By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo says the NX is a 'Home gaming system'

160rmf said:
Volterra_90 said:

What if they're related? That would be a big plot twist xD.

I don't think the internet can handle this.

Hahaha. Well, Internet couldn't handle the info if it was a NX exclusive. Now THAT would have been fun.

Around the Network
Platina said:
hmm, that doesn't put the fusion rumor to rest though..

Will just have to find out tomorrow

It doesnt put any rumor rest. Remember, Nintendo said they wanted change the concept of Home and handheld consoles. What they are now calling a home console could be completely different to how we think about it currently.

Volterra_90 said:
160rmf said:

Hahaha. Well, Internet couldn't handle the info if it was a NX exclusive. Now THAT would have been fun.

God lord, the outrage would break the internet.It would be sooooo good!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

shikamaru317 said:
160rmf said:

Yep, nearly everybody on VGC will have to post a buttpic if RDR2 is announced for NX tomorrow. Too much butt, the internet can't handle all that butt.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221446&page=1#

OH MY...

We reap what we sow

Xxain said:
Platina said:

It doesnt put any rumor rest. Remember, Nintendo said they wanted change the concept of Home and handheld consoles. What they are now calling a home console could be completely different to how we think about it currently.

But in all honesty, them wanting to change the concept doesn't really mean anything..

I doubt power and specs will be announced at all during the preview, but more like a sneak peak :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Volterra_90 said:

Yes, it would be like the Bayo 2 ourtage x1000000. Still, I'm waiting for that Beyond Good and Evil rumour to be true. It would be fun too. On a lesser scale xD.

Platina said:
Xxain said:

But in all honesty, them wanting to change the concept doesn't really mean anything..

I doubt power and specs will be announced at all during the preview, but more like a sneak peak :/

Power/specs have nothing to do with changing how one views a home console, handheld, or anything for that matter.

Volterra_90 said:
Nautilus said:

Yes, it would be like the Bayo 2 ourtage x1000000. Still, I'm waiting for that Beyond Good and Evil rumour to be true. It would be fun too. On a lesser scale xD.

Oh man, I might need to take a month off the site if that happened. The meltdowns would corrode my computer.

Xxain said:
Platina said:

Power/specs have nothinb to do with changing how one views a home consol, handheld, or anything for that matter.

Indeed, I meant that as a sidenote, but oh well

I'm not sure where I stand about the fusion concept, but will have to see how it is first

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:

i agree, but it does put in rest the notion of  nx replacing also 3ds... If 3ds was about to be replaced why then NX is being called a home gaming system?

Because as I aforesaid NX could be  a powerful wii u, with the tablet contoller being an autonomus portable device with a game slot or nx just a robust home console that will connect with a 3ds successor! These are not really meaning fusion! However, if that tablet controller is what I say, why not also replacing 3ds... Being sold both separately and bundled with the home system?  Wouldn't it be superfluous to make a 3ds successor when the home consoles's controller is also a handheld console?

I don't know what to think! lol

Although, the may want to continue the separate game library, I mean Mario kart 9 on home console, and Mario kart 10 on handheld console, fearing that shared games wouldn't sell as much as two different games of same ip! However, it might replace 3ds but it would be promoted just as a home gaming device that has a portable console/tablet controller that allows you two play the game that you were play in your home, sitting on sofa, anywhere outside/inside home, meaning that Nintendo  technically abandons handheld console market though, at least in the traditional way!

Shared game library has surely  much benefits like software quantity and developing quality!