By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why are people voting for Trump?

Ok, I really thought that it was just rednecks and idiots that was voting for/planning to vote for Donald Trump. Now I've noticed that my preconceptions were wrong and that a lot of "normal" people actually support Trump. Why? I mean if you're not one of the above (which you very likely are if you vote for Trump) what are your reasons to vote for him? Is it because you don't want a female president? Because you think he's funny? Or because you're easily manipulated? I'm from sweden so I haven't really followed American politics that well but I try to keep up with what's going on in the world. The things I've noticed about Trump are:

He's annoying, not because he's good at what he does but because he's like a spoiled child. ("Turn of the lights!!" etc.)

He doesn't know anything about politics. He just says a bunch of shit that never would work in reality. Hilary has many years of experience in politics and she also has a husband who happens to have been the president of the USA. 

He lies, alot. And it's not 'good' lies, it's just stupid lies that makes him sound like a three year old. Like the other day when he said that Hilary started the whole birth certificate debate.

He is a flip flopping hypocrite. Really, you know. He will do anything to become a president.

He doesn't pay tax (???). Is that really someone you want to lead your country? Someone with a shitload of money who doesn't want to contribute to society but still wants everything.

He has some fucked up opinions about immigrants and people that aren't from the USA.

Please explain and come with legit reasons why you think there's no better option than Trump.

Around the Network

No idea but maybe the alternative is worse.

You say you're from Sweden? Are you ethnically Swedish? Like, were your parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc, born there?

StarDoor said:
You say you're from Sweden? Are you ethnically Swedish? Like, were your parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc, born there?

Yup, as far back as I can track. I'm blonde, blue eyes, tall, Aryan, typical viking swedish. Hitler would have loved me and probably Trump too! Dunno if you're joking or why that would be relevant though?

I think some people just can't bring themselves to vote for Hillary. She is also a liar and seems to be willing to do anything to get the nomination at the least and the office of POTUS at best (see how she did Bernie). I'm willing to bet Donald does pay quite a bit in taxes overall, personal income taxes are not the only taxes we pay in the US. When it comes to immigration the Democrats want to try what Regan tried in the 80's and that didn't work then (the follow up to the amnesty never really happened and the illegals have multiplied probably twofold).

Personally I don't know, like last election I won't be able to bring myself to vote for either of the two major candidates. Both of them scare the shit out of me.

Around the Network

Dunno but sometimes looks like a wave of anti-intellectualism is shaking USA again.

Because he promises something different. He tells people what they want to hear. And some people probably think he's just the lesser evil, or that it'll be a nice teaching for the other option(s).

zamieh said:

Ok, I really thought that it was just rednecks and idiots that was voting for/planning to vote for Donald Trump. 

I think you got it right the first time. It's just that there are more of these in the USA than you thought. The only other group is Hillary haters, which is also a non-negligible minority. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I truly do not get it either. I hate Clinton, but I'd take her over Trump by a long shot. That man is insane and obsessed with power. I've never seen someone more condescending than Trump.

Trump saying "I could kill someone on the streets and my supporters would still love me" is just despicable. Horrible human being.

Same reason people buy weight loss pills and extenze. Trump is the penis enlarging pill of the political world.

He makes promises that common sense tells you won't work, but his supporter's (metaphorical) dicks are so small that they're willing to believe it.