By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2016 NPD Thread! XBO #1; PS4 Slim flops

That's good. Maybe it's going to teach Sony to make their consoles more competitive. The Slim was (is) way too expensive.

And they knew that Microsoft were going to use a UHD drive in the XB1s. They should have reacted and announced a UHD for Pro too. This would have slowed XB1s sales I am sure.

I remember them being pride that they didn't react (meaning add a UHD player in the Pro) when they heard the XB1s specs.

Are they proud know?

Around the Network

I don't think the ps4 S offers as big of a reason to upgrade as the Xbox one S
I'm just talking upgrading from OG ps4/Xbox 1

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Pro is out in 30 days and was announced almost 2 months ago. In addition ps4s did not launch till middle of September, what were we expecting?

I waiting for numbers. If numbers are close then those last deals for the end of September by MS pretty much sealed the win for them.

Not surprising. There's nothing really enticing about the PS4 Slim that would warrant a buy over the normal PS4 or Pro. I'm expecting the same/bigger in October with the Gears 4 and Battlefield 1 console releases.

Around the Network

Congratulations xbox.

WoodenPints said:
barneystinson69 said:

Keep in mind the PS4 also had a price-cut. On even footing, Microsoft usually is way behind. 

Shortly after the Slim reveal they price was cut by $50 for the CoD bundle to $299 and not long after than and still currently on sale is the Uncharted 4 LE console at $279, Xbox One had the week of free game sale as well.  There has actually been some good offers and price cuts and good incentive to buy a console in September and even with the Pro taking some sales away for pre-orders Sony will probably be disapointed that the PS4 is down YoY after the $50-70 price cuts along side the slim launch.

Both better keep it up... This competition's great stuff for us... 

Wowza! Didn't see that coming. Xbone is a good console, well deserved.

RolStoppable said:
The PS4 Slim is the Carolina Panthers of video game consoles.

How about you make a reference that people outside of the US can understand?

This whole 'slim is a flop' thing is asinine. The slim simply replaces the OG PS4 and isn't intended to do anything but offer those with less money an option. The Pro is an option for people who want an better alternative to original PS4 specs. Both are PS4s and that's all that matters. The only reason the PS4 lost Sep is clearly people are opting to wait for the better specs, it's not because the Slim 'flopped'. I repeat, because some people either don't get it or want to differentiate in order to create a 'flop/success' situation in order to inject negativity where there is none:

OGPS4+PS4s+PS4pro = PS4 sales

Stop thinking like forum users and start thinking like Sony.

The PS5 Exists.