By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Why I changed my mind about Batman vs. Superman

Wonder Woman or Black Widow, who is hotter?

Screw Marvel! Wonder Woman 18 40.00%

Forget DC! Black Widow Baby 12 26.67%

See results 6 13.33%

Other random super hero t... 7 15.56%

Your wrong. 2 4.44%

Total:45

Except Batman clearly said right after like "why did you mention that name?" meaning that he was indeed actually thinking about and asking about that name as if Superman might have known something about Batman's mom. Or else the first thing Batman could've said been like "You have a mother?" to prove your point. I think you're over thinking this. It was just because of the name Martha.

But if your point is what was meant to be then they definitely didn't show that right and their script writing sucks.

Around the Network
torok said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Testify. Snyder's versions of Batman and Superman are so out of touch with what these heroes represent. Superman tortured and brooding. Batman racking up a body count to put Death Wish to shame.

Yet even if we set that aside for a minute, the scene you reference Ryan doesn't make sense according to the movie's internal logic. Wayne convinced himself that even if there was a 1% chance of Superman going rogue, he had to be put down. He developed an elaborate plan to kill him. Then he changed his mind in an instant because his mother's name is the same as Kent's mother. What??

That said, I would argue Affleck was the highlight of the movie. Certainly wasn't Cavill, who's out of his element. Or Adams, who after two movies still has zero chemistry with Cavill. Don't even get me started on Eisenberg. His performance is one of the weirdest and most uncomfortable I've ever seen.

At least it was marginally better than Man of Steel.

Snyder's Batman = Punisher with infinite money

Snyder's Superman = Marvel's Sentry a bit less crazy

I do however have hope for Affleck's Batman film. If he tones down his killer instinct and start acting as a detective, his Batman is actually pretty good.

My big problem was how Luthor's plan doesn't make sense. The whole Capitol bombing was irrelevant, it had zero effect. Also, it's childish to see that NOBODY went after Luthor. Everyone that was supposed to be on that room died, except the invulnerable Krypton guy and Lex. Nobody really suspected? Lex was actually inside the building and left before the bombing. The guy that exploded was being financed by him. Really, Lex could have been in a meeting in Japan to have an alibi, but instead he WENT TO THE CAPITOL and blew his own alibi. Also, Batman discovered that his checks didn't went to the wheelchair guy and instead were with menaces written all over them and he, as the world's #1 detective, did not investigate it!

Now let's talk Supes. He's senses are so good that he:

a) Listened to Lois being kidnapped in Africa and saved her.

b) Listened to Lois being thrown out of a random building and saved her.

When Lex kidnaped his mother, why didn't he just saved her? Really? He's faster than the speed of light. He could save his mother, incapacitate all bad guys and show that kitched timer Lex had up his a** without Lex even realising what happened. But really, how did Lex knew Batman was ready to fight Superman in that EXACT moment? Also, Lex said: Batman's head or your mother dies. Superman went to the Bat, tried to talk with him for 20 seconds, lost his patience and said "screw it, you're gonna die"? If he was fighting the Bat, we can assume that he, indeed, planned to kill him. It's not like he couldn't "talk". There were rockets, machine guns and s** flying at him, but he's freaking INVULNERABLE. He took a nuke in his face 10 minutes later! He just got a bit banged up (the movie seems to follow the John Byrne level of power. Current comic books Supes tanks supernovas).

Now let's talk Doomsday. What was Lex thinking? That plan had the following possible outcomes:

- Doomsday kills Batman, Superman and WW. Now Lex lives in a world with a unstoppable monster that will kill everyone.

- The trinity kills Doomsday. Then they arrest Lex.

- The trinity kills Doomsday, but he manages to mortally wound one or more of them, preferentially Superman. The other go and arrest him.

He is a genious. The best plan he has is one where he either dies or goes to jail? That's his best idea?

Well the fight itself is bogus. Superman takes the monster to space. Problem solved. Until the army nukes both of them, actually THROWING Doomsday back to earth. Well, at least he falls in an empty island. Until Batman attracts him back to freaking Metropolis because he forgot his spear there! Couldn't he just fly there with his jet and get it? It's not like it isn't mobile.

Why did Superman used the spear himself? WW clearly was capable of hanging out with the monster. She could at least give it a try since kryptonite doesn't poison her. Or he could, you know, try the "throw into space" thing again since it worked first time. Mind that in the Death of Superman comic book, Superman tried it more than once, but the monster was too strong and fast so Super couldn't keep a hold. Comic book Doomsday was represented as being WAY stronger than the film version.

Affleck is great. Canvill, not so much, living in the shadown of Reeve. Just look at Reeve. The old movies are a bit corny, but look at Reeve. That guy was actually acting as the symbol of hope and kindness that Superman has to be. Eisenberg was an abberation. He almost made me exit the theater. I probably only stayed because I was with my family.

They should fire Snyder and Eisenberg. Really, Snyder screwed a 300M movie. Why does he gets to direct its sequels? One more screw up like this and DC cinematic universe may be dead. They should be more protective with their franchises, like Disney is.

It's like you dug into my brain and wrote my thoughts down. 

Snyder needs to go.

Batman vs Superman only looks better now as we had to endure Suicide Squad.

Batman seemed to have no qualms about killing humans, so I don't see why Superman having a mom would matter all that much.

Even if we assume that's right and it had nothing to do with them both being named Martha, it's still stupid as shit. It makes Batman look like a crazy fuck who didn't put the least bit of thought into this before deciding that he had to murder Superman. Considering how determined he was, there is no way his mind should have been able to change that quickly.

And, if Martha's name wasn't important, they could have just had him say something like "my mom" or "Lex has my mom" like a normal person would have. Considering how they went out of their way to make him say his mom's first name, obviously they thought it was pretty important.

The movie was horseshit , i think a actually became dumber after i painfully sat through the whole fuckin thing.

Around the Network

JWeinCom said:
Batman seemed to have no qualms about killing humans, so I don't see why Superman having a mom would matter all that much.

Even if we assume that's right and it had nothing to do with them both being named Martha, it's still stupid as shit. It makes Batman look like a crazy fuck who didn't put the least bit of thought into this before deciding that he had to murder Superman. Considering how determined he was, there is no way his mind should have been able to change that quickly.

And, if Martha's name wasn't important, they could have just had him say something like "my mom" or "Lex has my mom" like a normal person would have. Considering how they went out of their way to make him say his mom's first name, obviously they thought it was pretty important.

Totally this, everyone trying to overexplain this to justify the scene clearly aren't taking in account the rest of the movie and his retarded writing, also the posts by Torok summarize perfectly a lot of the stupidities of the movie, a lot of people try to defend it saying it is like the comics, but BvS is as removed from every theme or significance that comics could have as i gets, Znyder just took a lot of panels that looked cool and make them into his live action CGI mess, 

This movie is worse than a explosive egg diarrhea fart. The Star Wars prequels look like Citizen Kane next to this mess. The only redeeming value was the Batman fight with the thugs. Half the time this film is told how a 10 year old tells a story. AND THEN AND THEN AND THEN...ugh. People may focus on the Martha thing but it's also just everything is just as bad.

I also rewatched the movie in the super duper special edition and it was ok, decent, almost fun.

By the way, neither Wonder Woman or Black Widow, they are too intimidating, almost manly. 

I think Emma Stone Gwen Stacy is very attractive.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.