By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Shuhei Yoshida be fired from Sony?

taus90 said:

Wipeout HD was not an HD "Remake" of any previous wipeout games.

Yes it is, lol.  Why on earth do you think it's called WipEout HD?  It's a HD version of Pure & Pulse (the PSP titles).  All the content is lifted from one of those two titles.

Around the Network
taus90 said:

Agree with everything you said, except for the part of Horizon. Sony's 1st Party moves have been questionable at best and also which games should be promoted (the Order vs Untill Dawn). This is the third year that Ps4 doesnt have any major AAA exclusive for fall. And the two exclusive games that are coming at the end of the year are releasing 5 days apart from each other Gravity Rush 2 1st dec and The Last Guardian 6th December. Even if one assumes devs are working hard on PSvr titles, then previous gen they had to worry about PSvita too, but the fact is I dont see any 1st party AAA dev have Psvr games in development, exception gurriela cambridge, but they were vita devs now a VR. so technically they dont count.

The horror. The should have had released zero AAA games all year and save them all for Christmas. Somehow releasing Uncharted 4 in November, in a month when everyone is buying COD, BAttlefield, Fifa, etc would have somehow been better.

Why people think that only games that are released between September and December count is a mystery to me.

Zombie9ers said:

Dont get me wrong -Shuhei Yoshida- head of Sony's Worldwide Studios- is one of the nicest and most likable guys in the industry .

The problem is, under his watch, first party games have been constantly delayed- including The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, GT Sport and Horizon Zero Dawn to name a few.

Maybe that's the problem - he's just too damn nice. He needs to be more firm with the development teams  to make sure they are staying on schedule and meeting their deadlines.

I understand that no one wants a game released that is unfinished or broken - but at the same time I don't think developers should make promises they can't keep.

And that's where Shu needs to step in and set the expectations for the teams. If they set a release date - he needs to hold them accountable.

I wonder if he's already in hot water. He's been noticeably absent from Sony press conferences since last year's E3, and with the recent departure of Adam Boyes (another top Sony exec) perhaps Shu is on his way out the door as well?

This Gen there are just to many moving parts between PSVR and more likely PS4 Pro, it's caused longer than usal delays.

Ka-pi96 said:

Well considering I wrote in my original post `the only ones I can think of` it`s actually the sales that are irrelevant. It doesn`t matter if a game sold 2 copies or a billion copies, if I can`t remember it/think of it when talking about the PS3s big 1st party games then I`m not going to mention it.

Anyone would have hard time remebering 6 to 9 years old catlogue compared to current gen games that are still relevant and fresh in memory, which doesnt help your argument that PS4 has more memorable games than PS3. Considering the games u mentioned on PS4 are the only 1st party exclusive games on PS4 right  now. If u ask any Playstation fan you will always find them in favor of Killzone 2 > Shadow Fall, Uncharted 2 > Uncharted 4, Infamous 1/2 > Second Son. Also again its ur personal choice to like games, but it doesnt change the fact that Sony 1st party worldwide studio was churning out high quality games on a machine which was a nightmare to develop on compared to PS4.

Maybe a different president could make it be faster, but we have to think if that is what they want or to keep profitability and quality... we don't know the internals of Sony, so you are basically asking for something in your own benefit.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
taus90 said:

Wipeout HD was not an HD "Remake" of any previous wipeout games.

Yes it is, lol.  Why on earth do you think it's called WipEout HD?  It's a HD version of Pure & Pulse (the PSP titles).  All the content is lifted from one of those two titles.

Ops i forgot there were technically two releases of wipeout HD, HD Fury I was talking about Fury that came on Disc. What i meant was it was not a re- release of any specific past games, it was a mash up of two games and not a remaster or collection of sort like ghost of sparta, FF type 0. It was grounds up built on a new engine. Like Ratchet and Clank, which according to me is a new game and not a straight up remake of the original one.

He should commit seppuku if you ask me.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Are you serious? Would you rather have your games on time with a lot more flaws in them, than to wait 3-6 months and have a much better experience? I know what I'd choose any day.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

taus90 said:

What i meant was it was not a re- release of any specific past games, it was a mash up of two games and not a remaster or collection of sort like ghost of sparta, FF type 0. It was grounds up built on a new engine. Like Ratchet and Clank, which according to me is a new game and not a straight up remake of the original one.

I mean, it's not a literal remaster, but it's as good as.  They took the tracks; vehicles and modes from Pure & Pulse and HD-ified them.  The only new content was different menus, pretty much.

The guy is incompetent let's face it not because delayed games but because he doesn't has the courage to close PD but he killed Evo.

Just because of that he should go,