By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you had enough evidence to know that God is real, would you love Him or hate Him or what?

Tagged games:

If God was real, would you love and worship?

Yes, I would love and worship Him. 49 41.53%

No. And would not. 69 58.47%

Total:118
vivster said:
asqarkabab said:

Its a long story 

I'm all ear.

Two Years ago i had a car accident and i went in Coma for more than 3 weeks at this time as much as i can remember very special events happend at that time that transfered me from a unbeliever to a believer 

I know you will think im a dreamer but on that time many thinks happend that solified my believe in god and his existence

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network
asqarkabab said:
vivster said:

I'm all ear.

Two Years ago i had a car accident and i went in Coma for more than 3 weeks at this time as much as i can remember very special events happend at that time that transfered me from a unbeliever to a believer 

I know you will think im a dreamer but on that time many thinks happend that solified my believe in god and his existence

Interesting. But I guess if you want to find signs then you will find them regardless of his existence or not.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
asqarkabab said:

Interesting. But I guess if you want to find signs then you will find them regardless of his existence or not.

We can see his signs in all his creations

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

is this some type of Pascal's wager?

the short answer is, no.

the slightly longer answer is:

love is something that should be earned, in the hypothetical that some sort of god exists, for which reason should I love that entity? I see no reason why I should love anything whose existence is as real to me as the tooth fairy.

on the question of worship, sort answer, no.

slightly longer answer: nothing and no one in the universe should be an object of worship. if a person would lower themselves into blind acceptance of someone else's thoughts / orders, I would automatically lose respect for them as an individual. might sound cold, but if a person will set aside their own thoughts and ideas to act as a pawn (worship) something/someone else, then why should I waste any time with them?

so yeah, there probably are no gods, but if there were, definitively it wouldn't be the one some ignorant farmers in the middle east came up with a few millennia ago.

Imagine a voice from the heavens would start to talk to us and claim to be god.

What kind of evidence could prove that to a human? How could we ever be sure it is god and not some advanced powerful being posing as a god to us?

We don't have the mental capacity to decide either way.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

I was raised a Christian for most of my life, but too many times the response to my question was "have faith". I was too skeptical and inquisitive to take what was said at face value, and the things I was told to believe left me in deep turmoil. Eternal punishment is not something I take lightly, and wish upon no one. To me, only a cruel god could allow such a thing.

So I'm faced with either:

A cruel god who punishes good people because they are nonbelievers. That god is not worth my reverence. I know I am a good person. I don't deserve Hell just because I don't worship god, and there are many other good people that are the same. I refuse to submit to any such being like that.

Or an ineffective god that doesn't. What's the point of worshiping such a god if it makes no difference in the end?

I don't believe in holding reverence for any being like that. Omnipotence, omnipresence and unimaginable power isn't convincing to me. It's arbitrary. Why is it considered so immoral for humans to 'play god' in our world when given the ability to, yet our alleged God gets free reign to do what he wants without objection? It's a bit of a strange notion, but I often question if God has the moral justification to BE god. In fact, it's a bit of an unnerving notion to me to submit oneself so completely to a being and believe they are incapable of being wrong and have the power to do anything. Especially when even the Bible describes this god as a jealous god.

FIT_Gamer said:

So you're conceding to him being imaginary? :p

No he's saying if we had 100% proof He existed. Absence of proof is not equal to lack of existence

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

setsunatenshi said:
is this some type of Pascal's wager?

the short answer is, no.

the slightly longer answer is:

love is something that should be earned, in the hypothetical that some sort of god exists, for which reason should I love that entity? I see no reason why I should love anything whose existence is as real to me as the tooth fairy.

on the question of worship, sort answer, no.

slightly longer answer: nothing and no one in the universe should be an object of worship. if a person would lower themselves into blind acceptance of someone else's thoughts / orders, I would automatically lose respect for them as an individual. might sound cold, but if a person will set aside their own thoughts and ideas to act as a pawn (worship) something/someone else, then why should I waste any time with them?

so yeah, there probably are no gods, but if there were, definitively it wouldn't be the one some ignorant farmers in the middle east came up with a few millennia ago.

Let's put this in perspective. You could love Him because He CREATED you and the universe you live in and if you don't worship Him, in the next life you could be in HELL for all of eternity where your skin constantly regenerates so you never stop feeling pain

Porcupine_I said:
Imagine a voice from the heavens would start to talk to us and claim to be god.

What kind of evidence could prove that to a human? How could we ever be sure it is god and not some advanced powerful being posing as a god to us?

We don't have the mental capacity to decide either way.

Yes exactly if God exists we can't comprehend Him and hence the null hypothesis does not work on him either

pokoko said:
Would I love him? I don't know, would god be my type?

Otherwise, I don't understand the question. Why would I say I love someone I don't know?

I'm not an atheist but I don't understand "worship", either. A) why would I worship anyone, and B) why would I worship anyone who demanded I worship them or they'll punish me? I mean, I guess I would pretend if it would get me out of detention but how could I possibly respect anyone like that? It makes no sense to me.

I was raised a Christian but I had all these questions that no one would answer except with, "you should pray about that." The Sunday school brainwashing just pushed me into a corner and made me feel scared and guilty because I did not like this god person, much less love them.

I remember being very, very confused over Abraham and how he was about to murder his son because god told him to do it. I did not like that, I thought it was wrong, even when god was all like, "IT WAS JUST A PRANK, BRO." That's my first memory of really not liking this religion business and thinking that god was a jerk.

Also, being a Capricorn, I didn't like that they killed goats all the time.

Was catching up on the replies and found your mindset pretty similiar to mine when it comes to this issue.

The Biblical story that gets me the most flustered, though, is definitely the story of Job. It's completely unjustifiable and frankly disgusts me. Apparently Job is SO  dedicated and unwavering when it comes to his belief that God rewards him by... Letting Satan destroy everything he's worked for, killing most of his family, and making him miserable and diseased. But hey, it all works out, right? He gets it all back tenfold! 'Cept those children and servants are still dead and all that. Just to prove a point. Not even to teach Job a lesson since he was righteous before his life was put into ruins. If God is all-knowing, he shouldn't have needed to 'test' Job. He shouldn't have needed to prove anything to SATAN of all beings.

God is a monster, even in the book that tries to portray him as someone worth our love and worship.