By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 73 Game Thread - Is that you, Archer?

zero, have you never been mafia before?

Around the Network

Linkzmax said:

If we decide not to lynch today, what will we most likely enter Day 2 with? And what do you think will be the result of a mislynch Day 2 in that scenario?

Also, I don't care what you have to say about prof. I want this answered with more than half a second's worth of thought. Use your hands and count your fingers if you need to.

spurgeonryan said:
Xander was actually good. He was cautious and it was sometimes challenging to get a point across to him, but that is how this game is. What can you trust? Just surprised he has been kind of silent. I mean so have I, but at least I came in and gave some reasons.

It is always the worst when you have people who are super quiet, because like in past games you never know if they are scum. Then they come and go and give you long excuses, then you find out they are scum and have been wiping you out.

So I would like more of Mr. Playstation, who has been consistent but still quiet, Trucks who we know can handle some discussion, and Xander who actually talked a lot last game.

I've been silent because I'm on mobile. I promise to post more once my dad fixes my computer. It's hard to make long paragraphs when on mobile.

My impressions of this thread is that you guys are focusing a bit too much on Zero's playstyle. I mean, I don't see any big shift in his playstyle from last time, but then again, I've barely played with him.

zero129 said:

Now lets say we dont lynch anyone today.

day ends no kill, mafia kills someone tonight, Cop gets scan we Enter tomorrow with one less player (Instead of two) leaving 6 members 4 town and still just 2 mafia but hopefully our cop would of got a lead so we could have some good info plus the game is still in towns favor.

I dont know maybe im looking at it wrong but i dont see how a lynch today is any good and not only that but i have a feeling whoever we lynch is going to end up town.

A cop, if one exists, can get a scan tonight if we lynch today as well. That's not a reason to not lynch.

But my question was what happens if there's a mislynch with 4 town, 2 Mafia?

zero129 said:
Linkzmax said:

A cop, if one exists, can get a scan tonight if we lynch today as well. That's not a reason to not lynch.

But my question was what happens if there's a mislynch with 4 town, 2 Mafia?

The game will end day 4 instead of day 3?.

Break those fingers out again please. What's the population count look like?

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Linkzmax said:

Also, I don't care what you have to say about prof. I want this answered with more than half a second's worth of thought. Use your hands and count your fingers if you need to.

7 players 5 town 2 mafia. We mislynch today and kill town mafia kill town tonight. Thats 2 town dead Day 1.

5 Players left. 3 Town 2 Mafia (Odds lookling very even now right?) We mis lynch again mafia kill that night game is over before day 3 starts.

Now lets say we dont lynch anyone today.

day ends no kill, mafia kills someone tonight, Cop gets scan we Enter tomorrow with one less player (Instead of two) leaving 6 members 4 town and still just 2 mafia but hopefully our cop would of got a lead so we could have some good info plus the game is still in towns favor.

I dont know maybe im looking at it wrong but i dont see how a lynch today is any good and not only that but i have a feeling whoever we lynch is going to end up town.

Let me have a try at this:

Getting someone lynched toDay means we'll have people pushing for that lynch, people going against it, people hoping on the bandwagon, people make counter arguments for someone else to get lynched, etc... Lynching someone is a long process but the content that process generates is invaluable even if there's a real possibility we get it wrong. 

Going for a No Lynch means we sit back, talk about the weather and wait for scum to make the first move at Night with little content of value to show for it.

So come Day Two, don't you think we'd be better off with a wealth of posts to analyze, and people to question about their Day One actions then to solely rely one a possible cop scan?

Signature goes here!

For the last time, what happens if we mislynch if there's 4 town and 2 Mafia?

Finally. Now maybe you can understand how it can become infuriating trying to get a point across to you when it took some 7-odd attempts to demonstrate basic math. But you are capable, so I will indeed go back and address some points from yesterday. Just not until after work, I can't stand trying to play from my phone like this.

spurgeonryan said:
@ Xander

We are all on mobile. :)

@ Zero

I would not say that he is playing scummy because he is fake giving up. I will say that he may or may not have done something like this before. Probably multiple times actually. He usually comes back in and says he had no intention of giving up, he just wanted to prove a point or something along that line.
I will also say that days can go off the rails when people focus on theprof or you. I am willing to bet that half of our posts are just you to arguing about one another.So if you are not scum, you are allowing the actual scum to just sit back and watch.
Why don't you take one day and just not focus on prof. Not saying an in game day, but an IRL day. Tomorrow go back to badgering him if you want and him you, but the whole thread focus has been you two at each other.

Anyone remember Joelcool7 and his Wall of words threads he would make? Well that is you two.

Again I am not saying forget prof or anything like that, just for a day spend your 5,000 word limit on the rest of us.

I am not fake-giving up nor actually giving up but I am so tilted right now, and this is something probably only stefl will understand, but it's like when you're playing dota and someone picks bounty and you fucking know you're about to waste 50 minutes just for a loss.

Do you know why the "living prof is mafia prof" meme exists? It's because people who can't do simple math are left alive while I get killed off. Sure it's a funny meme and "the meta works", but do you understand how frustrating it is from my point of view that I have to rely on a team that can't see past it's own nose? It makes me not want to waste my time. Obviously I'm not going to just quit, but I'm so sick of this.

