By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you had enough evidence to know that God is real, would you love Him or hate Him or what?

Tagged games:

If God was real, would you love and worship?

Yes, I would love and worship Him. 49 41.53%

No. And would not. 69 58.47%

Total:118

IF him real, i may love him but as worship, no, i cannot do this for someone i think IF him real don't care about us at all.

But i think there is no god anyway.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
vivster said:
I would probably kill myself. Not because anything of significance would change but because religious people will become too obnoxious for me to bear.

No Vivster, I meant, YOU had hard evidence, not everyone. Somehow, if YOU, and only you, recieved enough hard evidence, enough to satisfy you, that God is real, would you love Him and worship Him, or, would you, as Hitchens, still hate Him?

Or would you find a third option as some of our buddies in the thread?

Then just nothing. God doesn't listen so I won't talk to him. God doesn't interfere so I don't pray to him. If he wants to be a dickhead I can't do anything about it anyway. Nothing will change.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Saeko said:

IF him real, i may love him but as worship, no, i cannot do this for someone i think IF him real don't care about us at all.

But i think there is no god anyway.

Fair enough. It is a sincere answer.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

vivster said:
WagnerPaiva said:

No Vivster, I meant, YOU had hard evidence, not everyone. Somehow, if YOU, and only you, recieved enough hard evidence, enough to satisfy you, that God is real, would you love Him and worship Him, or, would you, as Hitchens, still hate Him?

Or would you find a third option as some of our buddies in the thread?

Then just nothing. God doesn't listen so I won't talk to him. God doesn't interfere so I don't pray to him. If he wants to be a dickhead I can't do anything about it anyway. Nothing will change.

So, if the said hard evidence was that He could interfere and also could listen, then I guess you would pray at least. But I take you would not love Him. That is a fair answer. thanks =)

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Your god is unworthy of worship by anyone. A vile, wicked, merciless entity who wiped out the entire planet. One of the greatest super-villains in all of fiction. What is worse is that he knew he would destroy the very people he created due to his omniscience.

The naivete involved in deluding oneself into not only believing in such an entity, but worshiping such an entity boggles the mind of any sane, rational person.

If I discovered tomorrow that your god were real I would give him the verbal beating of a lifetime that would rival some of Shakespeare's greatest works and then spit in his general direction as the utmost sign of disrespect.

-SM

SkepticallyMinded said:

Your god is unworthy of worship by anyone. A vile, wicked, merciless entity who wiped out the entire planet. One of the greatest super-villains in all of fiction. What is worse is that he knew he would destroy the very people he created due to his omniscience.

The naivete involved in deluding oneself into not only believing in such an entity, but worshiping such an entity boggles the mind of any sane, rational person.

If I discovered tomorrow that your god were real I would give him the verbal beating of a lifetime that would rival some of Shakespeare's greatest works and then spit in his general direction as the utmost sign of disrespect.

-SM

That was Christopher Hitchens answer as well. It is funny to me as I can read the Holy Bible and see Jesus Christ as a hero and you and Hitchens read the same book and think he is as a vilain. I am not judging, it just fascinates me. 

Ka-pi96 said:
Not possible, there`s no such thing as gods except in myths and legends, some of which (ie. the Greek ones are pretty entertaining though).

If the thing that some people worship as a god existed though... I`d do the same thing as if I lived in North Korea. That being, make plans to overthrow the evil dictator that thinks they are a god...

According to The Book of the Prophet Isaiah, that is Lucifer´s plan. I personally think this is a bold answer as well. Of course I disagree, as to me God is the Hero, not the vilain, but I did created this thread to read about how people think, not to force them to think like me.

Thanks Ka-pi, I knew I could count with you. =)

I would call him Bobby. Just to piss him off.

WagnerPaiva said:
vivster said:

So, if the said hard evidence was that He could interfere and also could listen, then I guess you would pray at least. But I take you would not love Him. That is a fair answer. thanks =)

It would be a very different god from the one that people believe currently exists then. I would have to figure him out first if he actually listened and responded.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.