By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo says the NX is a 'Home gaming system'

Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yes, and they starting abandoning Wii U after terrible sales.

To be fair, I think Bethesda game is huge win for Switch over Wii U, even only is Remaster of old game.

Well, people better buy the third party games Switch has, otherwise it will go the way of Wii U very quickly. 

If EA makes FIFA for Switch, people damn well better buy it, because you're not going to get a second version if it doesn't sell well. 

I know Nintendo fans make a sour face if they don't get the absolute best third party version, but that's not going to happen either because Switch doesn't have the luxury of a 2 TFLOP desktop GPU. XBox fans don't get the best version of every third party game but they still buy plenty of them, Nintendo fans need to stop having such a stick up their asses about every port. 

So you guys better start buying some of these third party games, warts and all, because it sure as hell didn't happen on the Wii U. And for the record I did my part, I bought COD: BLOPS2, FIFA, Zombi U, Tekken Tag, Assassin's Creed IV for the Wii U ... but it was all for nothing. 

I mean after terrible sales of Wii U, not games, Wii U only few months after launch had catastrophic sales, and 3rd party realised that Wii U will be failed with low instal base.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

To be fair, I think Bethesda game is huge win for Switch over Wii U, even only is Remaster of old game.

Well, people better buy the third party games Switch has, otherwise it will go the way of Wii U very quickly. 

If EA makes FIFA for Switch, people damn well better buy it, because you're not going to get a second version if it doesn't sell well. 

I know Nintendo fans make a sour face if they don't get the absolute best third party version, but that's not going to happen either because Switch doesn't have the luxury of a 2 TFLOP desktop GPU. XBox fans don't get the best version of every third party game but they still buy plenty of them, Nintendo fans need to stop having such a stick up their asses about every port. 

So you guys better start buying some of these third party games, warts and all, because it sure as hell didn't happen on the Wii U. And for the record I did my part, I bought COD: BLOPS2, FIFA, Zombi U, Tekken Tag, Assassin's Creed IV for the Wii U ... but it was all for nothing. 

And unfortunatelly we know that in the end a lot of Nintendo customers will give a lot of silly reasons as to not buy the games because they aren't second class gamers and so they won't buy this version because there is one point the other version does better... and after one year the support dies off.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:

I mean after terrible sales of Wii U, not games, Wii U only few months after launch had catastrophic sales, and 3rd party realised that Wii U will be failed with low instal base.

the sales of 3rd party was bad already at the start of the gen and just got worse. And even attach ratio for those 3rd party games were a lot inferior to X1 versions that for a long time had a lower userbase

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Miyamotoo said:

the sales of 3rd party was bad already at the start of the gen and just got worse. And even attach ratio for those 3rd party games were a lot inferior to X1 versions that for a long time had a lower userbase

But point is that 3rd party always sell bad on Nintendo platforms compared to PS/Xbox, so that isn't nothing new, what make 3rd abandoning so fast are terrible Wii U sales.

DonFerrari said:
burninmylight said:

Nope, they both matter. I posted that link the first time because that was the latest report I was aware of at the time. Either way, a smart investor doesn't overreact to ebbs and flows and makes sound decisions based on what he or she knows of the market. Oh sorry, that's just my opinion.

Got any other strawman arguments for me?

Yes... sure that is the reason no one look at car reviews before buying or look which is the best version of multiplats, people buy things on random.

What the hell does buying a vehicle have to do with buying a gaming console? Furthermore, where in my last post did you see anything about people purchasing machines at random that cost hundreds of dollars?

Thank you for helping my comprehension skills and cooping with it.

We obviously still have a lot more work to do. That's not my opinion; that's a fact.

EDIT: Sorry, got distracted earlier and forgot to include something. I was originally going to ask if you've ever heard the term in Business 101, "Buy low, sell high"? That's the relevance between stock rising and falling.

Ok, whatever... keep talking to others like they are imbecile. You certainly won the argument.

But I'm only talking to you in the same manner you've spoken to me. Those with glass jaws shouldn't throw punches.

But since you got me here, I was thinking more about your wacky comparison of consoles to cars last night:

Yes... sure that is the reason no one look at car reviews before buying or look which is the best version of multiplats, people buy things on random.

I think I finally got what you were trying to get across. Think about it: how do the vast majority of people buy cars? Do they buy cars based on things like top speed and engine horsepower? No, most people buy cars based on price, fuel economy, and purpose (minivan for families, small economical car for a college student, etc.). They couldn't give two shits about how fast a $100,000 Ferrari can get. They need to know how much mileage they can squeeze out of a Prius between fill-ups compared to that used Toyota. The Ferrari crowd does exist, otherwise the Ferrari wouldn't exist, but unless you live in Beverly Hills, how many Ferraris do you see on the street on a normal day? That crowd is pretty niche.

