By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why are people calling for Trump to exit the race when Hilary has done just as appalling stuff?

dangerguy said:

Honestly, I don't know why you guys even bother with posts like this. It's pretty clear there is a massive divide between the "left" and "right" and between pro-Trump, pro-Hillary, anti- etc.

These posts are complete sh*t and turn into complete sh*t shows. It's like posting your political views on Facebook. It just makes people uncomfortable that are offended or disagree with you.

And let's be real here, this still ultimately comes down to left vs right views. You're not changing anyone's political views. If it was Marco Rubio vs Bernie Sanders it would still be a sh*t show of pissed off people, angry at the other side for one thing or another.

When half of your own party starts jumping ship this late in the race, it's not a simple left vs right issue. Trump is bad news, and everyone knows it.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
danasider said:

Some of the things on that list are pure conjecture or blamings on things Bill Clinton did (Hillary's devious game plan resulted in Bill losing his license to practice law for 'lying under oath' to a grand jury, followed by his subsequent impeachment by the House of Representatives.), but others I can agree show a definite flare for corruption.

Still, you have to admit that is a much smaller and pitiful list compared to:

http://quantum-displacement.tumblr.com/post/146015554444/anti-trump-masterpost

Like, really small and pitiful.

And I argue that it'd not be difficult to find a equal or larger list on most notable politicians in Washington of this day and age. Corruption is wide spread. That's the sad state we live in.

True they are both bad. But you cant really control who endurses you am i right?. So imo most of clintons actions have effected much more people.

If that's the worst stuff you came away with, you are either blind with favoritism or you didn't scroll lower. I know it's too long to read, but maybe that's the problem; Trump has so many offenses that they are in categorical sections, and they are too numerous for people to actually get through the post. The one about endorsements is ONE SECTION, the FIRST SECTION called fascism which has other stuff aside from the terrible people who support him and whom he supports. Then there are other sections such as racism, sexism, economy, business, CRIME, hypocrisy, lies, lawsuits, and a section labeled other lol. He actually has a miscellaneous section of documented behavior that is worth putting into a post.

It's a shame the list is ordered this way, because it's a fascinating list if you get through the entire thing. And even better if you check out the sources (I haven't for all I admit, but I wouldn't be done in time for voting if I did). But really, the meaty stuff is in his economy, business, crime, lawsuits sections. The other stuff are good reads but if I was naive enough to vote on a candidate solely based off their personality or beliefs, I'd never vote. If you read the other stuff, you will see the lists don't even compare. You just have to get out of the twitterverse and realize that you can't have an informed opinion on that post if you stop a 5th or a 6th of the way down the list of offenses.

The guy is Al Capone short of murdering people, and he's been quoted as saying very extreme things when it comes to nuclear bomb use and war. He is nothing short of dangerous for our country and for the world.

AsGryffynn said:
SkepticallyMinded said:
Voting for Trump is like appointing a homeless man to be CEO of Google. Complete absence of credentials for the position, not to mention he's an idiot.

Weren't you the people who voted for a damned haberdasher? 

I am one person and I've absolutely no idea what you're blathering about here. Perhaps in the future consider that I cannot actually read your mind so being deliberately obfuscatory and/or ambiguous with your responses may not be the best way to communicate with someone you do not know. Just a thought.

I own a small business.  So, I buy my own insurance.  

Machiavellian said:
VAMatt said:

The ACA had caused my premium to increase 430% for coverage that is still slightly worse than the mediocre stuff I had before.  Nowadays, because of my high deductible, I see the doctor far less often than I used to.  So, the ACA has had a direct negative impact on the quality of my Healthcare and the money in my walllet.

Just wondering, if the ACA caused your premium to increase that much are you buying it yourself or do you get it from your company you work for.  Only asking because that seems really high compared to my experience which did not increase at all.

I buy my own insurance.  

Around the Network
SkepticallyMinded said:
AsGryffynn said:

Weren't you the people who voted for a damned haberdasher? 

I am one person and I've absolutely no idea what you're blathering about here. Perhaps in the future consider that I cannot actually read your mind so being deliberately obfuscatory and/or ambiguous with your responses may not be the best way to communicate with someone you do not know. Just a thought.

Wow... Americans don't know their own presidents... Completely new to me... 

Truman dammit! 

tripenfall said:
If the major right wing party here in Australia (ironically called the Liberal Party) were to take their policies and go to the USA they would align with the Democrats rather than the Republicans. Right wing politics in America is very very right. 

Nothing ironic about it - the Liberal Party are economic Liberals. The Democrats in America are socially liberal. They're often distinguished by capitalisation - the Liberal Party are Liberals (capital L), the Democrats are liberals (small L). You may have heard of "Small L Liberals"?

And let's be honest - aside from a few select members (like Abbott, Abetz, and Christensen), the Liberals would be left of the US's Democratic party.

The scariest part is that our Labor Party is to the right of most European right-wing parties, because while nowhere near as bad as the US, our politics has skewed to the right on a lot of issues (especially economic ones).

AsGryffynn said:
SkepticallyMinded said:

Truman dammit! 

I cannot devise a larger waste of one's time than to memorize the occupations of all of the United States presidents. You need to get out more often.

SkepticallyMinded said:
AsGryffynn said:

Truman dammit! 

I cannot devise a larger waste of one's time than to memorize the occupations of all of the United States presidents. You need to get out more often.

Err dude, this was something I read one day for a history report and found curious. Do you really think I know the occupation of every single president? I know those of a few, but not all of them... 

Sorry loser... 

Probably because Trump is a self righteous moron who knows nothing about the people he insults.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!