By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Pro Wrasslin' Thread (WWE, WWF, WCW, TNA, ROH, NWA, NJPW, etc)

Tagged games:

What match are you excited for at WWE Payback 2017?

Neville vs. Austin Aries ... 1 5.88%

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyat... 3 17.65%

The Hardy Boyz vs. Cesaro... 3 17.65%

Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jer... 4 23.53%

Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's Title) 3 17.65%

Seth Rollins vs. Samoa Joe 1 5.88%

Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman 2 11.76%

Total:17
ktay95 said:
BasilZero said:

Alexa Bliss vs Naomi (Random match up)   - Naomi wins

Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton - Wyatt wins thanks to Luke Harper coming in and interfering

WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY DO THAT, WHY HAVE THE CONTENDER FUCKING LOSE THIS NOTHING MATCH

I watched a little of the after-show and Bryan said something about Tron--I mean, Naomi--perhaps being deserving of a title shot in a 3-way because of what happened.  Bleh.  That was probably their logic.  As much as I'd prefer Becky in a one on one match, that would be the ONLY thing that would make sense after that result.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
ktay95 said:

WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY DO THAT, WHY HAVE THE CONTENDER FUCKING LOSE THIS NOTHING MATCH

I watched a little of the after-show and Bryan said something about Tron--I mean, Naomi--perhaps being deserving of a title shot in a 3-way because of what happened.  Bleh.  That was probably their logic.  As much as I'd prefer Becky in a one on one match, that would be the ONLY thing that would make sense after that result.

I wouldn't be shocked if they do some sort of triple threat match because Beckys injury is more severe than people are letting on. A triple threat where she gets taken out early, and Naomi gets the belt would be a easy scenario.

Man, I really wanted The Miz to break the record for the longest Intercontinental Championship reign (The Honky Tonk Man with 454 days). But a Ziggler championship run is fantastic too and thank god he won't retire! Overall a solid PPV. AJ Styles title defense looked weak though. Now after Cena and Ambrose will be gone who will be the next challenger for AJ Styles? Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt fued looks like to continue because Bray Wyatt never wins a fued so it's neither Randy Orton nor Bray Wyatt for AJ Styles. Maybe AJ Styles vs Kane at Survivor Series 2016? They could be saving the AJ Styles vs Randy Orton match for WrestleMania 33.

ktay95 said:
BasilZero said:

Alexa Bliss vs Naomi (Random match up)   - Naomi wins

Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton - Wyatt wins thanks to Luke Harper coming in and interfering

Naomi is a very underrated performer in WWE. Always good to see her winning a match imo. ^^

BasilZero said:
Dr.Vita said:

Man, I really wanted The Miz to break the record for the longest Intercontinental Championship reign (The Honky Tonk Man with 454 days). But a Ziggler championship run is fantastic too and thank god he won't retire! Overall a solid PPV. AJ Styles title defense looked weak though. Now after Cena and Ambrose will be gone who will be the next challenger for AJ Styles? Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt fued looks like to continue because Bray Wyatt never wins a fued so it's neither Randy Orton nor Bray Wyatt for AJ Styles. Maybe AJ Styles vs Kane at Survivor Series 2016? They could be saving the AJ Styles vs Randy Orton match for WrestleMania 33.

lol - they would never make Miz carry the title that long.

They could put Styles up against Orton and Wyatt in a triple  thread ;o>...

AJ Styles vs Orton is likely to happen sooner than later.

Wyatt needs the title though :/

I'd be delighted if he gets the title. But it seems like Vince hates him so I doubt that will be happening anytime soon. He's more likely to fade away and disappear than get a legitimate title shot.

Around the Network

No way are Cena and/or Ambrose finished with the World Title picture. Ambrose can claim he's due a one-on-one rematch and also that he's not the one that got pinned against Styles. Cena can claim that he deserves another title shot because he's John Cena.

pokoko said:
No way are Cena and/or Ambrose finished with the World Title picture. Ambrose can claim he's due a one-on-one rematch and also that he's not the one that got pinned against Styles. Cena can claim that he deserves another title shot because he's John Cena.

Considering Styles tapped out to both of them yeah this fued is definitely not over anytime soon.

I think that WWE moved their match card around because of the presidential debates. I ended up turning to the debate after I watched the main event. I think that the next Smackdown PPV will be better because there won't be near as many other things interfering.

Well assuming the World Series doesn't land on a Sunday Night..

WWE Suspends Paige For 60 Days
http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-suspends-paige-for-60-days

Paige's Parents Respond To Paige's WWE Suspension
http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/43881/Paiges-Parents-Respond-To-Paiges-WWE-Suspension/

BasilZero said:

First poll for the wrasslin thread - forgot to make one last week

So here's the one for this week yo ;)

What is your favorite wrestling Promotion - lets add that as one of many topics we can discuss too (along side the shows that occur weekly).

My favorite wrestling promotion? That's easy, the only one I watch is WWE so there is no other choice for me. XD
But beside the WWE Lucha Underground and NJPW seem also very interesting imo.