By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why are people voting for Trump?

pray4mojo said:

Want to build a wall? You're hateful.

A mason somewhere in the world is crying right now.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Leadified said:

A mason somewhere in the world is crying right now.

Clearly he needs to build a wall around his emotions.

He could then put on a roof to wall himself in completely. But then his wall is no better than a prison, deep.

deskpro2k3 said:
i have a great plan, let me tell you, this plan is great, it is going to work because it's a great plan.

anyone who talks like that is not getting my vote.

Yeah, you'd have to be stupid to actually believe his "plans". He never specifies anything, instead he just uses circular logic: "My plan will work because its a good plan that will work."

I sincerely hope those voting for him are voting to spite Hillary and are not actually buying his garbage

StarOcean said:
deskpro2k3 said:
i have a great plan, let me tell you, this plan is great, it is going to work because it's a great plan.

anyone who talks like that is not getting my vote.

Yeah, you'd have to be stupid to actually believe his "plans". He never specifies anything, instead he just uses circular logic: "My plan will work because its a good plan that will work."

I sincerely hope those voting for him are voting to spite Hillary and are not actually buying his garbage

The flaw with things like this is it goes both ways. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Lawlight said:
pray4mojo said:

It's a pretty open ended word. You can use it in place of racist as well, which was my intention.

People who are against illegal immigrant are racists? Is this real life?

If someone can explain to me why they support deporting poor people and their familes without coming off as heartless, selfish and only caring about themselves, I'd be ok with it... but they can't. You can't support basic human rights and support building walls to keep hungry, less forturnate human beings out of the US. The fucking country was BUILT ON THEM. The Statue of Liberty says "Give us your tired,your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" for crying out loud. The ideals of this nation were born on the idea of open boarders and letting multiple cultures work together to create a common dream. 

Trumps America is a lie that was contrived out of not-so-hidden racism.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
pray4mojo said:

It's a pretty open ended word. You can use it in place of racist as well, which was my intention.

You can't love legal immigrants and dislike illegals ... must be racist ... no wait a bigot (newest buzzword)

For as far back as I can remember Republican have been spewing this false narrative 1: the government does nothing good 2: if you give the money and power to the wealthy instead of the government it will make your life better 3: the people who have no money or power are to blame because you do not have more money and Power. After 40 years of indoctrination Trump is the current beneficiary of an ill-informed populace.

"He is a flip flopping hypocrite. Really, you know. He will do anything to become a president."

I laughed when I saw this line, since it's basically what Obama said about Clinton in the past
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGqD8-a-REQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6JUELMO1jo

It is very telling that the vast majority of reasons to vote for Trump are based on Trump's lies about Hillary and a false equivalency between Trump and Hillary.

pray4mojo said:
Lawlight said:

If someone can explain to me why they support deporting poor people and their familes without coming off as heartless, selfish and only caring about themselves, I'd be ok with it... but they can't. You can't support basic human rights and support building walls to keep hungry, less forturnate human beings out of the US. The fucking country was BUILT ON THEM. The Statue of Liberty says "Give us your tired,your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" for crying out loud. The ideals of this nation were born on the idea of open boarders and letting multiple cultures work together to create a common dream. 

Trumps America is a lie that was contrived out of not-so-hidden racism.

Thing is we have a path to join the American Dream in place, it's called legal immigration.  Does it need reformed a bit, most likely.  Regan's plan of amnesty back in the 80's was supposed to forgive those who's first act was to break our laws and stop the flow of illegals, how has that worked out?  Are the immigrants coming here to make this a better country or do they care only about their bottom line.  I'm sure there are some of both in the mix. Personally I think the flow of immigrants needs to be controlled and "open borders" are only going to lead to this nation ending up as poor and 2nd/3rd world as the countries some of these illegals are coming from.  Just look at the current state of our public education system and the burden being placed on it by those that don't, or won't learn English (hard to move an entire class of kids forward when only some of them are even capable of understanding you).  Immigrants are a necessity for our country but an unchecked flow of them will destroy the framework that makes an American Dream possible in the first place by overloading the systems and infrastructure.