By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX Reveal Imminent?

What's it going to be?

AMD-based, 2-4 TFLOP Cons... 72 37.31%

nVidia-based, 500 GFLOP Tablet with Dongle 36 18.65%

Wii Woo 31 16.06%

3DSwap 7 3.63%

Nintendo Dreamcast 47 24.35%

Total:193
TheLastStarFighter said:
Vooks Austrailia giving away an Amiibo a day until the NX reveal:

Oh boy, they are going to lose alot of money!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:

It'll be funny if the reveal happens in January.

bunchanumbers said:
I look forward to the 4TF NX home console announcement. Then Eurogamer will be wrong for the second generation in a row and we can stop looking to them and Emily Rogers for information they don't have.

Anything less than 8 TFLOPS isn't good enough. No pressure Nintendo. 

shikamaru317 said:

Hopefully AMD based with good specs and a separate handheld. That Eurogamer Nvidia thing is doomed to flop, only the hardcore Nintendo fans would buy such a device and it would have troublegetting western 3rd party support due to low specs compared to PS4/PS4 Pro/XB1/Scorpio.

Of course it's not gonna flop. I said "isn't" not "wouldn't", because the eurogamer Nvidia leak is spot on.  

shikamaru317 said:
danielrdp said:

Of course it's not gonna flop. I said "isn't" not "wouldn't", because the eurogamer Nvidia leak is spot on.  

Who do you think will buy a (most likely) overpriced tablet with specs that are too low to get western 3rd party support, other than hardcore Nintendo fans and fans of Japanese games? We'd basically be looking at a Nintendo version of the Vita, except with better 1st party support than Vita ever got. Lots of Japanese games (because Japanese devs love portables), but next to nothing from any western devs, because western devs won't bother with a system unless the specs are high enough to not hold back other platforms.

Well, anyone who bought a 3DS can pontentially buy the NX. Provide the price is right, Nintendo can sell a shitload of the thing.

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:

They wouldn't risk losing millions of dollars like this, they know announcement is imminent

There needs to be an NX retrospective...before it's even released!

TheLastStarFighter said:

Imagine if it turns out that the NX is unveiled in february. An Amiibo a day indeed...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Props to Nintendo for all those days without a leak.

Soundwave said:
bunchanumbers said:
I look forward to the 4TF NX home console announcement. Then Eurogamer will be wrong for the second generation in a row and we can stop looking to them and Emily Rogers for information they don't have.

Anything less than 8 TFLOPS isn't good enough. No pressure Nintendo. 

Nah. 4 TFLOPS is plenty. It goes toe to toe with the PS4P and gets them the 3rd party games they wouldn't get otherwise. And when Sony rolls out the PS5 they can introduce the SCD and just like that NX is a console that lasts a decade.

So much better than a underpowered 720p tablet like EG is claiming.