By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Preview Trailer

BlkPaladin said:
Cloudman said:

Well, I don't imagine it being too expensive. I could be wrong though, and another issue came up with me, hardware space. This thing looks small and games are getting huge. I wonder if this will even have space to download games digitally.

Yeah not that much of an issue. I'm guessing the price rumor with two SKU's is correct the 300/400US which for the form factor, power is pretty decent.

Hopefully it doesn't hit that 400 price point...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Also, I hope you like MOBAs.

jProphet said:
Also, I hope you like MOBAs.

Ehh? On NS then?

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

BraLoD said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Even in home consoles (sort of) if you have a PSTV it's a real throw back experience to play a console where you pop a cart into it and there is no disc whirling or fans spinning to cool it, just Cart in and play away with just the game sounds in the room. Love that system just for that reason alone.

If they were big ass carts, old fans would be all over it, but it's just the same as since the DS.
At least for me, disc bases console noises where really never noticable, I remember people saying how high would the PS3 SS sound be and it was ruining it, but ever since the PS1, past the initial spinning sound to boot it, I don't remember a single time I heard the console making noises while playing any game, it's always just the game sound in the room. I don't play close to the consoles, though, but it was just really not even a thing to me.

Considering the PS1 mostly used CD audio for the soundtrack to it's games... and had a massive 1 or 2 MB of memory for the full system any time it needed to dart between getting game data and soundtrack audio you could hear the laser head darting back and forth to keep audio running and read game info... Psone was less noisy but man, the old Grey Station, no that shit was noisy coming up from the SNES and alongside the N64

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Also confirmed: March 2017

I just needed to share this:

LOL XD

Ugh, to big to fit in my pocket, my one issue if they did indeed go the hybrid route, but otherwise, I love it! Pretty much exactly what I was hoping for! Despite the popular opinion, Wii U level power is a good thing as it means easier and faster game development and porting of once Wii U titles like the next Animal Crossing. Course somehow they still have many third partys on board, but we'll have to see if that last.

honestly this announcement did not disappoint at all: this looks fucking insanely good

the design is sleek as hell and I was originally so worried about the controller situation but looks good unless you're desperate and try to play with your friend on the go (2 player portable mini controller is a strange concept to me).

Wow honestly hyped, I love Nintendo's portables lately and this will give a home AND portable experience. great.  also: the new 3D Mario looks absolutely insane graphically in a good way