By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you had enough evidence to know that God is real, would you love Him or hate Him or what?

Tagged games:

If God was real, would you love and worship?

Yes, I would love and worship Him. 49 41.53%

No. And would not. 69 58.47%

Total:118
bunchanumbers said:
I used to be atheist. I now believe in something bigger than myself. My father passed away last year. I stayed with him during the wake, and after everyone left, it was just the 2 of us. After the funeral, and everyone was gone, I finally slept, and I got to talk with him in my dream. Even though he had passed, he was still trying to save me.

And my dog passed this last July. We took him to our ancestral land and buried him. A week later, I was at home, and I heard him sneeze, like he always used to sneeze. It freaked me the hell out.

Is god real? I have no idea. But there is something out there, and I now believe in a afterlife.

Man, I dream about my dead dog all the time. I really loved him and I always brush it off as just missing the good buddy that he was. But it is a strange feeling...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
WagnerPaiva said:

These are, I am sure that you know, the cornerstone questions from rational atheism. I would prefer if you had choose to answer in a more direct way, as Chris Hitchens did. He also use these two famous questions in every debate he did till he died.

But I take your answer is: My belief in a non-theistic reality is so rock solid that I can´t even imagine a answer to such a question.

Nope, these questions mean that the god in the Bible and how things supposedly work according to it do not make sense.

Yes, that is the point these questions aim to make. And of course, there are many answers possible that brilliant christian apologists made countless times before us, and if I write them you would be able to also make dozens of other hard questions and so on and on and on.

But that is not the point of the thread. But I do get the way you think. 

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

AbbathTheGrim said:
bunchanumbers said:
I used to be atheist. I now believe in something bigger than myself. My father passed away last year. I stayed with him during the wake, and after everyone left, it was just the 2 of us. After the funeral, and everyone was gone, I finally slept, and I got to talk with him in my dream. Even though he had passed, he was still trying to save me.

And my dog passed this last July. We took him to our ancestral land and buried him. A week later, I was at home, and I heard him sneeze, like he always used to sneeze. It freaked me the hell out.

Is god real? I have no idea. But there is something out there, and I now believe in a afterlife.

What's out there is your yearn for something beyond the grave, wishing for something bigger that has control over everything and gives justince in the end.

I wish that right now Scarlett Johanson would open this door behind me and rape me on this library table but what I want is not necessarily what will happen, will it?

Personally you can believe in whatever you want to believe in. I'm not here to try to sway any opinion. The things I've experienced show me that there is more to this life than living. And that is enough for me. My fathers passing brought me a lot of sadness, that I carry with me to this day. But it brought me peace.

God is so obviously real. This world is far too balanced and right for life to question if He's real. You can't see sound, the air, a thought, etc., but you know they are real. So is God.

Even if the big bang theory is true, where did all the matter and energy come from to make the universe? What is more believable? That Almighty God always existed, or mindless matter and energy just existed, then exploded and created just the right conditions for life?

Same thing we do every night Pinky, try to take over the world!

Around the Network
niceguygameplayer said:
God is so obviously real. This world is far too balanced and right for life to question if He's real. You can't see sound, the air, a thought, etc., but you know they are real. So is God.

Even if the big bang theory is true, where did all the matter and energy come from to make the universe? What is more believable? That Almighty God always existed, or mindless matter and energy just existed, then exploded and created just the right conditions for life?

That is not the question though, the question, to the atheists, is: if you had hard cold evidence, enough to satisfy you, would you love and worship God?

I, as you know, love and worship God and Jesus with all my heart, so, yes, to me the evidence is all around, just like you feel.

ktay95 said:
Same thing we do every night Pinky, try to take over the world!

Lol, makes no sense but I laughed. =D

bunchanumbers said:

Personally you can believe in whatever you want to believe in. I'm not here to try to sway any opinion. The things I've experienced show me that there is more to this life than living. And that is enough for me. My fathers passing brought me a lot of sadness, that I carry with me to this day. But it brought me peace.

I don't believe in things. I have hope, I need hope to have a positive outlook in life, but I know shit can happen.

Only through the scientific method can we ever tell what is smoke and mirrors and what is the truth.

niceguygameplayer said:
1) God is so obviously real. This world is far too balanced and right for life to question if He's real. You can't see sound, the air, a thought, etc., but you know they are real. So is God.

2) Even if the big bang theory is true, where did all the matter and energy come from to make the universe? What is more believable? That Almighty God always existed, or mindless matter and energy just existed, then exploded and created just the right conditions for life?

1) What are you comparing this world to, to come and say it is too balanced?

This is just an opinion. A mathematical equation may look complex to a child and easy to a mathematician but the truth is that the equation is neither easy or hard, it just exists.

2) What is more believeable? The answer is an opinion and we don't base truth and reality in opinion. If the univese or whatever is beyond cannot come out of nothing, your god can't either.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

I don't trust my eyes, my mind nor my memory so it would be pretty hard to convince me in the first place. Yet if it is real then I guess it would feel like waking up in North Korea, discovering a ruthless dictator has been operating behind the scenes all along. Nature can be called cruel however nature is indifferent to all suffering. If God were real he would have chosen to be indifferent.

SvennoJ said:
I don't trust my eyes, my mind nor my memory so it would be pretty hard to convince me in the first place. Yet if it is real then I guess it would feel like waking up in North Korea, discovering a ruthless dictator has been operating behind the scenes all along. Nature can be called cruel however nature is indifferent to all suffering. If God were real he would have chosen to be indifferent.

But how would you react to Him? Would love Him and worship, would you be grateful for the universe and life itself or would you, as Chris Hitchens, hate Him as a vilain.

By the way, your indifference argument is explained by the Holy Bible, reading it you realize God is the main protagonist of the Universe´ history.  But going further in that line of thinking would sound like evangelism and this is not the point of the thread.

So, I guess your answer is that you do not see God as the hero or vilain of the tale, but as indifferent. very interesting.