By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV is "very good"

BasilZero said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Final Fantasy XV is "very good"

I bet it would've been great if Stella was still in it.

never forget.

This character doesnt exist in any Final Fantasy game so therefore its non-canon and irrelevant.

You're 10% correct, and 90% wrong in that statement.

Let me tell you why. Before Final Fantasy Versus XIII was reworked into Final Fantasy XV, the game original lore had her as a key character in the story. Thanks to Tabata's troublesome meddling, she was reworked as Lunafreya Nox Fleuret, who now serves a different role in the story than was planned for Stella. Which is lamesauce, cause they kept all the boyband names and looks, but they couldn't keep Stella?

tbh, Stella had me more pumped for FFvXIII than the knockoff Luna we have now in FFXV

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
think-man said:
setsunatenshi said:

It's just these damn delays... in this case apparently the game is finished, it went gold, so why the hell are we artificially waiting another month and a half.

Anyway, BF1 is out tomorrow, so there's something good at least to look forward to

BF1 will be a broken mess hahaha, Im currently playing DQ builders which is alot better than I thought it would.

Nah, I'll play it on PC so it's all good. Played through the Alpha and Beta and it was brilliant. There's always some Trails of Cold Steel to keep the RPG itch well scratched until next month :)

Of course critics love it. It's the most boring and mainstream FF ever, that's why western audiences gobble it up. It's FF6 all over again.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

setsunatenshi said:
think-man said:

And no mention of performance issues. 

It's just these damn delays... in this case apparently the game is finished, it went gold, so why the hell are we artificially waiting another month and a half.

Didn't they say they delayed it for a month to put on the disc the day 1 update that would occur to fix smaller bugs? The version people are playing now is probably that version with the bugs, while everyone else will get the one without an update needed.

... I think they said that.

BasilZero said:

Its always been great to me ;o....

The articles statement about making Final Fantasy relevant again was weird to me. When isn't FF relevant? It is the RPG to compare yourself to, other games can only dream of reaching the sales of the series, even with games like FF13 which wasn't all quite there as some fans mentioned, it still sold loads, an amount The Witcher, Persona or Dragon Age can only dream of and Witcher 3 and Dragon Age won numerous awards their release years for being some of the best games those years. If it wasn't relevant, would people like me have such an issue with the combat?

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
setsunatenshi said:

Didn't they say they delayed it for a month to put on the disc the day 1 update that would occur to fix smaller bugs? The version people are playing now is probably that version with the bugs, while everyone else will get the one without an update needed.

... I think they said that.

BasilZero said:

Its always been great to me ;o....

The articles statement about making Final Fantasy relevant again was weird to me. When isn't FF relevant? It is the RPG to compare yourself to, other games can only dream of reaching the sales of the series, even with games like FF13 which wasn't all quite there as some fans mentioned, it still sold loads, an amount The Witcher, Persona or Dragon Age can only dream of and Witcher 3 and Dragon Age won numerous awards their release years for being some of the best games those years. If it wasn't relevant, would people like me have such an issue with the combat?

Well, i'm 100% digital so it makes literally 0 difference to people like me.

Chances of inserting the disk and not having to download some sort of patch is probably close to 0%. I'd love to see their excuse when inevitably people will still have to download something anyway...

Around the Network
vivster said:
Of course critics love it. It's the most boring and mainstream FF ever, that's why western audiences gobble it up. It's FF6 all over again.

Well he shares two common things with me:

Thinks Final Fantasy 13 sucks and Final Fantasy got you into gaming.

deskpro2k3 said:
BasilZero said:

This character doesnt exist in any Final Fantasy game so therefore its non-canon and irrelevant.

You're 10% correct, and 90% wrong in that statement.

Let me tell you why. Before Final Fantasy Versus XIII was reworked into Final Fantasy XV, the game original lore had her as a key character in the story. Thanks to Tabata's troublesome meddling, she was reworked as Lunafreya Nox Fleuret, who now serves a different role in the story than was planned for Stella. Which is lamesauce, cause they kept all the boyband names and looks, but they couldn't keep Stella?

tbh, Stella had me more pumped for FFvXIII than the knockoff Luna we have now in FFXV

Wasn't the rework done well before Tabata took over?  Nomura was over it during the change.  However, I personally have no issue with a strong female character who ISN'T and action-based one.  I find it quite limitting that the only strong female characters we seem to get are action girl type ones.  There's nothing wrong with fighters mind, many great male and female characters are fighters and so on.  But there's so much more variety in strong male characters that don't fight but are strong in character in their role than there seems to be for major female characters.

Still, if you liked the prior character fine enough, your taste is your business.  But if Luna is executed really well, I would be extremely pleased to see that.  

And the all male cast?  Doesn't bother me.  Give me a cast of good characters, I don't care what gender ratio is there.  

think-man said:
vivster said:

Well he shares two common things with me:

Thinks Final Fantasy 13 sucks and Final Fantasy got you into gaming.

Well of course. People who think that FF13 sucks obviously only like boring things. Which is why they're also the most likely people to love FFXV.

More power to you I say. I wish I would love boring things so I could enjoy this game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

good to know i definetly gonna buy it.

ON PC

fuallmofus said:
good to know i definetly gonna buy it.

ON PC

In two years xD