By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official PS Community Reborn!!!Welcome back to Hometown this summer-Jak is back-Persona almost here!!!

What release on April are you most excited for?

Persona 5 121 66.85%

Drawn to Death 7 3.87%

Yooka Laylee 16 8.84%

Outlast 2 4 2.21%

The Deer God 0 0%

What Remains of Edith Finch 4 2.21%

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 2 1.10%

Parappa the Rappa Remastered 10 5.52%

Little Nightmares 4 2.21%

Other 13 7.18%

Total:181

I decided to get a Pro and managed to sell my OG PS4 for really good value ($220), though someone made a thread regarding a Taiwanese newspaper saying Sony might do another hardware revision this year.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Nautilus said:

I guess we have different preferences then XD

Give back your evoker, and never step into the dark hour anymore, you don't deserve it!

Fine, Ill content myself with the TV World!Never needed your bloody evoker!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

BraLoD said:
Nautilus said:

I guess we have different preferences then XD

Give back your evoker, and never step into the dark hour anymore, you don't deserve it!

I too liked the fun atmosphere of P4 better, it felt more "natural" than P3. But what I really didn't like in P3 FES is the gameplay, especially the fact that you don't control your teammates. It's just awful, you can't make a good team or strategy because most of the time they will do only stupid things (you can't even have a proper healer!).

Awesome game anyway, but I have to admit that I didn't finish it (yet) because of this. I'm still a week before the final fight and want to grind a bit, but the fights are too annoying... And I already know the end of the story, so it's less interesting too ^^.

shikamaru317 said:
Aura7541 said:
I decided to get a Pro and managed to sell my OG PS4 for really good value ($220), though someone made a thread regarding a Taiwanese newspaper saying Sony might do another hardware revision this year.

Yeah, seems strange that they would do a Super Slim so soon. Took PS3 3 years to get a Super Slim after Slim released.

Maybe in the end we'll get 10 different versions of the PS4.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

BraLoD said:
Faelco said:

I too liked the fun atmosphere of P4 better, it felt more "natural" than P3. But what I really didn't like in P3 FES is the gameplay, especially the fact that you don't control your teammates. It's just awful, you can't make a good team or strategy because most of the time they will do only stupid things.

Awesome game anyway, but I have to admit that I didn't finish it (yet) because of this. I'm still a week before the final fight and want to grind a bit, but the fights are too annoying... And I already know the end of the story, so it's less interesting too ^^.

P3 actually felt better to me, the atmosphere was so much better.
P3 is a more limited game that P4, but even so it's still without a doubt a better game, IMO.

Also, even with the gameplay being limited to the main char and only kinds of behaviors to be choosen for the chars in battle, I still felt P3 had less cheapness that P4, P4 starts scalling the levels needed insanely out of the blue, it forces you to grind and go thorugh the stress of being fucked up sometimes because the monster are just so much stronger when you still haven't started to grind there and they can screw you up until you have a high enough level.

P3 chars acted by themselves (with your directions), but I still died less there, my biggest problem was the insta death light and dark magics once they started using it on me and the party leader death being a game over, which P4 not fixing was more of a problem there than on P3, even as P4 gives you ways to avoid insta death down the road when you start to have stronger S.Links with your party members, by that time you have access to the Personas to cover for that.

P3 story was better, even if the development of it was much more straight foward compared to the "try to discover it" from P4, and the other S.Links were also more interesting on P3 than on P4. I also liked more having a dedicated time to go into the dungeon, instead of having to making compromisses to go into the dungeon during the day.

P3 music was also better, specially the villain (which was also better on P3) music, the fight against Strega was particularly amazing.

P3 has great points too, sure! But once I had all the characters in P4, I never died even without a lot of grind, a good team strategy is easy to use and can be really efficient. So I liked my characters, I never wanted to slap them like sometimes in P3. I played P3 after P4, and I died a lot maybe because of too high expectations for my teammates. And losing hours of grind because of either a screw up from a teammate or a light/dark spell killing the MC is just infuriating. I admit that I did rage quit the game several times...

I still need to finish it one day though ^^.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Aura7541 said:

Yeah, seems strange that they would do a Super Slim so soon. Took PS3 3 years to get a Super Slim after Slim released.

And now I'm left hanging because what if Sony releases a PS4 Pro slim. At least I have a PC backlog to get through, so I can definitely wait and I'm better off waiting until this holiday season anyways.

Aura7541 said:
shikamaru317 said:

And now I'm left hanging because what if Sony releases a PS4 Pro slim. At least I have a PC backlog to get through, so I can definitely wait and I'm better off waiting until this holiday season anyways.

Sounds like the safest approach right now, they might announce something at E3.

New poll time

Last poll, the vast majority said they were happy with their PS4s

New poll is:

What release on April are you most excited for?

i wonder what will win...

Same exclusivity deal as the first game it seems