By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 73 Game Thread - Is that you, Archer?

Super long day, too tired to pick at some things plus the points I still need to make from yesterday.

I did see the softclaim. I rarely will point such a thing out since as town I hope it goes unnoticed by scum if the person is town or I will use it against the person if they try to later claim something else as scum. As mafia it's better not to point it out either and hope town doesn't notice so the threat can be eliminated at night with a lesser risk of other powers coming into play.

@spurge:
We don't KNOW town has any power roles yet. That can only be confirmed by a flip. And you are mostly right that nobody else should speak up about any roles or even role meta. There is an exception to that, but it'd be better to explain Day 2 then now.

@Trucks:
Given your recent thoughts, who would you like to lynch, if anyone?

Around the Network

Hey everyone, just poking in to tell you that you should wrap things up for day one. I won't end the day before the weekend has gone by.

spurgeonryan said:
XanderXT said:

We don't even know each other!

Tagging.

@Prof

Yes, Zero gives us a wall of words no matter which alignment that he is and the same with his posting style.

Personally do not think either of you are scum right now. You are good enough to pull off this much attention, he is not. No offense Zero, I am not either, just stating my opinion.

Linkz has post some, but has it had any substance?  He made a few posts, and he piped in with the whole math of the game fiasco we had like 8 hours ago. Even Trucks came out of hiding to pipe in , because that was a safe way to not be involved and still seem active.

The other guys are just lurking more or less which always throws everything off.

I know that when you ( prof), linkz, trucks are on your game you can talk forever and still be scum and get away with it, Hatmoza as well. I do not forget thousands of posts and then still turning out being scum. I just do not feel that way this time.

I may be being unfair to linkz posts, he has been active, just seems like "safe" active.

I am probably way off, but that is just how I am on the situation and my posting style.

Also we know there are town power roles now, lets everyone keep your f***** mouths closed and not spill the beans on what we all have now. At least scum will have to still decide who to kill or try to kill still.

Why'd you quote me?

This is as entertaining to watch as ever.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

spurgeonryan said:
radishhead said:
This is as entertaining to watch as ever.

Oh yes, when we sere searching old players we forgot the most famous. Also former moderator and Pony connoisseur. 

Nice to see your Radish, how has life been treating you out in the cold cold world away from Vgchartz?

Not bad thanks, graduated university this summer, applying for various jobs now :) I saw the Nintendo Switch reveal and remembered you guys - I was curious what the VGChartz reaction to all the news would be!

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

Obviously Nintendo is doomed. Though I predicted this was their console 2 years ago. You should come back and play sometime

Spurge did you notice zeros hinting?

zero129 said:
theprof00 said:

1 when he said, "i share prof's promise that you will not be lynched this game". It's not because you're good. It's because you said, "whatever happens I will know more tonight, that is, if I survive".

2 Why would you ever hint at being a power role? Why would you think a mafia would come after you in the middle of the thread, instead of just quietly killing you at night?

3 So you're saying you know I'm mafia because you KNOWINGLY hinted that you were a power role and you don't believe a town would have any reason to question the great zero

4 Yeah, I came after you because I think you're full of shit

5 Why did you bring up roleblocker?

Ya know your other replys where pretty quick guess that one took awhile to think of.

1. Yes but you see i still never claimed cop nor did link say he thought i was one or that he thought i had any role other then i wont be lynched today.

But maybe Like you said with your point 2 you and link believing you would have a hard time lynching me after them hints decided fuck it we will kill him tonight?.

You guys planned not to have me lynched today but instead go for another town mis lynch until my posts made you question if my role was cop

2. No since i know mafia would question why would a person hint at being a cop only to then be bringing so much attention to himself unless maybe it isnt a cop role but instead a role that needs the mafia to target him.

3. I believe your scum since you thought you had enough on me to ether get me to claim cop or get me lynched one or the other however it backfired when you made that slip about linkz.

4. No you came after me since you believed i was the cop.

5. I didnt i said "But out of all" the cop Role blocker roles why God Father?

Last one to zero today, I promise. But I want this all re-explained to me because none of it makes sense frankly.
1. You see, you did hint at being a cop. Here is the evidence:
a) You said, "I will know more tonight, that is, if I survive"- that implies you have an investigative role
b) You strongly held out for a non-existant 3 or 4 day scenario that didn't exist, implying that night time was more important than lynching someone. This would make sense for an investigative role who believed 2 nights of copping are better than 2 random lynches.
c) In a post where I asked if you were the godfather, you responded, "And if you really where town you would not want your possible cop confirming himself unless your really mafia wanting to confirm it for yourself." Which is odd because I never asked if you were the cop. I said, are the you the godfather and is that why you know a cop exists.

Secondly to this, linkz has now confirmed that he saw it as well. Like I said, I believe others have seen it too. Additionally, you have since said in your #2 above "i know mafia would question why would a person hint at being a cop only to then be bringing so much attention to himself unless maybe it isnt a cop role but instead a role that needs the mafia to target him." This doesn't add up with you saying you never claimed cop. You strongly hinted, which is just as well of a claim.

2) "No since i know mafia would question why would a person hint at being a cop only to then be bringing so much attention to himself "
I'm confused by this. Are you saying that you knowingly hinted at being a cop, and purposely brought attention to yourself to get mafia to target you? Again, I'll ask, what makes you think mafia would try to lynch you instead of just killing you at night? You seem to just be taking my stance and your assertion that I'm mafia, and then saying that mafia would do what I'm doing. Though linkz, who is a better player than I, just agreed that mafia likely wouldn't bring it up and just kill you, hoping that nobody noticed your post. 

