By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2016 NPD Thread! XBO #1; PS4 Slim flops

poklane said:
tbone51 said:
How did the wiiu do? Does it stand a chance to keep up the 5 digit mark?

Assuming Microsoft considers the Wii U an 8th gen console, it sold less than 88k.

This is a given even withouth that MS pr....

Around the Network
Welfare said:
I would not use the term flop. PS4 slim had 3 weeks of sales while the XB1 had a full 5 weeks of post launch sales. And it sounds like both systems were close.

Keep in mind the PS4 also had a price-cut. On even footing, Microsoft usually is way behind. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Ryng_Tolu said:
poklane said:

Assuming Microsoft considers the Wii U an 8th gen console, it sold less than 88k.

This is a given even withouth that MS pr....

Yeah, I was thinking about adding that when I first wrote that comment :p

Just a question for all North Americans (and people who watch North American TV a lot): has Sony marketed the new PS4 model and price cut a lot? Here in The Netherlands I haven't seen shit on TV or other places you could expect ads. The last time I've seen a PS4 ad must have been in May around Uncharted 4's release.

barneystinson69 said:
Welfare said:
I would not use the term flop. PS4 slim had 3 weeks of sales while the XB1 had a full 5 weeks of post launch sales. And it sounds like both systems were close.

Keep in mind the PS4 also had a price-cut. On even footing, Microsoft usually is way behind. 

Shortly after the Slim reveal they price was cut by $50 for the CoD bundle to $299 and not long after than and still currently on sale is the Uncharted 4 LE console at $279, Xbox One had the week of free game sale as well.  There has actually been some good offers and price cuts and good incentive to buy a console in September and even with the Pro taking some sales away for pre-orders Sony will probably be disapointed that the PS4 is down YoY after the $50-70 price cuts along side the slim launch.

Around the Network

Congrats to the XB1 for pulling out the victory! I wonder what the actual numbers were with the XB1 being up for the month? I can't wait for Oct NPD now!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

We need numbers but hopefully both are doing great!

Lawlight said:
Nothing to worry about - Amazon had the PS4Pro as the highest selling system in September but will only release in November.

It was still wrong though:

PS4 CoD bundle: #24
XBO S 500GB Halo bundle: #30

We'e got to be fair with this.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Lawlight said:
Nothing to worry about - Amazon had the PS4Pro as the highest selling system in September but will only release in November.

It was still wrong though:

PS4 CoD bundle: #24
XBO S 500GB Halo bundle: #30

We'e got to be fair with this.

Yeah true but those are close enough and the numbers are close enough to fall within the margin of error. The Pro was #5 - higher than any game.

XBO > PS4
PS4 XBO > 293k (up YoY)

I dont quite get those numbers.If the XBO is above the PS4 in terms of total sales, should the XBO numbers be: XBO>354k ?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1