By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Three System Features You Want to see from the NX

Captain_Yuri said:
Ethernet Port

I had almost forgotten.... yes Id like a ethernet port on the next nintendo system.

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
Free Online
an achievement system (We'll see if MyNintendo ends up being one)
A competitive range of streaming apps compared to Microsoft and Sony. Such a HBO, Pandora, Spotify, MLB TV and so on.

Hopefully one which is slightly better than Youtube on the original Wii or the 3DS

as much as I do love my favourite show

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

1. The ability to play games
2. The ability to play good games
3. The ability to play good games without the hardware interfering

That's all I need, anything else is a bonus.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Already posted what I want. Here's what I would do if I were Nintendo...

1. Keep the NX as powerful as a PS4, but keep the price point at $250. This can be done easily, since it has been three years since the PS4 launched. This will make the NX beat the Scorpio/Pro in pricing, the same way the Wii beat the 360/PS3.

2. Make the NX backwards compatible with 3DS, and DS. This shouldn't be too hard since the NX is supposed to be using the same cart technology. This will make it even easier for people to afford an NX. It will also flood the market with used 3DS systems, which will make Nintendo gain customers that buy used 3DS systems, boosting the sales of 3DS games.

3. Get steam running on the NX. Nintendo's third party problem would go away overnight. Not to mention, a portable steam machine would have massive appeal.

4. Put the Virtual console on steam. This would help people rediscover Nintendo games, and generate revenue. A PC gamer that falls in love with the VC games may eventually buy an NX just to have a portable steam machine, and Nintendo exclusives.

5. Pump out four AAA exclusives a year for the NX. Better library = more sales.

6. Make sure that the controller is comfortable for everyone. A lot of people simply do not like Nintendo's controllers. They feel cramped, and made for children.

7. NO GIMMICKS! Gimmicks just drive the price of a console up. We don't need 3D, motion controls, or a tablet controller.

Bolded; that's actually a pretty good idea! Valve would never work with Microsoft and they have expressed a lack of interest in the Playstation line.

Come to think of it, all your points are pretty good, I'm impressed! Quick, e-mail your ideas to Nintendo before they manage to release without these features!

1 stationary game APPARATUS / Supplemental Computing Devices: home console / server > support ps4 games, organised in cloud Community for free multiplayers online until 200 players simultaneously and advanced cloud features.
2 gamephone: handheld console / smartphone, support handheld games and smartphone games, 4G, streaming gaming via internet /wifi from home console / server , handheld games until 200 players online when it connected on home console / server , hybride games (handheld / home), synchronisation with our smartphone with software programme, look like a smartphones...
3 spécial pad: having a dock for gamephone for playing handheld games, can be used to play on Home console /server...

Around the Network

- At least Xbox One performance while docked
- Full HD portable screen
- No detachable controllers

Twitter @CyberMalistix

VR
Region FREE
Projector

Switch!!!

Dual analog, dual screens and tilt controls for both versions.
Games tied to nnid, region free and free online.
Improved miiverse and no archieviements or trophies.

Yeah thats more than 3.