By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why are people calling for Trump to exit the race when Hilary has done just as appalling stuff?

danasider said:
dangerguy said:

Honestly, I don't know why you guys even bother with posts like this. It's pretty clear there is a massive divide between the "left" and "right" and between pro-Trump, pro-Hillary, anti- etc.

These posts are complete sh*t and turn into complete sh*t shows. It's like posting your political views on Facebook. It just makes people uncomfortable that are offended or disagree with you.

And let's be real here, this still ultimately comes down to left vs right views. You're not changing anyone's political views. If it was Marco Rubio vs Bernie Sanders it would still be a sh*t show of pissed off people, angry at the other side for one thing or another.

When half of your own party starts jumping ship this late in the race, it's not a simple left vs right issue. Trump is bad news, and everyone knows it.

Well, I know that, you know that, but you'll never convince his most ardent supporters.

Around the Network

With the new allegations of women coming out and saying Trump has actually performed the things on the tape he said he did not do during the debate, how does this change the picture. Not only are these women coming out but they actually have witnesses as well.

Politically do you believe that Trump probably should have answered yes to that question that he has performed those actions and then talk about how he has improved or should he and his team continue to try to call these allegations false.

Personally, it probably would have been better if Trump had admitted to performing these acts and then try to convince people he has changed. Trying to deflect these allegations coming down the stretch is going to derail a campaign that is already on tilt. Coming clean, he could have prevented most of this blow back and presented a more positive light. Time and again I believe Trump had opportunities to tell the truth and present a more positive narrative to his past behavior but since he feels he can lie his way out of each one of these situations, everything is coming to the for.

spurgeonryan said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/id-never-withdraw-trump-refuses-to-back-down-as-republicans-call-for-him-to-exit-race-174057972.html

Seriously? Some remarks he made as a celebrity is having everyone, even his own side, go against him this close to election?

Have we all forgotten everything Hilary has done and they just continue to push for her?

So what would happen if he did step down? She would just more or less automatically win?

At this point she is the only choice, he is far, far worse of a choice.

spurgeonryan said:
the_dark_lewd said:
If Trump's forced to pull out and then Clinton's health puts her out of business, both sides could have to choose new candidates

Either way, this will be a strange time in history. Americans will look back on this as a very bizaar time in our history.

It will still be the best thing to happen to the American electorate since forever... 

SpokenTruth said:
Trump just pulled his campaign out of Virginia.

It's sinking, folks.

Actually, it seems they're throwing resources towards keeping Iowa in the fold. Trump's still leading over there... 

Ucouldntbemorewrong said:
spurgeonryan said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/id-never-withdraw-trump-refuses-to-back-down-as-republicans-call-for-him-to-exit-race-174057972.html

Seriously? Some remarks he made as a celebrity is having everyone, even his own side, go against him this close to election?

Have we all forgotten everything Hilary has done and they just continue to push for her?

So what would happen if he did step down? She would just more or less automatically win?

At this point she is the only choice, he is far, far worse of a choice.

At this point, I am voting for him just to keep Hillary out. Enough votes and the House will decide... 

Around the Network
Baryonyx said:
Jumpin said:
What exactly has Hillary done that matches all the crap what Trump's done?

Beside several "Suicide-Victims with gun-shot wounds in the back".

Using the Clinton foundation to steal people's donations which the victims they was supposed to help didn't get any of it, or when she got exposed by leaked email that she sold weapons to ISIS..

Stop being a dense motherfucker, if you have questions and wonder why people think Hillary is worse shouldn't be a issue to begin with, if you have paid attention to the news over the years or about Hillary in general, you would know than Trump can't measure up to Hillary in term of corruption.. She is a damn syndicate Queen. 

Modded by Axum

That is completely false:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/aug/25/reince-priebus/reince-priebus-false-claim-80-clinton-foundation-c/

Funny you should call someone a "dense motherfucker" without actually knowing what you are talking about.

Mr Puggsly said:
Normchacho said:

The ACA provides coverage to about 90% of the people living in the United States. The remaining 10% of people living in America can't get coverage because 

1. They aren't here legally and are therefor uneligible.

2. Fall into the "Medicad Gap" because their States opted out.

3. Decided it was either cheaper to just pay the fine, or didn't know they were supposed to have health insurance.

4. Were exempt from the requirement for one reason or another.

The ACA certainly hasn't been perfect, and has made it more difficult for a lot of people to get the same quality of health insurance as they had before the bill passed. But it's also done good things like making sure someone with a pre-existing condition can't be denied health insurance, and allowed about 16 million more people to get health insurance in the first place. Droping the rate of uninsured Americans from 17.6%, to 10.9%

Beyond that, Americans are pretty evenly split in their opinion of the ACA. Recent polling by Gallup suggests that 49% disaprove of the law, while 47% approve of the law. That, as Gallup points out, is within their margin of error.

Has the ACA been perfect? Of course not. Has it been as good as many of it's supporters had hoped it would be? No, not really. Has it been as bad as it's detractors said it would be? Not even close. Has it been a total disaster? No.

As I've said before, if you're poor or in some other situation that allows you to get it free. That's going to account for a high percentage of people that love it.

If you're a normal working person that doesn't exactly make a lot of money, you very likely hate it. Before ACA a lot of us were paying significantly less for coverage, which is ironic given the name. What I'm essentially saying its been a burden on the average working person.

Except blaming the increased rates on the ACA is ridiculous.  Rates were skyrocketing prior to it going into affect.  The ACA has slowed down the price increases:

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/02/slower-premium-growth-under-obama/

AsGryffynn said:
SkepticallyMinded said:

I cannot devise a larger waste of one's time than to memorize the occupations of all of the United States presidents. You need to get out more often.

Err dude, this was something I read one day for a history report and found curious. Do you really think I know the occupation of every single president? I know those of a few, but not all of them... 

Sorry loser... 

And you had the foolish audacity to expect every person to have had the same random experience you did in history where you memorized one such president's occupation? Maybe it's best if you stay indoors...

SpokenTruth said:
AsGryffynn said:

Actually, it seems they're throwing resources towards keeping Iowa in the fold. Trump's still leading over there... 

Poor strategy.  Why pour resources into a state you already the lead in?  Especially when the one you pulled from has more than twice as many electoral votes (Virginia has 13, Iowa has 6).

Virginia's sort of a lost cause. Clinton did pull from Pennsylvania after realizing Trump was stronger than she thought there... 

SkepticallyMinded said:
AsGryffynn said:

Err dude, this was something I read one day for a history report and found curious. Do you really think I know the occupation of every single president? I know those of a few, but not all of them... 

Sorry loser... 

And you had the foolish audacity to expect every person to have had the same random experience you did in history where you memorized one such president's occupation? Maybe it's best if you stay indoors...

I expected your school to teach a bit of everything. I was wrong expecting an illiterate to have attended school in the first place... 

User was moderated for this and another post ~ CGI