepad stuff was removed though. Wouldn't have been all that hard to have it switch out with a button as well so both a pro controller and gamepad could work just fine. Like Wind Waker HD

bigtakilla said:
Goodnightmoon said:

No I don't, because the game is not out, because I don't know what build are they using on the trailer or when was the trailer filmed, I guess the game has been finished long time ago and they are doing the optimization. Once the game is out, if it's laggy as hell then we'll complain, but just because you think you saw some dip on a few seconds of gameplay there is no need of drama.

It does suck the Wii U gamepad stuff was removed though. Wouldn't have been all that hard to have it switch out with a button as well so both a pro controller and gamepad could work just fine. Like Wind Waker HD

I guess you are right, but people has been spending the whole gen hating on the gamepad (I actually like it, even if I can see where it fails) so looks like the right choice was to not make that kind of gimick again, and they did it.

I'm surprise with the amount of people telling this console is build around a gimmick, like... what? Being able to turn into hadnheld is a gimmick? Someone must look that word on the dictionary.

To me this is what the Wii U should have been. I'm excited.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Around the Network

It's a bittersweet day.

On one hand it looks like a terrific Nintendo gaming tablet, with some real juice behind it, a huge leap over the badly aging 3DS.

On the other hand, it's a bitter day because in a lot of ways I think this represents the end of the traditional Nintendo home console. Yes you can play this on your TV, but don't tell me that's not a freaking tablet that can output to the television. It's the end of an era, and it's the end of an era largely because Nintendo made so many stupid decisions the last 20 years or so, that they effectively locked themselves out of the console market they basically created and now have no option but to double down on portables. 

Personally, it's nice to know though that a lot of the things I've been talking about for over a year -- portable console, Tegra/mobile chips basically came true.

So happy day for me as a poster (I was right on a lot of things), portable gamer, but sad day as a Nintendo console player since the 1980s. That and basically relief that we don't have to speculate for another 5+ months about this thing either, now we know that Eurogamer's report was basically 100% correct. 

Soundwave said:

It's a bittersweet day.

On one hand it looks like a terrific Nintendo gaming tablet, with some real juice behind it, a huge leap over the badly aging 3DS.

On the other hand, it's a bitter day because in a lot of ways I think this represents the end of the traditional Nintendo home console. Yes you can play this on your TV, but don't tell me that's not a freaking tablet that can output to the television. It's the end of an era, and it's the end of an era largely because Nintendo made so many stupid decisions the last 20 years or so, that they effectively locked themselves out of the console market they basically created and now have no option but to double down on portables. 

Personally, it's nice to know though that a lot of the things I've been talking about for over a year -- portable console, Tegra/mobile chips basically came true.

So happy day for me as a poster (I was right on a lot of things), portable gamer, but sad day as a Nintendo console player since the 1980s. 

The saddest thing is that you are only extremelly dissapointed because is not a technologic powerhouse as a console. Think about it.

I like everything. I like how we get new stuff that we never had before. I am excited to take my Nintendo Switch with me when go to work and things like that, it is pretty cool.
I love the cartridges, I love the two-in-one thing.
I love the possibilites.
I love that Fromsoftware and Bethesda are on board, also the usual suspects.
I think this could be huge, like the new darling of the hardcore, the new summer love of the trendies and the new best friend of the youtube fake nerds.
Now, about casuals, I think the two little controlers probably can mimic what the wiimote was, so, yes, I see some casuals falling in love with this thing.
It is overall adorable, fascinating.
I see you showing this to friends and family and some going "gotta get one of these"
It is a cool console, a amazing handheld and fantastic gadget.
I love it!

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Alright I won't beat around the bush here, if this was any other manufacturer I would piss on this any way I could, so I won't give Nintendo any pass.

I don't like it.

Really the only thing I did like was the fact there's a new 3D Mario. And the cartridges maybe. It will have to be a really good 3D Mario to make me get this console. And seeing as how EAD Tokyo or whatever today only makes good games there's actually a chance I will. D*mnit.

SvennoJ said:
Not sure if I like it.

Pro:
- No more range limit on the gamepad.
Con:
- I'll never use it outside the house so why pay extra for that functionality.

Unknowns:
- Will it run my WiiU games? Or is Nintendo done with BC.
- Touchscreen?
- Internal storage?
- Battery life?
- I guess no more 1 on tv 1 on pad multiplayer?
- Splitscreen or will the focus be on buying multiple switches?

Reviews will have to convince me Zelda is much better on the NX. Least excited I've been for a Nintendo console to date. I dislike playing on handhelds, but didn't mind the extra info screen with touchscreen inventory management etc on the gamepad. This seems a step backwards for me.

Just wondering, do you have a wife, kids or anyone else in your home that also uses the same TV as your game cosole.  I have the WiiU and I must say because it has that second screen, it allows my kids to play on it while I destroy the world on my PS4 or X1.  I have also found it handy when the wife wants to watch one of her boring shows and I can pull out the WiiU and play until she is done.