By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you had enough evidence to know that God is real, would you love Him or hate Him or what?

Tagged games:

If God was real, would you love and worship?

Yes, I would love and worship Him. 49 41.53%

No. And would not. 69 58.47%

Total:118
WagnerPaiva said:
SvennoJ said:

Definitely would not love and worship out of my own free will. Grateful no. Indifferent yes. The same way a kid would regard an ant farm.

I do not question your feelings, I do believe your sincerity. But contrary to ants, we are capable of love and hate. The ants are indifferent to the kid because they are not capable of love or hate, and I doubt the level o awareness they can really have of the kid.

Anyways, cool answer.

Perhaps a God would not be aware of our conscience the way we can't tell much about ants. With the ant farm analogy I'm thinking that if God were real he or it would be in a different dimension or plane of existence, the way we look at a 2 dimensional ant farm. We're omnipresent while looking at that slice of ant colony, we can effect it in certain ways influencing their behaviour, yet the ants never seem to grasp the human intervention. Meanwhile while we can perform 'miracles' on the ant farm, we lack the finesse to influence individual ant's level of happiness.

Not that we are ants, but that there would be a similar difference between humans and a hypothetical god as between ants and a person. Therefore no, I would not love or hate an external entity, it would feel as indifferent as the passage of time.

Around the Network
vivster said:
WagnerPaiva said:

So, if the said hard evidence was that He could interfere and also could listen, then I guess you would pray at least. But I take you would not love Him. That is a fair answer. thanks =)

It would be a very different god from the one that people believe currently exists then. I would have to figure him out first if he actually listened and responded.

Lol, playing hard to get towards God? That´s a new approach. =)

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:

see Jesus Christ as a hero and you and Hitchens read the same book and think he is as a vilain. I am not judging, it just fascinates me. 

What did your Jesus saved us from that wasn't created by your god?

Your god is no different to a man who points a gun to your forehead, takes it away and then asks you to thank him for saving your life by not shooting.

Your god pretends to be the savior of calamities that he himself created as the supposed creator of everything.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Would I love him? I don't know, would god be my type?

Otherwise, I don't understand the question. Why would I say I love someone I don't know?

I'm not an atheist but I don't understand "worship", either. A) why would I worship anyone, and B) why would I worship anyone who demanded I worship them or they'll punish me? I mean, I guess I would pretend if it would get me out of detention but how could I possibly respect anyone like that? It makes no sense to me.

I was raised a Christian but I had all these questions that no one would answer except with, "you should pray about that." The Sunday school brainwashing just pushed me into a corner and made me feel scared and guilty because I did not like this god person, much less love them.

I remember being very, very confused over Abraham and how he was about to murder his son because god told him to do it. I did not like that, I thought it was wrong, even when god was all like, "IT WAS JUST A PRANK, BRO." That's my first memory of really not liking this religion business and thinking that god was a jerk.

Also, being a Capricorn, I didn't like that they killed goats all the time.

Which god are we talking about, bible god, Allah, Jewish god or a new one. Judging how everything is going down here I would sure like to talk to him. I am not going to love or worship him though

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
deskpro2k3 said:
I think if people from 1BC or Year 1 can see us right now, they might think that we're Gods.

We're even out living those people from that era by decades too.

Well, some people died at 30, some others lived till 80. Even John the apostle got to 92, according to jewish first century historian Flavius Josephus. But, to be fair, he was well threated in prison because the romans feared his death would cause a revolt.

I take it you are talking about how high tech our society became in 2 thousand years. It is indeed very impressive, specially because most of it was achieved in less than 60 years, probably  the fumes of the world wars are the reason of such extraordinary progress. Fear does help one to achieve impressive things.

But, how about the question from the OP?

I'll remain an agnostic. But if God is real, I'll tell'em I can do a better job.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Qwark said:
Which god are we talking about, bible god, Allah, Jewish god or a new one. Judging how everything is going down here I would sure like to talk to him. I am not going to love or worship him though

This is a relevant question - which god are we talking about here?

He'd have a hell of a lot of explaining to do. He is all powerful and he makes the rules, so why doesn't he change the rules so that everything would be better? Why would he feel the need to be worshipped? To stroke his ego? What other purpose is there for worship? How petty can such a being be?
I would not love such an entity, because he clearly is not deserving of such love. You can always say I cannot understand his reasons because I'm only human, but that's just other people making excuses for him. I'd like to hear directly from him and not from a bunch of my fellow apes who are just as ignorant as I am, altough they claim to have some knowledge outside of the human experience.

Is it wrong that Im greatfull for just being? I Like the world we live in, big guy deserves your love.

I'd question him on certain things but feel I generally live a good life and would understand that this is all (s)he really cares about.

Hmm, pie.