By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV goes back to its roots

BasilZero said:
vivster said:

I'm pretty sre the white mage of FF1 was always female.

Not in the original version.

Prove to me that this isn't female.

http://www.fforigins.com/ff1/char/index.html

Later games also make it pretty clear that the white mage always was a girl. Which means that even in the very first game you could already make an all female party.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Azuren said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I believe many don't concur with you. Want to revise that statement?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/final-fantasy-xiv-online-a-realm-reborn

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/final-fantasy-xiv-heavensward

Nope.

well then, stay in the wrong.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
BasilZero said:
vivster said:

Prove to me that this isn't female.

http://www.fforigins.com/ff1/char/index.html

Later games also make it pretty clear that the white mage always was a girl.

I dont need to prove anything to you lol. I will still and always consider it as a male especially during that time of game development when majority of characters were male.

What I see in your post is neither male or female but a bunch of broken links.

I consider this as a female more than the white mage/wizard sprite from NES:

What I see in the source - looks more masculine than feminine - moreso for the class change form.

Just because later games showcased white mages as females doesnt necessarily mean all white mages are female. Same with black mages, because the first game's black mage being male doesnt necessarily guarantee that all black mages are male either.

I still consider it as genderless when it comes to the whole design - they left it up to the players to decide whether or not they consider it as male or female. I consider it as a male for the NES version while in the remakes I consider it as female.

Black mage was always genderless. Don't know why anyone would assume it's male.

The healer as a female is a trope and it already was when FF1 released. It would be foolish to assume that in the one defining JRPG it suddenly wasn't just because of ambiguous pixel art.

Unless of course you're now pretending that not every JRPG uses as much tropes as possible. Then I guess this discussion is over since you apparently have never played a single one.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Are we happy because there are cristals? Botton of the barrel, we finally got there.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

BasilZero said:
vivster said:

Black mage was always genderless. Don't know why anyone would assume it's male.

The healer as a female is a trope and it already was when FF1 released. It would be foolish to assume that in the one defining JRPG it suddenly wasn't just because of ambiguous pixel art.

Unless of course you're now pretending that not every JRPG uses as much tropes as possible. Then I guess this discussion is over since you apparently have never played a single one.

Dont care what you think - I'm still gonna consider it as male.

Sure, the only male white mage in the History of Final Fantasy is in the first one despite all subsequent ones being obviously female and it even being depicted as a female in the remakes. Obviously that leaves male as the only conclusion.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

vivster said:

Sure, the only male white mage in the History of Final Fantasy is in the first one despite all subsequent ones being obviously female and it even being depicted as a female in the remakes. Obviously that leaves male as the only conclusion.

Glad you decided to agree with me. We can finally move on l0l

Not before you admit that Samus Aran is actually male in the original because of that one pixel in her crotch that kinda looks like a dick.

BraLoD said:
FF XV will be awesome.
Haters gonna hate, but that shit will be great.

True.

White mage in original FF is a male. It's much easier to determine the gender after changing the class to white wizard.

So are we expecting tidus laugh to be featured in ffxv as well?

Wow, Tech really evolved in the last 30years

This game will be fantastic, I guarantee it. It will have a rich story, some epic plot holes, beautiful environments, awesome characters, an amazing soundtrack, an encouraging battle system, and a bucket full of references to earlier entries in the series.

BUT! All that doesn't matter since fans will destroy it anyway for not being like their favorite Final Fantasy game. At this point, no matter what SE does, nothing will please them all. Everyone and their mum will step up, declare himself as FF expert and discuss in page long comments why this or that is bad and why this or that was so much better in [insert random FF game here]. I mean, seriously? Why the heck do we need to complain about an all male party? Who cares? As long as the game has lots of other female characters, why the outrage? Why not accept what the designers are trying to tell you in the way they seem fit?

The FF fanbase is sooooo divergent, SE should just close eyes and ears and do whatever the f they want. Just release them games, we'll buy 'em anyway.