By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo says the NX is a 'Home gaming system'

potato_hamster said:
Miyamotoo said:

Ofcourse if there is bad marketing, high price, not appealing gimmick, not must have games, weak support...that average consumer will not want to buy it.

Actually PS3/Xbo360 were around $249 and people really didn't had any reason to buy Wii U instead of them because reasons I mention.

Like I wrote, message about Switch from trailer is very simple and clear, there is no any confusion out there, so totally different than Wii U. Ofcourse that Skyrim is coming to Switch, Bethesda confimred partnersihp and suport for Switch, and there is zero chanche that Nintendo would show 3rd party game runing on system if they are not 100% sure that game is coming on system. It's very obvious that Nintendo holding all amendments of games for later date. Why Switch will have better 3rd party than Wii U!? Because of better sales, main reason why 3rd party abandoned Wii U in 1st year is catastrophic sales of Wii U. Thats only one rumour about battery, other rumor saying mediocre batter while Nintendo said "that the whole thing was designed so that users could play as long as possible, “comfortably”, even in places where you don’t have access to a power outlet."

Actually tablet is around 6". Well tens of millions of people caring tablets and phablets. No, definatyl not aiming directly same consumers like PS4/XB1, like I wrote aiming NIntendo fans, mobile users, casuals, kids and families, secondary console for PS4/XB1 users.. Lol of course that will stand incompatible much better than Wii U, even now after just one trailer has much more positive reaction than Wii U, not to mention Wii U mistakes..

I acutally looked up the price of PS3s when the Wii U came out. They were $299.

If you think this console is totally different than WIi U, then we don't really have anything to discuss because that's ridiculous. Moving the processing of the console from the base to the controller does not make it totally different.

Bethesda refused to confirm that Skyrim was coming to Switch. That's a fact. It's currently not known whether Skyrim will ever be playable on Switch.

If Switch is going to have better third party support  than Wii U because of sales, why didn't Wii have better third party supprt? The wii sold better than the Switch ever will. Third parties abandoned the Wii U because of catastrophic sales of third party games on the Wii U. Nintendo has had no trouble churning out million + selling Wii U games on that small sales bases, but Third party games sold terribly in comparison. Why was that? Why will this time be different?

You are wrong, look prices of PS3/Xbox360 in 2012/2013. http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Price_cuts

Hybrid console that can be used like real home console and like real handheld, make huge difference compared to home console with tablet like controller. But what will be very important are things on which Wii U failed, like I wrote: bad reveal, terible and misunderstood marketing, higher price than compettion, not appealing gimmick, bad launch and 1st year lineup, weak support...for now we had great reveal and we know that Switch will have very strong lanch and 1st year lineup (most likly Zelda and new 3D Mario on launch).

Yes thats fact, but fact is also that Bethesda confirmed partnership and support for Switch, and we alredy saw Skyrim runing on Switch, also there is zero chance that Nintendo would show 3rd party game running on system if they are not 100% sure that game is coming on system. It's very obvious that Nintendo holding all announcements of games for later date.

Actualy Wii had much better 3rd party suport than Wii U, look at wiki to see how much Fifas, NFSs, NHLs, NBAs...Wii had compared to Wii U. 3rd party always selling bad on Nintendo platforms, but they start abandoning Wii U after terrible sales and after they realised that Wii U will be faile without future and small instal base. Also fact that is Switch is hybrid means that will have almost full support of Japanese 3rd party for instance (also they are rumours from Emily and some others that Switch getting very strong suport from Japanese 3rd party), for instance Monster Hunter, Yokai Watch, SQ games (DQ games already confirmed)...

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
DonFerrari said:

So when you post stocks going up it matters, but when it goes down it is just the nature of the market. Thank you for helping my comprehension skills and cooping with it.

You need to put that it's your opinion when you are acting like you are talking facts.

Yes... sure that is the reason no one look at car reviews before buying or look which is the best version of multiplats, people buy things on random.

Nope, they both matter. I posted that link the first time because that was the latest report I was aware of at the time. Either way, a smart investor doesn't overreact to ebbs and flows and makes sound decisions based on what he or she knows of the market. Oh sorry, that's just my opinion.