3) You believe I'm  scum because I have enough on you to get you lynched? I don't even understand what you're saying. How am I supposed to believe you're even a cop. Did you ever get the idea that maybe I don't believe a word you say? We have no confirmation on any power roles, and in my opinion, a cop should always play it cool day 1 so that nobody targets them at all. You are not acting that way, which is weird because you usually do play day 1 very cool. two games ago when you were town cop, you didn't point fingers at a single person. Not even on day 2. So yeah, this comes off weird. Maybe, instead of me being mafia trying to get a cop lynched, I'm town trying to get a lying sack of shit lynched. Oh, and again, no slip. He just confirmed it. 

4) No, again, you are not playing like a cop, and if I was mafia I would surely be playing it cool and just kill you at night. Why would you think that me, a mafia, would come after a player in the middle of the day and expose himself, and possibly get himself lynched because I went after a cop. I really don't understand your thinking, and to me it's coming across as flailing.

5) I already explained this that I think you're a godfather who is trying to get targeted by being suspicious. It is a tactic that morenoingrato did in game 51, and spurge did in another game. I even have a dead thread I think

Game 40: Mario (godfather) I am "Big Boss" (Mafia godfather). I really hope I get scanned tonight, but Prof and Danne seem to be the only ones suspicious of me. I was debating whether to play a bit more scummy or not, but I didn't want to risk getting lynched on the first day. (Luckily Moreno got out of that mess he was in.) 
https://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/LKRBen334FrvR

And here is the dead thread from zero's first game where he was a godfather:
"
if i killed yoshi tonight with it make me suspect after the post i just made? xD .
Cos i was thinking i could then put the blame on the first person to accuse me.
I would be like, 'its funny how right away you come out and blame me?' ' what would i have to gain after killing him? and why would i do so knowing id be the first one to blame since i said what i said?' 'But Since you where the first one to accuse me, i think maybe you done it. Cos you seen what i said and you knew by killing him and blaming me it would make you look totally innocent but im on to you and i hope others are too' maybe something like that, you guys think it would work?"

https://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/5vpS44GVMKBR

Game 52?
Happy D: "
No, I wanted to get scanned.... But I forgot about the rolecop, I was pretty sure that was a mafia ability.
FML
But no, it's not prof's fault, he trolled us and we should have seen it coming and played against him. But I played in his defense to get scanned and I messed up because I forgot about the rolecop. I was over-confident."
https://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/9VwwpcfPJsmw

Game 54?
Spurge: "
Waka flaka! Sorry. I know you guys wanton d noctis. But I thought it would be bad if it was ist three of us on him. So I went to linkz who I wanted taken out day one anyways and he already had a vote on me. I just hope I rubbed enough people the wrong way to be scanned instead of theprof. If it is linkz he will scan me.
https://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/kNy6YYxpXrJ

Now, if zero is a power role, and he should from here on out be held to that softclaiming, then I'm going to move on.

Trucks: Seems to be playing normally. It's actually frequently that he uses a turn of expression out of it's actual meaning. I noticed one in one of the dead threads during my current read through of past games. He doesn't seem to be pointing many fingers. I don't like how he responded to a line of questioning by saying the two other people involved gave him a town feeling. I also don't like how he's "impressed with spurge", that seems a bit like flattery, and he doesn't seem to involve himself in anything. He also praised linkz, and has said relatively low impact facts.
I think there's a chance he's scum.

Spurge has been pretty calm and acting as the voice of reason. I'm not sure what to think just yet because it's all very whitewashed. Is spurge good enough to fly under the radar? Yeah I think so. Is spurge doing any real detective work? I'm not so sure. He's also said a fair number of times that his "assumptions may be flawed", which comes off as wishy washy, like a mafia might scumhunt saying "I suspect this, but not enough for anyone to come after me".
possible scum

Mr.P I also think might be scum. I especially don't like this line, "I'm not pointing my finger at you, just wondering why Iwasn't worth a mention when I said the same thing before you. Is trucks trying to put the blame on you ( and hence in turn not make you a suspect? )" It looks to me as if he's trying to pit two players against each other. I think if I had to vote someone today, it would be him.

linkz: so hard to tell with linkz, some things irk me, and other things seem good. Linkz always plays his cards close to his chest, and he has been making sense, although like I said, there are some things that bother me.

zero: Most likely town, a complete retard, but most likely town. I just have to do my due diligence, because I don't let shit like this fly no matter what team a person is on. Nen-suer knew this, so did happyd, so does spurge. I can't even count the number of games I've played where I've had to tell some moron, "if you're mafia, so help me god, you will never live past day 1 again" after I've let them go. And there have been other games where I've lynched a townie because I wouldn't let it go. I am just going to go with the understanding that zero thinks he is completely right all the time, is a narcissist, cannot see things from a different angle, and thinks he's better than me. I will choose this instead of my previous assumption that he is a mafia playing fast and loose. Because the latter would imply that he is smart enough to actually be trying to manipulate the town.

xander: Given his reaction to having two immediate votes, he really didn't seem too bothered at all. But he has since been inactive and only shows up when addressed.

It's a tough read for everyone because everyone is too clean, right now.
If I had to lynch anyone, it would be xander or mrP, because everyone else is participating. LIkely going to vote mrP.

unvote:
vote Mr. Playstation

Also I'm not going to clear spurge for being "the voice of reason". That is probably the dumbest thing I've ever read. Mafia always try and play it clean if they can.