You have gotten way better since you've started and zero is nearly at as many games as you. Can't even do simple math because a mafia-prof theory rooted in handpicked roles and questioning gameplay was clouding his judgement. 

You both say don't think prof is town because he's ready to quit, it could just be an act. I agree. Do you also agree that zero could be just "acting stupid" or "acting aggressive"? Because that's what I saw. First posts were so aggressive over trivialities, you might as well call it feigned detective work. Am I just supposed to believe that someone is trying to call me mafia because he can't do simple math? Is that not a great cover for provoking a lynch on prof? Oh it's just zero, dumb as rocks.

In my OWN opinion, no I don't think that's exactly what zero is doing, but I can't rule out that he isn't "acting". The problem isn't that I think he's mafia. My problem is that zero cannot see any side of an argument other than his, even when my argument is just the reverse of his, because he's so (mistakenly) narcissistic, that he's the only one who can be right, even when he agrees that I'm on a far higher level.

zero129 said:

Hold on i admited that me seeing you as mafia prof made me think that getting the game down to 3 members for tomorrow was your goal.

However when you been fooled by someone twice in a row you cant blame a person for being paranoid around you.

And no once again i dont want to get into it with you since spurge made a good point about allowing real scum to hide (Assuming your not one of them).

But my thinking you scummy started with you questioning my playstyle and building a wall of Quotes that you clearly took out of context and it then continued with you doing so and all from me asking why you placed a vote on Xander. I didnt get agressive till you started doing this and this i can prove.

But its nice of you to show back up. Other then focusing on me have you got any other thoughts to add on any of the other players?.

No, now you are twisting what happened. You specifically said if we didn't lynch today, that we would have 3 or 4 days. Regardless of whether you thought 3 was my goal, it doesn't change the fact that 3 or 4 days doesn't exist (PERIOD). Paranoia is no excuse for not using your brain. I'm paranoid of everyone here, even linkz, but I'm not going to go out of my way to ignore reality in order for my theories to make sense.

You're right, don't get into it, because I am going to have the last word, and you are going to listen and stop with the backhanded rebuttals.

Right, because I questioned your playstyle saying you were being too aggressive, and you said you were playing like you always do.
ok
round 72 (you were town)
Your posts in order:
1checking in
2 joke vote for the mod
3 I don't like how prof plays, and don't like that he's missing. Also the game is small and I don't have any knowledge on the theme
4 Spurge:what are your assumptions zero. Zero: none, just strange that prof is missing
5 Spurge: where should we start? Zero: you start by voting. I vote for spurge jk
6 my vote on spurge is just a joke
That was the entire day 1

round 71 (you were town)
1 checking in. Mario claiming to be town i don't like, sometimes mafia do that
2 Asked for gender: I'm male
3 prof asks why cone is asking for gender. zero says "maybe he can figure out roles? I'm also curious."
4 not enough activity to get a read on anyone
That was all day 1
day 2
1: wow a lot of townies died, not sure what to think
2 spurge makes a post about people being surprised. zero responds "yeah of course! they had good roles. Do you know what happened?"
3 I think one of the town was killed by the mod, not much activity going on
4 I think ganon was killed because he said thanks about the roles link
5 mike: i feel bad that someone died. Zero: are you sad because u did it? a kill gone wrong? an accidental kill?
6 maybe the mod didn't kill that townie
7 scum is the one pointing fingers winky smiley face
8 why was mario killed?
theres not really much else after this on day 2

This game:
1 checking in HOS prof and linkz. "why are you two voting xander"
2 at linkz- just since zander said he couldn't play much you vote him. you seem to be trying to end the day. I don't like your friendliness. HOS linkz again
3 Prof i want to know why you have a vote on xander. both of you are very suspicious
4 Trucks is trying to buddy up to linkz. The explanation for voting xander was not good. 
5 I don't like that prof checked in, voted, and left. It's just like the last 2 games where he was mafia
6 Spurge are u trying to buddy up to prof. Prof voted me last game and then left too. I want to know his reason, and I want him to play more
7 Linkz, what's with all the votes?
8 voting is pointless, just fos and hos
9 there is no such thing as too big of an outburst. How can you call me an outburst for asking about prof
10 HOS mrP, he is trying to paint me as scum by bundling me into a group and calling me an outburst

There is more, but do I really need to explain how this is more aggressive than your town games? Are you really so defensive that you cannot understand my point of view? Because if you can't, you're clearly not capable of playing this game. You are acting very defensive and wild, and also aggressive, pointing fingeres everywhere, when normally you don't make any accusations until at least a day in. You also tend to joke a lot and you haven't even once today. You even MISSED the joke when linkz accused xander of time-travelling. You seem super serious, and I noted that, and you flipped out, and now you're trying to defend yourself AGAIN by saying I'm wrong, and that you only got aggressive after I started questioning you. That is not true. You were more aggressive than you've been in the last two games on day one where you've basically joked and played casually. You are playing your typical day 3 playstyle on your day 1.

And yes, I do find that suspicious, and I could really care less if you think I'm rusty, or mafia, or whatever. You are playing differently, and it's proven by your posts in the last two games.