Got any other strawman arguments for me?

Yes... sure that is the reason no one look at car reviews before buying or look which is the best version of multiplats, people buy things on random.

What the hell does buying a vehicle have to do with buying a gaming console? Furthermore, where in my last post did you see anything about people purchasing machines at random that cost hundreds of dollars?

Thank you for helping my comprehension skills and cooping with it.

We obviously still have a lot more work to do. That's not my opinion; that's a fact.

EDIT: Sorry, got distracted earlier and forgot to include something. I was originally going to ask if you've ever heard the term in Business 101, "Buy low, sell high"? That's the relevance between stock rising and falling.

Ok, whatever... keep talking to others like they are imbecile. You certainly won the argument.

Miyamotoo said:
potato_hamster said:

If you think this console is totally different than WIi U, then we don't really have anything to discuss because that's ridiculous. Moving the processing of the console from the base to the controller does not make it totally different.

Bethesda refused to confirm that Skyrim was coming to Switch. That's a fact. It's currently not known whether Skyrim will ever be playable on Switch.

If Switch is going to have better third party support  than Wii U because of sales, why didn't Wii have better third party supprt? The wii sold better than the Switch ever will. Third parties abandoned the Wii U because of catastrophic sales of third party games on the Wii U. Nintendo has had no trouble churning out million + selling Wii U games on that small sales bases, but Third party games sold terribly in comparison. Why was that? Why will this time be different?

You are wrong, look prices of PS3/Xbox360 in 2012/2013. http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Price_cuts

Hybrid console that can be used like real home console and like real handheld, make huge difference compared to home console with tablet like controller. But what will be very important are things on which Wii U failed, like I wrote: bad reveal, terible and misunderstood marketing, higher price than compettion, not appealing gimmick, bad launch and 1st year lineup, weak support...for now we had great reveal and we know that Switch will have very strong lanch and 1st year lineup (most likly Zelda and new 3D Mario on launch).

Yes thats fact, but fact is also that Bethesda confirmed partnership and support for Switch, and we alredy saw Skyrim runing on Switch, also there is zero chance that Nintendo would show 3rd party game running on system if they are not 100% sure that game is coming on system. It's very obvious that Nintendo holding all announcements of games for later date.

Actualy Wii had much better 3rd party suport than Wii U, look at wiki to see how much Fifas, NFSs, NHLs, NBAs...Wii had compared to Wii U. 3rd party always selling bad on Nintendo platforms, but they start abandoning Wii U after terrible sales and after they realised that Wii U will be faile without future and small instal base. Also fact that is Switch is hybrid means that will have almost full support of Japanese 3rd party for instance (also they are rumours from Emily and some others that Switch getting very strong suport from Japanese 3rd party), for instance Monster Hunter, Yokai Watch, SQ games (DQ games already confirmed)...

Even when on both consoles 3rd party sold poorly it certainly is expected that they can at least make some more money on 100M userbase than on 10M

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
burninmylight said:

Nope, they both matter. I posted that link the first time because that was the latest report I was aware of at the time. Either way, a smart investor doesn't overreact to ebbs and flows and makes sound decisions based on what he or she knows of the market. Oh sorry, that's just my opinion.

Got any other strawman arguments for me?

What the hell does buying a vehicle have to do with buying a gaming console? Furthermore, where in my last post did you see anything about people purchasing machines at random that cost hundreds of dollars?

Thank you for helping my comprehension skills and cooping with it.

We obviously still have a lot more work to do. That's not my opinion; that's a fact.

EDIT: Sorry, got distracted earlier and forgot to include something. I was originally going to ask if you've ever heard the term in Business 101, "Buy low, sell high"? That's the relevance between stock rising and falling.

Ok, whatever... keep talking to others like they are imbecile. You certainly won the argument.

Miyamotoo said:

Even when on both consoles 3rd party sold poorly it certainly is expected that they can at least make some more money on 100M userbase than on 10M

Of Course, that's my point.

Miyamotoo said:
potato_hamster said:

Third parties have shown on developer reels for previous Nintendo consoles too and then proceeded to make nothing or just like one game for the system, lol, so I'm not sure it's a rock solid gauruntee those games will be on NS. I would guess so, but I wouldn't be entirely shocked if they're not. 

