By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One: The best-selling console in America (Last 3 NPDs)

Darwinianevolution said:
Doesn't the PS4 still have a couple millions of advantage to the XBOne? Is that tagline false advertisement?

It is just over 2mil in NA

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

PS4-15.71mil vs XBO 13.69
As of what the chartz have, so even if they have those sales from having a 47k lead for the one month in september the XBO has a long way to go. And again the this is just NA.  3 months in a Row and they still haven made a dent.

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
Sony should run PS4 campaigns of "Best selling console in every country of the world"
More accurate than this ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Don't they do that, like saying best selling console a number of times. 

SweetTalia said:
LivingMetal said:

Yo, is your first name "Donald?"

Can you ask an easier question?

Errr... Nevermind.  Looking at your username, I thought I knew someone with the last name "Talia."  But I miss read it.

thismeintiel said:
Hahaha! Seriously MS? Like House said, the humble MS is just a ruse. Some old company. Brag about anything, even if they have to twist the facts. And how many are really going to read the description to find out its only for 3 months?

That's ok, have your fun while you can. Possibly Oct, but definitely in Nov, when Sony wins NPD, they can help remind people who really is the best selling console in America. By 1.6M+ and will continue to grow that lead.

I must have missed that. Have you got a link?

The PS5 Exists. 

Didn't the 3DS actually outsell it in July?

IMO There's not much bragging to be had for this when you're barely outpacing a 5 year old handheld and you're using fire-sale prices on OG models.

The Slim has made a dramatic impact - but the entire market seems pretty weak these days when you put the X1's wins into context.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

Very nice video!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

thismeintiel said:
Hahaha! Seriously MS? Like House said, the humble MS is just a ruse. Some old company. Brag about anything, even if they have to twist the facts. And how many are really going to read the description to find out its only for 3 months?

That's ok, have your fun while you can. Possibly Oct, but definitely in Nov, when Sony wins NPD, they can help remind people who really is the best selling console in America. By 1.6M+ and will continue to grow that lead.

And they even forgot that only holidays matter, remember that?

I'm pretty sure all the humble talk is BS.

axumblade said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Yes, of course, because Joe Blogs always follows NPD ...

It's false advertising as usual.

Except that it did beat the ps4 the last 3 months on npd...Spin is spin. All companies do it. It's like Sony claiming that the PS4 is the greatest selling console. You can interpret that however you would like but at the end of the day it's not. It's just the best selling home console this generation. 

Unless everyone wait for the end of generation no one will pass PS2 LTD, and if he is looking at the pace of PS2 (that was the best selling console) and PS4 is selling faster than it (we know that there are spin on it) then he isn't wrong. And there would be no point to say you are the best selling (on talking about current market) comparing to 15 years ago.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hopefully this mean they will release the numbers not the numbers of hours or other BS though

Wow, I thought the OP had added the tagline, but it really was MS. Sony should release a commercial saying either the real best-selling console in America or best-selling console in America*

*26 out of 34 NPDs

EDIT: I also agree it's a good commercial, and also one that had absolutely nothing to do with the tagline added to it. I saw a shorter version of it on TV a while before this recent NPD released. It's just the commercial for the Xbox One S.