Consoles are the same way. The majority of people buying them aren't doing so based on pure horsepower. Up until the PS4, which is the market leader for completely different reasons that I know you have read already because you seem wont to hang off my nutsack lately, the strongest console of a generation has never been the best seller.

Hey Don, thanks for helping me out with a great example! I don't care what anybody else says, you're a cool cat.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

I did too. Bought Zombi U pack which was a nice deal (well it was quite pricy) but hey I had the Pro Controller, bought all those third party games, AC3, COD, I enjoyed, but then...I was left with Smash Brothers to play till the Switch comes out... Even bought censored Project Zero and Tokyo Mirage Sessions, which are nice games but gosh what a desert.. I'm having more fun waiting for the next system by playing games on PC for now

Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

But point is that 3rd party always sell bad on Nintendo platforms compared to PS/Xbox, so that isn't nothing new, what make 3rd abandoning so fast are terrible Wii U sales.

Well, I believe I can agree with you on it. Anyway, I do want Nintendo to sell good this new interation and pull enough 3rd party support to have a health environment for Nintendo 1st party, because I'll keep on PS4Pro or PS5 anyway but there are certainly experiences that only Nintendo pulls consistenly with quality.

burninmylight said:
DonFerrari said:

Ok, whatever... keep talking to others like they are imbecile. You certainly won the argument.

But I'm only talking to you in the same manner you've spoken to me. Those with glass jaws shouldn't throw punches.

But since you got me here, I was thinking more about your wacky comparison of consoles to cars last night:

I think I finally got what you were trying to get across. Think about it: how do the vast majority of people buy cars? Do they buy cars based on things like top speed and engine horsepower? No, most people buy cars based on price, fuel economy, and purpose (minivan for families, small economical car for a college student, etc.). They couldn't give two shits about how fast a $100,000 Ferrari can get. They need to know how much mileage they can squeeze out of a Prius between fill-ups compared to that used Toyota. The Ferrari crowd does exist, otherwise the Ferrari wouldn't exist, but unless you live in Beverly Hills, how many Ferraris do you see on the street on a normal day? That crowd is pretty niche.

Consoles are the same way. The majority of people buying them aren't doing so based on pure horsepower. Up until the PS4, which is the market leader for completely different reasons that I know you have read already because you seem wont to hang off my nutsack lately, the strongest console of a generation has never been the best seller.

Hey Don, thanks for helping me out with a great example! I don't care what anybody else says, you're a cool cat.

Don't remember calling you an idiot or anything alike or saying to others that they shouldn't behave like you basically putting your name as synonymous with cursing. But perhaps you can show where I done it, because you have done it in basically all posts you answered me.

On the car comparison. You aren't wrong that buyers will survey the cars and compare them to their needs, so at least you rectified yourself on that, because you wanting or not people will do similar things to console on a smaller degree. They may not put power as the only important mark, but considering that in cars you were separing classes and that in consoles it's quite different since their price range, power and library is quite similar so every little thing counts. So yes, power will be one factor (the consumer may not know it's the most powerfull, but every outlet will say which multiplat version is better or which console is stronger), the othe will be library and considering X1 focus on FPS and PS4 being more well round and Nintendo for as most as fans says they get the best library in the world only a small amount agree when taking the sales.

DonFerrari said:

Don't remember calling you an idiot or anything alike or saying to others that they shouldn't behave like you basically putting your name as synonymous with cursing. But perhaps you can show where I done it, because you have done it in basically all posts you answered me.

On the car comparison. You aren't wrong that buyers will survey the cars and compare them to their needs, so at least you rectified yourself on that, because you wanting or not people will do similar things to console on a smaller degree. They may not put power as the only important mark, but considering that in cars you were separing classes and that in consoles it's quite different since their price range, power and library is quite similar so every little thing counts. So yes, power will be one factor (the consumer may not know it's the most powerfull, but every outlet will say which multiplat version is better or which console is stronger), the othe will be library and considering X1 focus on FPS and PS4 being more well round and Nintendo for as most as fans says they get the best library in the world only a small amount agree when taking the sales.

You've been riding my ass the past couple of days and white-knighting everyone else I've chatted with in an effort to make me sound like a fool, and now your feelings are hurt because I got a little sassy while rebuttalling every attempt you've made to make me look like a buster? Puh-lease.

On the car comparison. You aren't wrong that buyers will survey the cars and compare them to their needs, so at least you rectified yourself on that,

...................huh? When did I say otherwise? Is it in the same post where I called you an idiot? Please show me where I called you an idiot, and please show me the post that needs "rectifying" regarding automobiles. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something that got lost in translation. Maybe I made a completely asinine post last night that has been bleached from my memory; last night was a crazy night. Maybe you really are an idiot. I hope it's not the latter.

EDIT: Serious question - Is English a secondary language for you? Just wondering.