It could very well be the case of "we are Nintendo's partner ... if the system sells really well, but lets wait and see if that happens" ... which is basically the story Nintendo fans have heard 50 times before. 

Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

I certainly would preffer NS to sell closer to 100M than to 10M.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

Third parties have shown on developer reels for previous Nintendo consoles too and then proceeded to make nothing or just like one game for the system, lol, so I'm not sure it's a rock solid gauruntee those games will be on NS. I would guess so, but I wouldn't be entirely shocked if they're not. 

It could very well be the case of "we are Nintendo's partner ... if the system sells really well, but lets wait and see if that happens" ... which is basically the story Nintendo fans have heard 50 times before. 

All those partners confirmed partnership and support for Switch 5 months before launch. We cant really know at this point if they will abonde Switch just after one game or they will make multiply games. But we can definitely expect better 3rd support than Wii U.

DonFerrari said:
Miyamotoo said:

Just saying thats logical to expect that platform with bigger instal base will have better 3rd party support, in this case Switch vs Wii U.

Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:

All those partners confirmed partnership and support for Switch 5 months before launch. We cant really know at this point if they will abonde Switch just after one game or they will make multiply games. But we can definitely expect better 3rd support than Wii U.

DonFerrari said:

Just saying thats logical to expect that platform with bigger instal base will have better 3rd party support, in this case Switch vs Wii U.

Wii U actually had "ok" third party support at first. At least if you're talking Western support. 

Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, NBA 2K, Madden NFL, Batman, Deus Ex, Need For Speed, FIFA, Zombi U, Rayman was not *that* bad. Those are like several of the biggest IP in the industry. 

I don't know if NS will honestly match that immediately for Western support. All that happened was a lot of those games sold like crap and so developers pulled out. 

Like is NS going to have a Call of Duty game? I dunno, is Activision going to be willing to put the effort in? Because they're not likely to be able to just "dump port" the PS4/XB1 versions, Switch is not powerful enough for that, if you want to port, you are going to have to downscale/redo assets and that takes time/money. 

If you told me right now the NS would get similar third party Western support as the Wii U did at the beginning, I'd probably take that and run. 

Miyamotoo said:
potato_hamster said:

Hey, look at that. You're right. I was totally wrong about the price. Sorry about that.

Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

Wii U actually had "ok" third party support at first. At least if you're talking Western support. 

Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, NBA 2K, Madden NFL, Batman, Deus Ex, Need For Speed, FIFA, Zombi U, Rayman was not *that* bad. Those are like several of the biggest IP in the industry. 

I don't know if NS will honestly match that immediately for Western support. All that happened was a lot of those games sold like crap and so developers pulled out. 

Like is NS going to have a Call of Duty game? I dunno, is Activision going to be willing to put the effort in? Because they're not likely to be able to just "dump port" the PS4/XB1 versions, Switch is not powerful enough for that, if you want to port, you are going to have to downscale/redo assets and that takes time/money. 

If you told me right now the NS would get similar third party Western support as the Wii U did at the beginning, I'd probably take that and run. 

Yes, and they starting abandoning Wii U after terrible sales.

To be fair, I think Bethesda game is huge win for Switch over Wii U, even only is Remaster of old game.

Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:

Yes, and they starting abandoning Wii U after terrible sales.

To be fair, I think Bethesda game is huge win for Switch over Wii U, even only is Remaster of old game.

Well, people better buy the third party games Switch has, otherwise it will go the way of Wii U very quickly. 

If EA makes FIFA for Switch, people damn well better buy it, because you're not going to get a second version if it doesn't sell well. 

I know Nintendo fans make a sour face if they don't get the absolute best third party version, but that's not going to happen either because Switch doesn't have the luxury of a 2 TFLOP desktop GPU. XBox fans don't get the best version of every third party game but they still buy plenty of them, Nintendo fans need to stop having such a stick up their asses about every port. 

So you guys better start buying some of these third party games, warts and all, because it sure as hell didn't happen on the Wii U. And for the record I did my part, I bought COD: BLOPS2, FIFA, Zombi U, Tekken Tag, Assassin's Creed IV for the Wii U ... but it was all for nothing.