By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX Reveal Imminent?

What's it going to be?

AMD-based, 2-4 TFLOP Cons... 72 37.31%

nVidia-based, 500 GFLOP Tablet with Dongle 36 18.65%

Wii Woo 31 16.06%

3DSwap 7 3.63%

Nintendo Dreamcast 47 24.35%

Total:193

I would personally love a 4TFlop machine, but I'm expecting 2.5, with the SCD potentially pushing it to 4. I'd be fine with that too.

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:

Is your body ready?!?

Doesn't that only refer to motion games, particularly Wii Fit?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Captain_Yuri said:
Havn't people been saying that for months now?

Yes,

And it's still most probably after Christmas.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

shikamaru317 said:
danielrdp said:

Of course it's not gonna flop. I said "isn't" not "wouldn't", because the eurogamer Nvidia leak is spot on.  

Who do you think will buy a (most likely) overpriced tablet with specs that are too low to get western 3rd party support, other than hardcore Nintendo fans and fans of Japanese games? We'd basically be looking at a Nintendo version of the Vita, except with better 1st party support than Vita ever got. Lots of Japanese games (because Japanese devs love portables), but next to nothing from any western devs, because western devs won't bother with a system unless the specs are high enough to not hold back other platforms.

Who do you think is going to buy a $400 Nintendo console for the sole purpose of playing western multiplats?

The audience for those games is already on PS4/XBO, why would they switch to Nintendo to play games they already have access to?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Who do you think will buy a (most likely) overpriced tablet with specs that are too low to get western 3rd party support, other than hardcore Nintendo fans and fans of Japanese games? We'd basically be looking at a Nintendo version of the Vita, except with better 1st party support than Vita ever got. Lots of Japanese games (because Japanese devs love portables), but next to nothing from any western devs, because western devs won't bother with a system unless the specs are high enough to not hold back other platforms.

Who do you think is going to buy a $400 Nintendo console for the sole purpose of playing western multiplats?

The audience for those games is already on PS4/XBO, why would they switch to Nintendo to play games they already have access to?

Because they will not only have access to those multiplats, they will have access to Nintendo games. Unless you like the first party games from MS and Sony, then NX becomes the home console of choice.

Around the Network

Many sites online are saying this coming Friday the 21st.  We will wait and see I suppose.

"Yes sir, I need a weapon."

Jay W

TheLastStarFighter said:
I would personally love a 4TFlop machine, but I'm expecting 2.5, with the SCD potentially pushing it to 4. I'd be fine with that too.

Yeah the range of 2.5Tf seems more realistic if they're using competitive specs, it would allow for economic pricing and all.

Let it be true, please... ;_;

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I dont care which rumors is true or not , i just wanna see that damn NX. On Marketing it self if Nintendo keep it secret until next year then their marketing department will just failed like Wii U. It's already 5 to 4 month behind the released date. If they had gave us a little clue, people would have pre ordered and hype that product already.

bunchanumbers said:
zorg1000 said:

Because they will not only have access to those multiplats, they will have access to Nintendo games. Unless you like the first party games from MS and Sony, then NX becomes the home console of choice.

So you're saying the 80+ million people who bought a PS4/XBO by the end of this year are going to buy an NX to play the same games they already can play because it also has Nintendo games? That really doesnt make sense.

And yes MS/Sony published games very likely appeal to that crowd more than Nintendo published games. The person who is a big fan of games like Madden, FIFA, GTA, COD, Fallout, Destiny, Watch Dogs, etc. probably has a higher interest in games like Halo, Forza, Gears or Uncharted, Horizon, Gran Turismo than most Nintendo games.

I think you really overestimate the crossover appeal of the majority of Nintendo games with the majority of mainstream western games. Ya a few like Zelda or Smash Bros probably have a bit of crossover appeal but the shooter, sports, action crowd probably doesnt care much about the likes of DK, Yoshi, Kirby, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Mario Party, etc.

You also seem to forget that Wii U had decent 3rd party support initially, COD, Assassins Creed, Batman, Madden, FIFA, NBA 2K, Mass Effect, Injustice dod absolutely nothing for Wii U sales. NX will have a similar fate if its a $300-400 console with a strong emphasis on getting multiplats.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.